Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

@Tall Steve, you're a manual whore hahahahaha I loved my ZL1 (Manual) but my CTS-V (Auto) with the right amount of added power is just as fun to drive...plus, here in San Diego driving a Manual in traffic tends to get old quickly. Traffic absolutely drains the fun right out of driving a manual. But all of you comments about the manuals are making me laugh...glad Cadillac finally put the Tremec back in this platform, it certainly brings out the giddy little car lover in some of us hahaha

Definitely would get old in bad traffic situations. But like Steve i cannot wait for my manual. Been driving my brothers Superformance 65 Cobra replica in a 5 speed with 550 horses and love every shift

Definitely would get old in bad traffic situations. But like Steve i cannot wait for my manual. Been driving my brothers Superformance 65 Cobra replica in a 5 speed with 550 horses and love every shift
thats funny, my best friend has a Mk 3 roadster as well...they are very "mechanical" feeling and good god the amount of torque in those things is insane....felt like I was driving a tiny fast diesel. hahaha superformance is actually the only company that was endorsed by Carroll Shelby. Those are apparently the closest you can get to a real Shelby Cobra, definitely fun (and dangerous) little cars. they're like a go kart on steroids.

You describe it perfectly. First time i got into it I practically filled my pants.

@Tall Steve, you're a manual whore hahahahaha I loved my ZL1 (Manual) but my CTS-V (Auto) with the right amount of added power is just as fun to drive...plus, here in San Diego driving a Manual in traffic tends to get old quickly. Traffic absolutely drains the fun right out of driving a manual. But all of you comments about the manuals are making me laugh...glad Cadillac finally put the Tremec back in this platform, it certainly brings out the giddy little car lover in some of us hahaha
LOL, not really a "manual whore" as my BW will be my first high performance car with a manual, and your right about driving a manual in traffic but my BW will be a car only driven on the weekends for fun and to car shows.. I have driven my son old Honda Civic Si in traffic and it's a pain for sure... If my BW was going to be a daily driver I would get an auto, and my wife has said that it's going to suck because she can't drive it..I've tried to teach her how to drive a manual but she just can't get the hang of it...Oh well.....

Hi, just turned 40 with 3 kids 10 and under ( one just inherited... long story...) in Central Florida. Been waiting for a long time for a manual sedan. Been looking for G8 GXPs, SS’s, V2’s, etc. feel like the CT5 BW was my last chance. So I bit the bullet. More than I want to spend but hey, you only live once.
Previous vehicles-
1995 Maxima - Manual (what started it)
1968 Firebird
2004 Tacoma 4x4 -Manual
1996 Maxima - Manual
2004 Yukon
2003 Maxima
2003 Mustang Mach I - Manual
1995 Honda Accord
1995 Toyota Camry
2005 F350 - 2/3 Manual
2001 Toyota 4 Runner
2019 Honda Accord

Excited to experience the BW.

I'm Dave, 39 no kids and living in south FL. I work in finance. My car history is short since I wasted so many good years in NYC -

2020 Mazda CX5
2010 Mazda3 (standard)
1999 Ford Contour SVT (standard)

BW is way to good to pass up. Figured I'd only be driving SUVs from here on out since I refuse to drive an automatic car, and used manuals are hard to find. But here we are!

BUMP for all the new guys........Can we talk?

I hadn't seen this thread before now. Seems like a lot of us in similar circumstances. I'm 50, live in Utah, work in IT for an Automotive Tier 1, currently drive a 2017 SS, and I've been into GM performance vehicles for a long time including modifying most of them along the way. I have a 21 year old son that is following right along.

Current and previous vehicles include '07 LBZ Duramax, 2008 G8 GT, 2000 GP GTP, and a 1972 Cutlass Supreme. My SS is my true daily driver with an LME LSA with lots of goodies to reach 720whp. My son is buying it from me when the BW arrives so we can't wait to do a lot of comparisons. We spend a lot of time at car meets, rallys, and racing including AutoX, Roll Racing, Drag Racing, Track, and the occasional trip to Mexico.

Approaching 42 with 4 kids with the same wife of 20 years this coming November. Been stuck in Chicagoland for nearly 36 of 42 years and have been trying to escape every day. Work in pharmaceuticals. Previous cars include a handful of Caddy's to the point I lost track. A couple slades, 4 CTS's, 3 STS's... The fun previous cars were a 500+hp Evo daily driven, '07 Trailblazer SS. Current car is a '16 SS with bolt ons and a tune, currently for sale. I also have a couple Cadillac tattoo's if that counts for anything.

I hadn't seen this thread before now. Seems like a lot of us in similar circumstances. I'm 50, live in Utah, work in IT for an Automotive Tier 1, currently drive a 2017 SS, and I've been into GM performance vehicles for a long time including modifying most of them along the way. I have a 21 year old son that is following right along.

Current and previous vehicles include '07 LBZ Duramax, 2008 G8 GT, 2000 GP GTP, and a 1972 Cutlass Supreme. My SS is my true daily driver with an LME LSA with lots of goodies to reach 720whp. My son is buying it from me when the BW arrives so we can't wait to do a lot of comparisons. We spend a lot of time at car meets, rallys, and racing including AutoX, Roll Racing, Drag Racing, Track, and the occasional trip to Mexico.
Would your son happen to be Konns Vlog (or something like that) on YouTube?

Hey All! My name is Kyle Cross. I work for an IT company (World Wide Technology) as a Senior/Lead Software Consultant and Agile Coach and a part time professional photographer. I am currently shooting the professional Drift series "Formula Drift". I am 41. I am currently living in St. Louis, although I am originally from Las Vegas (I miss it).
As it relates to cars, I have been a car nut since I was a kid. I currently own 4 cars personally and my wife has one. The Blackwing we reserved is a little bit of an Anniversary gift to ourselves.

Current Stable:
2018 Subaru WRX 50th Anniversary (Wife's car)
2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost (my daily... yeah it's tuned lol)
1986 Chevy C20 Scottsdale Crew Cab pickup (restored/lowered/soon to be cummins swapped)
1971 VW Squareback (on air ride, restored, and 1915 stroker motor)
1968 VW Notchback (lowered, soon to have an 1835 turbo motor)

Then there is the thing that got me started into "big power" I sold it about a year ago but I built a 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3. When I sold it, it was built motor, full bolt ons, big turbo, lowered, and made about 550 to the wheels out of a 2.3L MZR motor.

Then there is the thing that got me started into "big power" I sold it about a year ago but I built a 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3. When I sold it, it was built motor, full bolt ons, big turbo, lowered, and made about 550 to the wheels out of a 2.3L MZR motor.
Front wheel drive? Torque steer much?

My name is Tom and 65 was married for 32 years with 2 great kids and now divorced. I was in the Navy for 5 1/2 years and served on the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga and Battleship New Jersey. I planned on being a lifer but it was cut short when we had a major fire onboard and I was next to a 24" fuel line when it exploded blowing a couple of us down 2 decks and I shattered my left knee. They replaced my knee and of course, could no longer serve on a ship and was discharged. This is why I can’t have a car with manual trans. I used to drive nothing but stick. I had 2 Pontiac GTO's, a 1969 and 1970 fully restored but had to sell them for the divorce and now I only have 2017 CTS Vsport waiting for the Blackwings ever since I bought the Vsport because there was already talk about the Blackwings.

I work in the Military and aerospace field and have designed systems for the space shuttle and for defense star wars programs and other systems I can't talk about.

I currently own a business in Santa Clara, Ca testing electronics for the military and aerospace along with commercial semiconductors for navigation systems.

I'm from the east coast and lived all over the US but my favorite place was Hawaii. We moved from Hawaii to California because the ex-didn’t like Hawaii. She was such an ass and I’m glad she’s gone.

My name is Tom and 65 was married for 32 years with 2 great kids and now divorced. I was in the Navy for 5 1/2 years and served on the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga and Battleship New Jersey. I planned on being a lifer but it was cut short when we had a major fire onboard and I was next to a 24" fuel line when it exploded blowing a couple of us down 2 decks and I shattered my left knee. They replaced my knee and of course, could no longer serve on a ship and was discharged. This is why I can’t have a car with manual trans. I used to drive nothing but stick. I had 2 Pontiac GTO's, a 1969 and 1970 fully restored but had to sell them for the divorce and now I only have 2017 CTS Vsport waiting for the Blackwings ever since I bought the Vsport because there was already talk about the Blackwings.

I work in the Military and aerospace field and have designed systems for the space shuttle and for defense star wars programs and other systems I can't talk about.

I currently own a business in Santa Clara, Ca testing electronics for the military and aerospace along with commercial semiconductors for navigation systems.

I'm from the east coast and lived all over the US but my favorite place was Hawaii. We moved from Hawaii to California because the ex-didn’t like Hawaii. She was such an ass and I’m glad she’s gone.
Cool,, can you tell me how to set the time on my VCR to get it to stop blinking??? Hahahahahahahahahaha...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back