Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

QQ: what's latest status on magnesium wheels?!?

That article may be true but I doubt caddy would advertise wheels they don't have

That article may be true but I doubt caddy would advertise wheels they don't have
Back in 2015 Cadillac was talking about a Carbon Ceramic Brake option on the 3rd generation CTSV and it didn’t make it into production , so you never know what might happen .

We're they? I only remember when the chief engineer was debuting the V3 and said the steel brakes have come a long way in fade prevention and that was why they didn't offer it.

A friend somehow lucked into a set. I’m trying to get him to weight them and to see if they have a part number.

Attachments

• IMG_5205.png
    IMG_5205.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5206.png
    IMG_5206.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5207.png
    IMG_5207.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5208.png
    IMG_5208.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Bet that's in Kg, because the front tire all by itself is 28lbs and the rear is 30lbs.
If all this is true, then these aren't actually very light. 26.4kg = 58lbs. If the tire is 28lbs then that's a 30lb front wheel? Rather heavy. I recall the standard wheels are 29lbs front and bronze is a little heavier. So the mag ones might be a tiny bit lighter than the same bronze wheel design in aluminum, but not a big difference and no lighter than the standard polished or dark gray wheels.

It looks like ~10lbs lighter for a rear as I believe this was without TPMS. Substantial enough to require a mag ride recalibration if put into production?

Attachments

• IMG_5212.jpeg
    IMG_5212.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5213.jpeg
    IMG_5213.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 60
GM's supply chain issues turned into a win for them. They can charge for an upgraded wheel without it actually being Magnesium as originally promised.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back