Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Random

Bump! Also, I felt like a grown up this morning driving to work. I was at a stoplight at 5:15 this morning with a Dodge and Camaro in front of me and when the light turned green both of them took off like a herd of turtles, and for a split second I thought go smoking them like a cheap cigar, but the grown up in me this morning said no, and I didn't want to spill my coffee... Have a great day!
Adults use no spill tops in their $70k+ cars... but hey you're learning....

K-Pop GIF

Bump! Also, I felt like a grown up this morning driving to work. I was at a stoplight at 5:15 this morning with a Dodge and Camaro in front of me and when the light turned green both of them took off like a herd of turtles, and for a split second I thought go smoke them like a cheap cigar, but the grown up in me this morning said no, and I didn't want to spill my coffee... Have a great day!
A couple weeks ago I was in a similar situation...I pulled up in the right lane at a light and saw a 911S and M6 comp already there in the left and center lanes.. I purposefully did not pull all the way up and did not hit the V button because I didn't want to be that guy... but then the light changed and they both lit it up, so I figured when in Rome...!
... after a quick chirp of the rears my 5 basically kept up just fine and when it came time to merge it actually was 911, me, and M6 in that order. I was satisfied and when it turned out that the Porsche and I soon pulled into the same neighborhood we gave respectful horn taps and thumbs up.

Just noticed this  button yesterday...
20221004_194247.jpg

... it turns the massage on/off!
I've been using/ fumbling with the toggle behind it these past few months to do that🤦‍♂️

Bump! Also, I felt like a grown up this morning driving to work. I was at a stoplight at 5:15 this morning with a Dodge and Camaro in front of me and when the light turned green both of them took off like a herd of turtles, and for a split second I thought go smoke them like a cheap cigar, but the grown up in me this morning said no, and I didn't want to spill my coffee... Have a great day!

I know that post was from a year ago, but sometimes we get lucky...

One morning a few years ago, driving into work on a six lane surface street, I'm in the right lane and two of my coworkers are in the middle and left lanes. We get lucky and are all first in line at a traffic light. Middle guy is in a WRX STi and the left is in a modified S4. I'm in my BMW 540i (old man car) with perhaps 360 HP. I don't know how to put it into launch mode (why would I?). The WRX guy either doesn't have launch mode or forgot to put it in gear, so we leave him behind.

James, the guy in the S4, is using launch mode because I can hear it spooling up. Light turns green, and we're off!

I smoke the (non participating) WRX and watch the taillights on the S4 disappear. Now, that car has like 160K miles on it, so it spewed out a nice blue cloud as he went up the road, but he never lifted and probably did 120 MPH before he had to slow to turn into work. I was just LOL'ing the whole way up.

Before the 540i I had a Chevy SS. Another co-worker of mine tried to race me one morning, but I didn't recognize her in her BF's Dodge Ram duelly diesel. All I know was that someone was acting like a dick, and I avoid those.

Later she went to lunch with James (the S4 guy) and told him how she kicked my butt on the way into work. He told me about the conversation later.

James: Yeah, no, I don't think so.
Girl: I did, I smoked him.
James: Um, was he driving the Chevy?
Girl: Yes.
James: Then he wasn't trying.
Girl: No, I kicked his butt. He was in the grey Malibu.
James: No, that's not a Malibu. Trust me, he wasn't trying.

We both had a good laugh about that later.

My last street race that I can remember was me in my 335i (their first twin turbo attempt) and a dude in his GTO (the Pontiac Holden) at a rolling start. We were neck and neck until he shifted; I had higher gearing so I got a lead on him then, and once we got over 90 MPH I let up because it's just not worth it.

Ever since I saw this video linked below, I stopped street racing strangers. You never know how good (or bad) they can drive. Morons who turn off their traction control but have no idea how to manage wheelspin.

Let's be careful out there.

Youtube video, work safe.

Skip up to 40 seconds when the "race" actually starts.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back