Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

QQ: what's latest status on magnesium wheels?!?

GM's supply chain issues turned into a win for them. They can charge for an upgraded wheel without it actually being Magnesium as originally promised.
I'd imagine that the Mg wheels would be substantially more that the bronze wheels.

If all this is true, then these aren't actually very light. 26.4kg = 58lbs. If the tire is 28lbs then that's a 30lb front wheel? Rather heavy. I recall the standard wheels are 29lbs front and bronze is a little heavier. So the mag ones might be a tiny bit lighter than the same bronze wheel design in aluminum, but not a big difference and no lighter than the standard polished or dark gray wheels.

Poor-sha has the standard aluminum tech bronze wheels on the scale. So 30lbs for tech bronze, 29lbs for standard and I guess based on the new photos about 18 or 19 pounds for the Mg wheels for the rear maybe as low as 17lbs for the front.

A car with both CCB and Mg wheels would save around 100 pounds of unsprung and rotational weight.

Also looks like the Mg wheels are made in China. Where are the other wheels made?

GM's supply chain issues turned into a win for them. They can charge for an upgraded wheel without it actually being Magnesium as originally promised.
That's not a win...more revenue per unit but much fewer units than originally planned.

Has anyone spec’d and received OEM magnesium wheels from the factory yet? Pics, info?

Has anyone spec’d and received OEM magnesium wheels from the factory yet? Pics, info?
If they ever became available, I think you would have heard about it here.

A friend of mine lucked into a preproduction set but, they’ve never been put into production and made available.

Attachments

• IMG_5205.png
    IMG_5205.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5206.png
    IMG_5206.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5207.png
    IMG_5207.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5208.png
    IMG_5208.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5210.png
    IMG_5210.png
    6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5211.png
    IMG_5211.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5212.jpeg
    IMG_5212.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5213.jpeg
    IMG_5213.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 61
I saw they’re listed with a checkbox on a 2024 dealer spec sheet. It was a Sewell screenshot iirc. Maybe that doesn’t mean anything.

I wonder if the BBS FIR are lighter than the magnesium wheels. They are 17lbs front and 18lbs rear for 19” fitment. According to tirerack they fit the blackwing. Not cheap but very nice wheels….

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back