Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Removing grille emblem - 4BW

conipc

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Any special technique to remove the emblem? Not the entire ACC sensor, just the badge.

The service manual procedure, just the text:
1. Front Bumper Fascia (1) » Remove — Front Bumper Fascia Removal and Installation
2. Release the front grille emblem/nameplate (1) retaining tabs and push the emblem/nameplate through the front grille.
3. Front Grille Emblem/Nameplate (1) » Remove

So officially you have to remove the bumper which is fairly time-consuming and a little tricky. Somehow I think if you can work your hand in from top after removing the top screws you may not have to remove the entire bumper.

I have some photos of bumper removal here Carbon fiber PN database. and posts 471 and 473.

I poked my fingers through the grill holes to bend the tabs (if I remember correctly one on each corner, look at your replacement badge for reference). As you bend them pull back on the emblem to allow each corner to detach. Repeat the same procedure for each tab until the whole emblem comes off.

Took me about 3-5 minutes to do to get the front emblem off.

Not really seeing how my fingers get to tabs. Did you loosen the top of the grille to get to the emblem from the top area? I suppose I will look at the replacement to get a better idea, but it seems the structure around the sensor prevents access...

Not really seeing how my fingers get to tabs. Did you loosen the top of the grille to get to the emblem from the top area? I suppose I will look at the replacement to get a better idea, but it seems the structure around the sensor prevents access...
Sorry for the late response. See my attached picture from a photo I found of a CT4 BW grill I found on eBay.

It requires some dexterity, but I was able to poke my fingers through the grill and bend the tabs on the emblem to pry it off.

I did not have to undo the grille at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231127-172306.png
    Screenshot_20231127-172306.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
Well, tried to reach through and couldn't get to tabs. Just took a Vice Grip, grabbed the top center of the badge and pulled. Broke off the top of the badge, but it came right off. Tape around it if you're going to try it that way!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back