Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Reach to the turn signals?

sethsquire

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
I got a call from a dealer where I had inquired about a 4BW that they had one in if I wanted to look at it. I asked if I could somehow test drive this mythical beast and unfortunately the answer was no since the car was in the showroom, but they did say I could test drive a CT4 Sport that happened to be there as well. Okay then.

I drove the car, which I liked well enough, but I had one issue. When I was using the turn signals it seemed like the signal stalk was unusually far away from the wheel, to the point where it was an annoying little reach every time I wanted to flick the stalk. I thought back to Doug Demuro's video on the 5BW and he had actually mentioned this as well, so apparently its a thing on both cars.

Has anyone else observed this? Is there something I'm missing here? It's the first time I can ever recall thinking that the position of the turn signal stalk is less than ideal, and I can see how one would either get used to it, or how it might just be a constant niggling annoyance.

I got a call from a dealer where I had inquired about a 4BW that they had one in if I wanted to look at it. I asked if I could somehow test drive this mythical beast and unfortunately the answer was no since the car was in the showroom, but they did say I could test drive a CT4 Sport that happened to be there as well. Okay then.

I drove the car, which I liked well enough, but I had one issue. When I was using the turn signals it seemed like the signal stalk was unusually far away from the wheel, to the point where it was an annoying little reach every time I wanted to flick the stalk. I thought back to Doug Demuro's video on the 5BW and he had actually mentioned this as well, so apparently its a thing on both cars.

Has anyone else observed this? Is there something I'm missing here? It's the first time I can ever recall thinking that the position of the turn signal stalk is less than ideal, and I can see how one would either get used to it, or how it might just be a constant niggling annoyance.
That's not something that I noticed in either my CT4 BW or, the CT4 loaner that I had.

I've noticed it in my BW 5 but I'm ok with it. And their right, once you hit the gas, you forget all about it. I love these cars !!! I'm still thinking about trading my Vsport and get the BW 4. They are offering great prices on Vsports these days.

I've noticed it in my BW 5 but I'm ok with it.

In my 2008 CLK the cruise control stalk is where the turn signal should be and vice versa.

The possibility of getting the stalk roulette wrong at the worst possible time makes you feel alive! :)

Screen-Shot-2021-10-19-at-5-59-28-PM.png

Last edited:
I agree with the OP's comment about the stalk, but it's about the only "complaint" that I have with the car!

Best reply… who gives a f about turn signals unless your drifting around the corner
in which case, im sure not reaching for the turn signal prior to entering a drift hahahaha...F it, full send!

Interesting, never noticed the problem, I guess I just have huge hands........They do call me "Sasquatch" at work..... :)

My guess is this a second order effect of the automagical crowd wanting to pretend they're engaged in the process, leading to the addition of flappy paddles that require space behind the wheel that wouldn't be needed if they were just honest with themselves.

Yet another little reminder that Alfred Munro was responsible for the fall of western civilization.

This is a common GM ergonomic thing. You'll really notice if you frequently drive non-GM cars.
I have a mix of domestic and German (oh, and one Swedish) cars and simply haven't noticed. I think you just get used to the differences between the cars. Bigger change for me was the top of the automatic shifter in the V3 was the button to toggle manual mode which I used from time-to-time and in the Blackwing it's the Parking brake which is scary...but so far I've managed to not push it while in motion!

My guess is this a second order effect of the automagical crowd wanting to pretend they're engaged in the process, leading to the addition of flappy paddles that require space behind the wheel that wouldn't be needed if they were just honest with themselves.

Yet another little reminder that Alfred Munro was responsible for the fall of western civilization.
It actually occurred to me that this might be because they had to make room for the paddles, but my Genesis has paddles too and its turn signals seem normal to me.

My older CTS-V is closer to the wheel (no finger stretching) so I noticed this too and causes me to keep checking that the high-beams aren't on by trying to pull it back. I find I have to use the signals more often in traffic with this car since there always seems to be somebody shadowing me (I'm assuming to get a better look).

I’ve never noticed the distance but have noticed that the turn signal engaged with a very light push and sometimes I think I’m blipping it to change lanes but actually engaged it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back