Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

So what does this mean?

Attachments

• 87450684-C8EF-48F8-8D98-72E60BCA77D3.png
    87450684-C8EF-48F8-8D98-72E60BCA77D3.png
    440 KB · Views: 173
So what does this mean?
Mine stayed at that status for weeks until it finally moved to the rail yard where it continues to sit. I am doing my best to not look at the JC site or Rob's updates at this point. The more I look the more I get frustrated with the whole process. I'm sure I'll forget everything once I hear the cold start though.

Mine stayed at that status for weeks until it finally moved to the rail yard where it continues to sit. I am doing my best to not look at the JC site or Rob's updates at this point. The more I look the more I get frustrated with the whole process. I'm sure I'll forget everything once I hear the cold start though.
Excuse my ignorance, but is it sitting because they are having trouble finding transport for the vehicles or is it another reason?

I just received an e-mail from my dealer. The car is still sitting at the plant, been at 3800 since 1/13. He thinks it is due, at least in part, to a driver's shortage for vehicle transportation. Who knows?

I've been at a similar status for weeks. Bayed, ASN and "picked". I don't think mine has made it to the Autoport lot yet. Hopefully not stolen out of the hold lot this week.

I just received an e-mail from my dealer. The car is still sitting at the plant, been at 3800 since 1/13. He thinks it is due, at least in part, to a driver's shortage for vehicle transportation. Who knows?

I've been at a similar status for weeks. Bayed, ASN and "picked". I don't think mine has made it to the Autoport lot yet. Hopefully not stolen out of the hold lot this week.
That sucks that you're coming up on 2 months of your car just sitting there.

Mine went back to 4D00 yesterday from 4B00..

And for a brief time, JCT showed paired with destination as NS rail yard, Melvindale.

This morning, JCT shows delivered Auto Port Delta as if yesterdays update was just a dream.

Checking this site is not good for my sanity. But the alternative is news of WW3. =/

Mine went back to 4D00 yesterday from 4B00..

And for a brief time, JCT showed paired with destination as NS rail yard, Melvindale.

This morning, JCT shows delivered Auto Port Delta as if yesterdays update was just a dream.

Checking this site is not good for my sanity. But the alternative is news of WW3. =/
I gotta say I am both looking forward to being in your guy's shoe, and not looking forward to it. When I ordered my GT350 back when it first came out, it took about 4 months to arrive at my doorstep. At least during that long wait, the car was moving along through all the processes. My sanity would also wane if everyday I checked, the car was just sitting still in the holding lot, blind as a bat to when it would move.

Along the lines of there is no such thing as a dumb question--what exactly is the Lansing Autoport and what is its significance in the shipping process? JCT delivered my car to the Autoport a couple of weeks ago.

Along the lines of there is no such thing as a dumb question--what exactly is the Lansing Autoport and what is its significance in the shipping process? JCT delivered my car to the Autoport a couple of weeks ago.
Its a rail yard near the Lansing plant where many cars are parked for months waiting on a ride out of town.

Its a rail yard near the Lansing plant where many cars are parked for months waiting on a ride out of town.
Thanks, EWS. The backlog now seems worse than ever (some have had produced cars since November). They were able to clear the previous backlogs in September and December (Mirza posted on those previous efforts), but it sure does not look like the case right now according to the tracker. It's personally better for me if my car comes in later in March or even April or May, but I can't imagine those waiting since production in November?? At least all the cars are safely stored in a climate-controlled environment...

I wish they would come up with a temporary system. Send the cars to the local dealership near the factory. Have that dealership go through the checks a dealer would normally go through before selling to the customer. Knock off at least the destination charge if not more, to help the customer facilitate their own method of transporting the car out of there.

These are wild and trying times, time to try wild things. I don't think it'd be that difficult and I don't see the transportation problem easing anytime soon. Wouldnt it be cost effective instead of hundreds of cars out in the elements, vulnerable to being stolen/sabotaged, frustrated customers and dealerships. How much is it costing them in dead batteries, and fixing other problems arising from cars just sitting for months? Just talking out my ass here wishing for the moon and I don't even have an order confirmed yet 😂

These are crazy times!

As a supplier to GM I can tell you they have no problem at all kicking me right in the teeth if they get even a hint of a possibility of a maybe, might happen event two years from now that disrupts GM ability to produce vehicles. As they should! But complete radio silence when they cannot supply to their customer? I just does not seem that the sense of urgency is flowing all the way uphill. Crazy.

Just my opinion.

I just called the Lansing Police Department and left a message with the Detective Unit hoping to get more info on the stolen cars.. Will share any updates.
Detective Ericwilliamstevenson did you hear back from the PO PO?

Detective Ericwilliamstevenson did you hear back from the PO PO?

I have not.

Though interestingly enough did get a call from the Police-person's Ball Association in solicitation of a donation. I probably should have thrown a few bucks their way if for nothing other than karma. =/

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back