Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA: Setting Expectations - Condition of your paint may disappoint you, but a paint correction/ceramic coat and a good detailer will fix your problem.

I must inquire, good sir, is MajorHugemeat your superior officer?
I thought that was Major Woody.

1656821631920.png

Besides a small dent in the roof rail above the rear left door, mine has a very strange paint abrasion / defect on the rear quarter panel. Near the character line, it's round, and then going up from there, it's almost perfectly vertical--hard to capture with a phone camera. The dealer alerted me about this upon delivery, but wasn't able to fix any of it. I'm sorry I haven't read through most of this thread, but would I have to open up a case with GM and hope they fix this somehow?

View attachment 10038
I have one on the lot right now with damage like this in the same area.... I think this happens during transport... possibly a chain dangling down

I’m not a lawyer, but I can’t see how this could be legally binding. I can’t think of any other product where this would be applied. It’s far different from a stock option that is owned by a company. A person with an outright title can do as they please. But, I can’t believe a dealer would even propose such a thing, it’s outrageous.
That's the point... There's no legal binding to anything. Nothing legal what so ever... Keep in mind there no legal binding anything to an order placed, regardless.

The only reason to sign the document is to.

A) Make sure your expectations were set properly prior to ordering. Signing does nothing other than ensure you read it. Half of the emails I send out, people reply asking questions that are answered literally in the email they are replying to. People prefer not sign things before reading them. This helps eliminate that problem.

B) Help try to persuade you to order another color.

Bottom line, until GM fixes the issue, I wont place an order for Black Raven unless I am sure you understand the current conditions. I'm, not going to sell a product that I expect could arrive "sub par" without making sure the customer is aware, in advance, that there's a big chance it will arrive that way... The car may arrive in perfect shape, the car may not. We will place the order, so long that you confirm you have been properly notified of the current conditions possible.... Its really that simple.

It has nothing to do with anything other then SETTING EXPECTATIONS.

Last edited:
That's the point... There's no legal binding to anything. Nothing legal what so ever... Keep in mind there no legal binding anything to an order placed, regardless.

The only reason to sign the document is to.

A) Make sure your expectations were set properly prior to ordering. Signing does nothing other than ensure you read it. Half of the emails I send out, people reply asking questions that are answered literally in the email they are replying to. People prefer not sign things before reading them. This helps eliminate that problem.

B) Help try to persuade you to order another color.

Bottom line, until GM fixes the issue, I wont place an order for Black Raven unless I am sure you understand the current conditions. I'm, not going to sell a product that I expect could arrive "sub par" without making sure the customer is aware, in advance, that there's a big chance it will arrive that way... The car may arrive in perfect shape, the car may not. We will place the order, so long that you confirm you have been properly notified of the current conditions possible.... Its really that simple.

It has nothing to do with anything other then SETTING EXPECTATIONS.
I think he was replying to me about the guy who says his dealer made him sign a "no flip" agreement .. go to bed man lol I promise you'll have plenty of goats ready for new homes in the morning :boogie :beer

I think he was replying to me about the guy who says his dealer made him sign a "no flip" agreement .. go to bed man lol I promise you'll have plenty of goats ready for new homes in the morning :boogie :beer
Ahhh. Yeah. You’re right. :)

Wondering if this issue of poor paint quality is occurring on the regular CT 5? Haven’t heard anybody speak of this maybe 1StunnaV could answer that.

I have one on the lot right now with damage like this in the same area.... I think this happens during transport... possibly a chain dangling down

Oh man. What do you recommend I do with GM / the dealer for them to fix this?

Besides a small dent in the roof rail above the rear left door, mine has a very strange paint abrasion / defect on the rear quarter panel. Near the character line, it's round, and then going up from there, it's almost perfectly vertical--hard to capture with a phone camera. The dealer alerted me about this upon delivery, but wasn't able to fix any of it. I'm sorry I haven't read through most of this thread, but would I have to open up a case with GM and hope they fix this somehow?

View attachment 10038
Absolutely inquire through dealer for GM to repair it open case file

Oh man. What do you recommend I do with GM / the dealer for them to fix this?
I just sent a pic to the the customer and said we would take care of it…. it’s a black car, we sent it directly to get stealth wrap while it still had the vinyl from shipping on it so we didn’t even notice it at first. .

Xpel rep sent me a photo of air pockets in the stealth wrap because of them. So now we have to fix it and then redo the stealth wrap.

Really new to the Cadillacs, but how can a PDI be done with the shipping wrapping still on? Given all the paint issues I would want it removed before I got there to look at the car. Something I don’t need to worry about because the 5BW I bought (in transit) was an event/show car. In all likelihood it’s also been washed several times. Doesn’t really concern me because I plan to have it detailed as much as necessary. It was built 5/3 so at least it wasn’t sitting outside for very long. But obviously any scratches, dents, or dings I expect to be handled under warranty.

Really new to the Cadillacs, but how can a PDI be done with the shipping wrapping still on? Given all the paint issues I would want it removed before I got there to look at the car. Something I don’t need to worry about because the 5BW I bought (in transit) was an event/show car. In all likelihood it’s also been washed several times. Doesn’t really concern me because I plan to have it detailed as much as necessary. It was built 5/3 so at least it wasn’t sitting outside for very long. But obviously any scratches, dents, or dings I expect to be handled under warranty.
I think most dealers will allow buyers to keep it on, however, if you close the deal and drive off, they can't factory warranty anything cosmetic issues that the film was hiding. At least on something like the rocker panels, if there is an issue, they need to see it so they can report it has having arrived to them with a problem. Something like Viggen's unpainted hood edges, that should not matter as clearly it was a factory flaw.

But, why ask the dealer to leave it on? I can only think of two reasons: 1) don’t want dealer to wash the car, and 2) plan on getting PPF and driving straight to the detailer in the hopes of avoiding rock chips. The thing about not washing it is, if it’s really dirty, there is a good chance people will brush up against it and cause more scratches than if it was properly washed in the first place.

I told the dealer I’m OK with them washing it, just take it easy. I’ll be out of town on business when it arrives and they said they would put it inside the showroom.

I think most dealers will allow buyers to keep it on, however, if you close the deal and drive off, they can't factory warranty anything cosmetic issues that the film was hiding. At least on something like the rocker panels, if there is an issue, they need to see it so they can report it has having arrived to them with a problem. Something like Viggen's unpainted hood edges, that should not matter as clearly it was a factory flaw.
I will literally laugh in thier face if they try and claim my PPF/paint correction is why my hood edge is unpainted.

I just sent a pic to the the customer and said we would take care of it…. it’s a black car, we sent it directly to get stealth wrap while it still had the vinyl from shipping on it so we didn’t even notice it at first. .

Xpel rep sent me a photo of air pockets in the stealth wrap because of them. So now we have to fix it and then redo the stealth wrap.

How did you fix this damage exactly?

I will literally laugh in thier face if they try and claim my PPF/paint correction is why my hood edge is unpainted.
Your case hopefully is not the norm. Scratches and dings seem more common. Drive off with that without a dealer and owner inspection and good luck.

I believe the person was referring to the film the factory applied to protect the car during transit.
No, it's something dealers love doing. It was inferred already that any imperfection I found was caused by my detailer being too aggressive during paint correction. I shut that down immediately and this was before the unpainted edge was found.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back