Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

rear alignment issue

Treedoc

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Ct5 Blackwing
Hello> Im curious if anyone has had this issue? I have a 2022 ct5 BW with 2100 miles on it. I noticed a few weeks ago that the rear tires were wearing unevenly (inside of tires). Didnt pay much attention at the time but now I had a flapping sound from the rear and discovered a 1/4'' by 2 foot long strip of tread wad hanging off. I cut the tread so I could drive it and went straight to Dealer. They inspected it and said leave it here we will replace the tire under warranty. 2 days later, they said both tires had uneven wear and the alignment needed adjustment. They said they would not warranty any of this because the tires were worn down almost to the replacement indicators indicating aggressive driving habits. They didnt seem to care about the tire separation nor the heavy uneven wear issue. It seems really strange the alignment would be out in a new car with low mileage?? Anyone have any ideas ? Thank you

Normally your alignment is covered for 12 months from date of purchase, meaning that they are suppose to provide it for free. As for the tires, not sure and suggest that you look at the warranty section of your manual for the correct answer. Every new vehicle that I have purchased (9 of them) over the last 6 yrs has had a bumper-to-bumper for the first 12 month or 12k mile warranty. Now, I'm sure that there is section explaining that suspect abuse it not covered if they want to use that against you. I know when I had a tire issue, every dealer covered it such as out of round and such including an issue I had on my 2016 Z06 on the front tire with a vibration issue

Normally your alignment is covered for 12 months from date of purchase, meaning that they are suppose to provide it for free. As for the tires, not sure and suggest that you look at the warranty section of your manual for the correct answer. Every new vehicle that I have purchased (9 of them) over the last 6 yrs has had a bumper-to-bumper for the first 12 month or 12k mile warranty. Now, I'm sure that there is section explaining that suspect abuse it not covered if they want to use that against you. I know when I had a tire issue, every dealer covered it such as out of round and such including an issue I had on my 2016 Z06 on the front tire with a vibration issue
Thank you. Kinda what I was thinking. The car was purchased at an out of town dealer so Im thinking they dont want to help out as much as if purchased there grrr

Which numbers are out of spec on it?

Which numbers are out of spec on it?
Not sure as of yet they arewearing heavy on the inside 3'' if tread on both although the left tire looks to have more wear. I am taking it in for alignment tomorrow

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back