Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Purchasing a CT5-V Blackwing in FL

MAN2004

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
PLANNING TO BUY 2024 OR 2025 CT5-V
Hello everyone! I am planning to purchase a CT5V blackwing in the next year. After visiting dealerships, I’m seriously considering ordering a blackwing on cadillac.com rather than driving to various dealerships in south Florida, central Florida, in the west coast of Florida,. I also noticed that the 2025 CT5 base model will have significant exterior and interior changes. However, I do not believe the 2025 blackwing changes have been published to date. Any suggestions on purchase tips and things to avoid would be greatly appreciated!

The only suggestion I have is to not pay more than MSRP. Mine is a 2022. Ordering from Cadillac directly, as far as I know, was not an option when I got mine. Also, I don’t know how the dealer prep and other services offered by dealers would work if you order from Cadillac.

I am the guy whose 22 CT5 BW engine came apart and had to be replaced at 4500 miles. Being able to have the dealer come get the car, replace the engine (starter and battery) and provide a loaner car for the 10 day to took to replace the engine, was a comfort.

Don’t know how an online order would handle that.
My dealer is Sewell Cadillac of Dallas. Well known for excellent customer service.

Good luck.

The only suggestion I have is to not pay more than MSRP. Mine is a 2022. Ordering from Cadillac directly, as far as I know, was not an option when I got mine. Also, I don’t know how the dealer prep and other services offered by dealers would work if you order from Cadillac.

I am the guy whose 22 CT5 BW engine came apart and had to be replaced at 4500 miles. Being able to have the dealer come get the car, replace the engine (starter and battery) and provide a loaner car for the 10 day to took to replace the engine, was a comfort.

Don’t know how an online order would handle that.
My dealer is Sewell Cadillac of Dallas. Well known for excellent customer service.

Good luck.
Great information AACaptRet!

I planned to pick a dealer in my area (Palm Beach Gardens) to host the order and take delivery from the same dealership. One dealership on the West coast of FL near Tampa mentioned an up charge of $5000 to host the order. This would give me the advantage to order the Black Diamond Tricoat exterior color, automatic transmission, and pick the options that I want/need rater than looking at the few cars in stock (usually heavily optioned) in FL with the wrong color etc for my taste. Thank you again for your excellent information!
Michael

Sewell Dallas does not charge over MSRP. If your dealer does that and you are ok with it, that up to you. Personally, I would find another dealer. Uncharges are, to me, a rip off. But it’s your call and your money. The dealer in my town, 35 miles south of Dallas, was going to charge me $5000 over MSRP. I told them …. I won’t say what I told them, but it had to do with an insertion in a location that did not have solar illumination.

Sewell Dallas does not charge over MSRP. If your dealer does that and you are ok with it, that up to you. Personally, I would find another dealer. Uncharges are, to me, a rip off. But it’s your call and your money. The dealer in my town, 35 miles south of Dallas, was going to charge me $5000 over MSRP. I told them …. I won’t say what I told them, but it had to do with an insertion in a location that did not have solar illumination.
Again, that is excellent information. I believe there is a thread on this forum regarding “dealerships that do not charge over MSRP”. I noticed that one of the members said that AutoNation in West Palm Beach Florida does not charge over MSRP. So I will definitely check them out! Thank you Sir!
Michael.

Glad to be of service. That’s what this Blog is for.
You will love the BW. I did not buy it for the speed. I bought it for the acceleration. I drive the posted speed limit. But when entering the interstate, the acceleration will water your eyes. I got the 10 speed automatic transmission. I am 85. Too old to be messing with a clutch pedal. My Texas plate is 0260N4S. Zero to sixty in 4 seconds. I know the specs say 3.5 (more or less), but what’s a half second among friends.
1704848272013.jpeg

I’m curious as to what makes you think that you can place an order directly on Cadillac.com.

I wondered about that too. But I am old and not wise in these matters.

I’m curious as to what makes you think that you can place an order directly on Cadillac.com.
As I mentioned earlier, it is my understanding that you can “build and buy” on Cadillac.com. Once the build is complete, the site generates a price. It is my understanding that a dealership hosts the order and delivery is taken at that dealership. The site generates a vehicle price and destination charge. The dealership I visited in the Tampa area recommended visiting the Cadillac website and doing the build to choose the preferred options. They said that they would up charge $5000. Please let me know if this information is incorrect.

As I mentioned earlier, it is my understanding that you can “build and buy” on Cadillac.com. Once the build is complete, the site generates a price. It is my understanding that a dealership hosts the order and delivery is taken at that dealership. The site generates a vehicle price and destination charge. The dealership I visited in the Tampa area recommended visiting the Cadillac website and doing the build to choose the preferred options. They said that they would up charge $5000. Please let me know if this information is incorrect.
I believe they would let you know of any similar builds available. Unfortunately, Cadillac is not doing the Tesla model for purchasing. The dealership also gave you misinformation as they’re the one who receives allocation from Cadillac. No allocation equals no build.

The dealership I visited in the Tampa area recommended visiting the Cadillac website and doing the build to choose the preferred options. They said that they would up charge $5000. Please let me know if this information is incorrect.
Welcome to the rodeo. You can do a build on Cadillac.com then it generates an email link which you can forward to your salesperson at the dealership of your choosing. The dealer will input your preferences to generate a build and possibly inform you about constraints. But as mentioned without an allocation your order won’t be going anywhere. $5K ADM is ridiculous and please don’t be one of those people that succumbs to this BS. I ordered my car in early 2022 when there were very few to be had and didn’t have an ADM.

I see that even some Dodge dealers are beginning to sell the Demon 170 at MSRP. In the beginning, they found suckers with more money than brains, who paid upwards of 100k over MSRP ! My buddy traded his Z06 Vette , his HellCat and cash , just to get a 2018 Demon for about $130k. (Only 3300 made). They were supposed to be the pinnacle of Dodge. Then they came out with the Red Eyes and 170's. Now he believes he can maybe get 80k - 100k for his hardly driven Demon. Real Estate is an investment....not cars.
Just remember, these cars ARE NOT investment grade vehicles. You MIGHT get one at or slightly below MSRP, but once it rolls off the lot, it's depreciated at least 10% that first month. It will be many years before you see anyone with deep pockets paying big money for a very low mileage (or never driven BW). I initially was led to believe, by Cadillac, that these Blackwings (especially the 5's) were going to only be made for 2-3 years. It looks like the 4's will be put to bed and the 5's will go around again in 2025.

As noted, there is no such thing as ordering directly from Cadillac, it has to be a dealer. All they are doing is giving you a tool to play with colors, options, etc.

Aside from Sewell, there are other dealerships that will order you a car w/o a markup. Although I bought mine off the lot, Novi in MI will sell it to you for MSRP.

This is great information everyone. I might need keep looking at inventory in other areas since desirable vehicles get scooped up quickly in most large markets in FL. In my humble opinion, BW's are the best vehicles "available" for my needs and taste. I test drove C8's and they were not a good fit at all - literally. My legs and torso are way to long for late model Corvettes. And, I don't want any of the comparable European sedans. I only want pure American/Detroit Muscle! Thank you again and please keep me posted if you see any Black on Black (especially Black Diamond Tricoat) BW's available in FL.

Re Corvette. I agree. I had one. Difficult entry and exit. Noisy. CT5BW much better deal.

Expand your horizon and consider buying out of state. Much more selection, and just a few hundred more to ship, or fly in & drive home.

Cadillac.com inventory search is currently listing 12 Black 5BW's available within 750 miles of Orlando.

Back in 2008 I was buying a white Z71 Chevy Suburban. My local dealer had one for $45k and wouldn't budge on price. Nobody was buying big trucks due to the economy tanking and fuel prices being thru the roof. I found one truck in NJ (about 250 mile round trip from my home). I called the dealer and he told me it was the only one on the lot. $37k out the door. I told him that I was on my way to come buy it.....don't sell it. A few hours later, I get there and I see the truck on the lot and some people are inside of it and looking it over. I blew a gasket ! The salesman calmed me down when he said that they were just checking it out and that they wanted a black one for their limo business. 2 hours later I was driving it home. My home dealer wouldn't play ball and by driving to another state, I saved about 8k. The NJ salesman tried to sell me the discounted dealer service plan and I told him that once I left his lot, he will probably never see me at his dealership ever again. I was right. 16 years later, Chevy trucks are going for $75k+ easy.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back