Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA: Setting Expectations - Condition of your paint may disappoint you, but a paint correction/ceramic coat and a good detailer will fix your problem.

well I'll admit it took longer than it should have to catch but I was trying to avoid finding paint defects.... today I discovered I only have a V emblem on one side..... wtf Cadillac.
What the fuuuuuuuuuuh!!!

Can someone get me some of the drugs they are using in the body shop in Lansing?

This blows my mind. I want to know how the heck this happened on yours. I don’t know the entire painting process in the plant but I’m having a hard time imagining how that even happened. I’m pretty sure these parts are all painted by robots.
No way a robot could be that bad. I'm thinking a human repair was done to that car.

well I'll admit it took longer than it should have to catch but I was trying to avoid finding paint defects.... today I discovered I only have a V emblem on one side..... wtf Cadillac.
That's just crazy, what the heck is going on there.

2023 Acura TLX Type S PMC Edition adds NSX colors to the palette

No need to read the whole article but this part stands out:

“Similar to other Acura PMC cars of the past, this one is put through the same quality control checks as the NSX, including a dyno check, rough road simulation and paint inspection. They’re also given special coverings for transport to the dealer and delivered via fully enclosed single-car carriers. Yes, you should expect the paint to be utterly perfect upon first inspection.”

If Acura can do this on a $40k Integra, why can’t Cadillac do the same on their flagship sedan?

“Similar to other Acura PMC cars of the past, this one is put through the same quality control checks as the NSX, including a dyno check, rough road simulation and paint inspection. They’re also given special coverings for transport to the dealer and delivered via fully enclosed single-car carriers. Yes, you should expect the paint to be utterly perfect upon first inspection.”

If Acura can do this on a $40k Integra, why can’t Cadillac do the same on their flagship sedan?
No, that's a $60-65k car. Not that doesn't still make your point. But it's also going to be maybe 250-1000 units.

Just took a stab at the price since it wasn’t listed (and maybe subtracted $10k for emphasis 😉)
The regular car is $50-57k. The hand built version should be in the 60's.

Can we get it in a manual though lol the 2007 TL Type S needs a true successor

so my dealer got the missing V badge ordered, but its coming out of lansing and he said will take about a week to ship... do you think Rob can add me back into the tracker so I can watch it get delayed? I wonder if it'll come jack cooper or Accelerated services....

Besides a small dent in the roof rail above the rear left door, mine has a very strange paint abrasion / defect on the rear quarter panel. Near the character line, it's round, and then going up from there, it's almost perfectly vertical--hard to capture with a phone camera. The dealer alerted me about this upon delivery, but wasn't able to fix any of it. I'm sorry I haven't read through most of this thread, but would I have to open up a case with GM and hope they fix this somehow?

IMG_5339.jpeg

Besides a small dent in the roof rail above the rear left door, mine has a very strange paint abrasion / defect on the rear quarter panel. Near the character line, it's round, and then going up from there, it's almost perfectly vertical--hard to capture with a phone camera. The dealer alerted me about this upon delivery, but wasn't able to fix any of it. I'm sorry I haven't read through most of this thread, but would I have to open up a case with GM and hope they fix this somehow?

View attachment 10038
That upper part looks familiar :whistle:

Since your dealer documented it I believe they would need to contact GM on your behalf. @1StunnaV should be able to advise you on who to contact first

I thought this listing on BaT was relevant to this discussion. The owner of the CT4-V black wing doens’t state if the paint imperfections in the example came from the factory of from him, but they certainly look to be factory and inline with what you have all been discussing here. I didn’t read all the comments super carefully. Though, this is the first 4 to come up on BaT. They had a 5 a couple of weeks ago.

He tried to sell it with under 20 miles and it was a RSM auction. From the comments it seemed the paint issues on a 14 mile car was a discussion topic. I think that also this car isn’t the best spec (no carbon fiber packaged) and that held it back as well.

While reading this thread tonight I’m happy that the paint on my 4 was pretty good with only a couple of blemishes that my paint guy was able to mostly take care of. No one had mentioned how much Covid has messed nearly every part of the supply chain and manufacturing process up. JD power showed this week that nearly every manufacture is struggling right now to deliver cars and quality is down across the board, and I imagine to meet their orders all manufactures are becoming creative with ways to keep things moving. I’d lay this paint issue partially on the circumstances today and give GM a little break on this. No one is putting out vehicles as well as they were in 2019.

Also, i got my first oil change at Sewell this week, and they gave me a loaner crossover for a couple of days. The buttons were there for heated and seat cooling, but didn’t work as the chips were not included. A couple of other things didn’t work as well, crazy times.

I thought this listing on BaT was relevant to this discussion. The owner of the CT4-V black wing doens’t state if the paint imperfections in the example came from the factory of from him, but they certainly look to be factory and inline with what you have all been discussing here. I didn’t read all the comments super carefully. Though, this is the first 4 to come up on BaT. They had a 5 a couple of weeks ago.

He tried to sell it with under 20 miles and it was a RSM auction. From the comments it seemed the paint issues on a 14 mile car was a discussion topic. I think that also this car isn’t the best spec (no carbon fiber packaged) and that held it back as well.

While reading this thread tonight I’m happy that the paint on my 4 was pretty good with only a couple of blemishes that my paint guy was able to mostly take care of. No one had mentioned how much Covid has messed nearly every part of the supply chain and manufacturing process up. JD power showed this week that nearly every manufacture is struggling right now to deliver cars and quality is down across the board, and I imagine to meet their orders all manufactures are becoming creative with ways to keep things moving. I’d lay this paint issue partially on the circumstances today and give GM a little break on this. No one is putting out vehicles as well as they were in 2019.

Also, i got my first oil change at Sewell this week, and they gave me a loaner crossover for a couple of days. The buttons were there for heated and seat cooling, but didn’t work as the chips were not included. A couple of other things didn’t work as well, crazy times.
I'm surprised this one failed to meet reserve (whatever it was) while the lower-spec almost-stripper model that sold on cars and bids a few weeks back sold for at least a few thousand over sticker.

Correction: That one on cars and bids have like a 66k sticker and sold for 74k

I didn’t see the cars and bids one, but i would bring up the lower spec and the paint as reasons the one on BaT fell short.

Here is the link to the 5 that sold for about 20K over sticker. Might have been a wash for the seller if the dealer made him pay a premium.

While reading this thread tonight I’m happy that the paint on my 4 was pretty good with only a couple of blemishes that my paint guy was able to mostly take care of.
Pretty funny he linked this thread as his last reply after it didn't sell lol but something I noticed in the comments...

B027FB78-A1B4-482B-9376-D8043EA05D88.jpeg

Who in their right mind would sign this document on a car like this? Additionally who is the dealer to make this agreement? What am I supposed to do with it if I need to get rid of it..? Better believe we are signing an agreed sale figure if they expect me to a) sign some garbage like that and b) sell it to them if I need to unload it prior to 6 months

I'll report back how my dealer inspection Tuesday goes.

Everyone who has seen the unpainted hood edge and gap said its above and beyond.

I have had tons of GM products. I'm not hearing what's acceptable, I've accepted plenty. Visible primer from standing next to the car...no, not acceptable.View attachment 10010
So I decided to check mine for this too just because, and mine has this same issue. Mine is not nearly as bad as yours and I essentially have to open the hood to see it, but it’s very odd that it’s obviously a recurring thing during production.

I’ll see how your inspection goes and then see what I’ll do. Needless the say, the paint quality on these things leaves a lot to be desired.

So I decided to check mine for this too just because, and mine has this same issue. Mine is not nearly as bad as yours and I essentially have to open the hood to see it, but it’s very odd that it’s obviously a recurring thing during production.

I’ll see how your inspection goes and then see what I’ll do. Needless the say, the paint quality on these things leaves a lot to be desired.
I must inquire, good sir, is MajorHugemeat your superior officer?

Who in their right mind would sign this document on a car like this? Additionally who is the dealer to make this agreement? What am I supposed to do with it if I need to get rid of it..? Better believe we are signing an agreed sale figure if they expect me to a) sign some garbage like that and b) sell it to them if I need to unload it prior to 6 months
I’m not a lawyer, but I can’t see how this could be legally binding. I can’t think of any other product where this would be applied. It’s far different from a stock option that is owned by a company. A person with an outright title can do as they please. But, I can’t believe a dealer would even propose such a thing, it’s outrageous.

I’m not a lawyer, but I can’t see how this could be legally binding. I can’t think of any other product where this would be applied. It’s far different from a stock option that is owned by a company. A person with an outright title can do as they please. But, I can’t believe a dealer would even propose such a thing, it’s outrageous.
It's been used at the manufacturer level, I think the most notable case being John Cena and the Ford GT. But I can't see that working for a dealer, I agree. Completely different circumstances in my opinion

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back