Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Monochromatic Badges

showmeyourboost

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 Blackwing
Finally got my monochromatic badges (using the 137$ GM gave me in rewards for a 70k car purchase!). Put the front one on quick today. Got kinda buzzed off wine and was able to do it without taking the bumper off. Broke the bottom 2 clips and the top 2 corner clips reaching my finger through the grill and was able to pop the old one off pretty easily.

I do not recommend this, it’s risky. Better pictures tomorrow after I wash the car and install the rear badge (and get rid of the dumb dealership emblem and maybe the CT4 emblem).

Attachments

• 9902856A-1C66-4CB8-8245-78F49F143E84.jpeg
    9902856A-1C66-4CB8-8245-78F49F143E84.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 140
Looking good. I donno if it was just me but getting the rear badge off was a real pain in the ass. Good luck.

Finally got my monochromatic badges (using the 137$ GM gave me in rewards for a 70k car purchase!). Put the front one on quick today. Got kinda buzzed off wine and was able to do it without taking the bumper off. Broke the bottom 2 clips and the top 2 corner clips reaching my finger through the grill and was able to pop the old one off pretty easily.

I do not recommend this, it’s risky. Better pictures tomorrow after I wash the car and install the rear badge (and get rid of the dumb dealership emblem and maybe the CT4 emblem).
I did it the same way. If you have no intention of reusing the original badge, IMO, this is the best way to do it.

Looking good. I donno if it was just me but getting the rear badge off was a real pain in the ass. Good luck.
I’m planning on pulling the trunk liner, working under the edges of the badge with floss as much as possible then trying to pull it with the floss while pushing the clip from the backside.

Was that your process?

I’m planning on pulling the trunk liner, working under the edges of the badge with floss as much as possible then trying to pull it with the floss while pushing the clip from the backside.

Was that your process?

Part of my problem was that I didn’t have a process. The clips were really difficult but I also didn’t take the liner all the way off.

For the rear badge remove the trunk liner. Use a pair of pliers to squeeze and push each clip. There is no need for monofilament line. Mine easily came out.

For the rear badge remove the trunk liner. Use a pair of pliers to squeeze and push each clip. There is no need for monofilament line. Mine easily came out.
^^^^ i did it the same way, didn’t take long at all. Yes, hardest part was popping the liner clips, but the correct trim tool made it easy.

^^^^ i did it the same way, didn’t take long at all. Yes, hardest part was popping the liner clips, but the correct trim tool made it easy.
Any idea what the correct trim tool would be?

Any idea what the correct trim tool would be?
Here are the ones that I used. I’ve had them for over 10yrs and they are indispensable.
I use one to start prying to get some space until I can see the clip, then used my finger tips to hold pressure and one to pry against the actual clip. Sometimes I had to work the clip at different angles.
One clip did pull off the liner, which I hot glued back to the liner.

A head mounted headlight is recommended to see the clip better under the liner.
C66BCEB1-FEA9-412E-ACDC-8B4698504564.jpeg

Here are the ones that I used. I’ve had them for over 10yrs and they are indispensable.
I use one to start prying to get some space until I can see the clip, then used my finger tips to hold pressure and one to pry against the actual clip. Sometimes I had to work the clip at different angles.
One clip did pull off the liner, which I hot glued back to the liner.

A head mounted headlight is recommended to see the clip better under the liner.
View attachment 16500
Thank you very much.

I got this kit for my CT4 and I noticed that there is small gap on the top of the front badge after installing.
I was able to reach my fingers through and around the grill to press out the original front emblem. It took some finagling, but eventually it popped out.

The CT4 Monochrome front emblem is slightly smaller than the original front emblem.

It fits and clips in but the top clips don't line up.

It works though.

I really like look of the Monochromatic badges. I am thinking of debadging my car once it arrives. Is the correct part # for the CT5 84670237?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back