Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

Anyone know anything about Midwest City, Sooner Yard? When I input my VIN into the Jack Cooper Transport link, it comes back with the car being bayed with an origin of Midwest City, Sooner Yard. I did a search in Duck Duck Go and came up with nothing on that. Rob's update lists my car as Delayed. Geez, I'm only about 275 miles from the plant. I could have picked it up and had it a couple of weeks by now.
Maybe here? Google Maps

That does not sound bad at all......Saadallah has already told his crew to leave all the protective tape and stuff on mine because it's going to detailer first...
Question…. Im picking up my car from a dealer a couple hundred miles away from my house. Plan is to pu car and put on trailer , drive right to my detail shop. You mentioned sewell will leave protective covering on car. What parts of the car is protected? Do u have to sign off on the car as is , in case you get to where u are taking it, peel it off and there is damage?

Question…. Im picking up my car from a dealer a couple hundred miles away from my house. Plan is to pu car and put on trailer , drive right to my detail shop. You mentioned sewell will leave protective covering on car. What parts of the car is protected? Do u have to sign off on the car as is , in case you get to where u are taking it, peel it off and there is damage?
If they’re in fact delivered by covered carrier, there should be little to no protection. In order for my dealer not to wash my car, I had to agree that I’d state in the survey, that we’ll all probably receive, that it was delivered to me clean.

If they’re in fact delivered by covered carrier, there should be little to no protection. In order for my dealer not to wash my car, I had to agree that I’d state in the survey, that we’ll all probably receive, that it was delivered to me clean.
Can someone here chime in (mirza?) if in fact for sure there is no protective covering on the cars from the factory? All i can secure at this point os an open trailer a buddy is lending to me…. Best way to protect it on the trip back?

I've talked to the GM about this and he said they would check the car real well as much as they can to insure no transportation damage and would leave as much protection on it as possible.. He is a car guy as well and understand my sickness of keeping my car nice..I was told they had a meeting today about my car and how they were going to handle it, lol..With all that said, I really believe that if something was wrong they would make it right.. When I say Sewell is a great dealership it's because I've been doing business with them for 24 years and I've always been treated right...They really go above and beyond! Oh, I don't know how much "protection" the car will come with, but when it gets here I will take pics.

I've talked to the GM about this and he said they would check the car real well as much as they can to insure no transportation damage and would leave as much protection on it as possible.. He is a car guy as well and understand my sickness of keeping my car nice..I was told they had a meeting today about my car and how they were going to handle it, lol..With all that said, I really believe that if something was wrong they would make it right.. When I say Sewell is a great dealership it's because I've been doing business with them for 24 years and I've always been treated right...They really go above and beyond! Oh, I don't know how much "protection" the car will come with, but when it gets here I will take pics.
That would be awesome,
Pics please!!!!!

Can someone here chime in (mirza?) if in fact for sure there is no protective covering on the cars from the factory? All i can secure at this point os an open trailer a buddy is lending to me…. Best way to protect it on the trip back?
To be clear, I’m not just guessing or, talking out of my ass. This is from personal experience from having my ZL1 1LE delivered by covered carrier. Pics and vids on my Instagram.

Last edited:
I'd be glad to be wrong, but the truck I looked up had what, 9 cars on it? Seems like too many for a covered carrier? And wouldn't a covered carrier be a flat deck, so no parts would need to be added later? I guess we'll find out awfully soon either way!

I don't think G.M. has used covered carriers since the Cadillac XLRs and C6 ZR1s , I know my C7 ZR1 was not in a covered carrier or any of the ZL1 1LE cars I have ordered .

It looks like G.M. has issued a recall affecting our new toys for improper roof airbag installation , so hope fully our cars will be inspected and repaired before shipped , if not even if your car shows up @ the selling dealer there will be a stop sell mandate until it's checked and I know for sure I would rather have the factory workers check my car than some one @ the dealership service dept. , the headliner may have to be pulled to check for proper install .

It looks like G.M. has issued a recall affecting our new toys for improper roof airbag installation , so hope fully our cars will be inspected and repaired before shipped , if not even if your car shows up @ the selling dealer there will be a stop sell mandate until it's checked and I know for sure I would rather have the factory workers check my car than some one @ the dealership service dept. , the headliner may have to be pulled to check for proper install .
Where did you get that?

I do not think this effects our cars. I read the article an put my VIN into the GM recall search

say “Currently no recalls for your 2022 CT4”

I don't think G.M. has used covered carriers since the Cadillac XLRs and C6 ZR1s , I know my C7 ZR1 was not in a covered carrier or any of the ZL1 1LE cars I have ordered .
My early (July 2017) ZL1 1LE was delivered via covered carrier. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I do not think this effects our cars. I read the article an put my VIN into the GM recall search

say “Currently no recalls for your 2022 CT4”
they may have already check them at the plant , it could be why some cars were shipped to the railyard then back to the factory then back to the railyard , I know my car has been back and forth from the factory and railyard

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back