Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Possibly selling

Funny enough, I do feel a slight twinge of guilt at the horrible mpg the 5BW gets, so much so that I looked up how much it would cost to buy carbon offsets for it... turned out to be only like $100 for a year of driving so I may end up doing that to cleanse my conscience, haha.
Seriously, we can buy individual carbon offsets? From whom? Never heard of such a thing at an individual level. How does one get an 'inventory' of carbon offsets to sell? BTW, the whole frenzy about CO2 reminds me of similar 'climate emergencies' over the last 30+ years. None of those dire predictions came to pass and lo and behold, we're still here today :boogie

As a person who was born and raised in New England, nothing.

The ironic thing is, New Englanders typically know this. Just about any car is fine with the right tires.

My question is, did the OP just realize that winter is coming and it snows where he/she lives?
Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones
You know nothing, Throagurt

Seriously, we can buy individual carbon offsets? From whom? Never heard of such a thing at an individual level. How does one get an 'inventory' of carbon offsets to sell? BTW, the whole frenzy about CO2 reminds me of similar 'climate emergencies' over the last 30+ years. None of those dire predictions came to pass and lo and behold, we're still here today :boogie
I'm as middle of the road as they get politically but this sort of logic cracks me up. Since I have no f-in idea whether climate change is legit or not, let's instead think about this like a trader does (which is what I am), in risk reward terms.

The risk that climate change is not real and we've all followed it - Economic loss, misalignment of resources, lower standard of living

The risk that climate change is real and we haven't followed it - Earth can no longer support life of any kind

Do we need political leanings to be able see risk/reward outcomes for what they are?

That all said, I'm still going buy my BW5 and enjoy it while it's still legal to do so.

Do we need political leanings to be able see risk/reward outcomes for what they are?

You can't logic people out of opinions that they did not logic themselves into in the first place.

I'm as middle of the road as they get politically but this sort of logic cracks me up. Since I have no f-in idea whether climate change is legit or not, let's instead think about this like a trader does (which is what I am), in risk reward terms.

The risk that climate change is not real and we've all followed it - Economic loss, misalignment of resources, lower standard of living

The risk that climate change is real and we haven't followed it - Earth can no longer support life of any kind

That all said, I'm still going buy my BW5 and enjoy it while it's still legal to do so.
Please forgive me as I don't understand what your trying to say but here is my take....

Ok, what if the good old USA went 100% green tomorrow, and the rest of the world didn't, would the planet still be ok, or are we still toast???? The rest of the world could care less and are laughing at us, heck, most of the world is laughing at us now because of the way things are being run..... I really think Jesus is coming back before the climate kills us........ Good for you driving a poor gas mileage car like the rest of us!

While 'transportation' (including planes, trains and trucks) makes up the largest share of emissions, infrequently driven enthusiast vehicles like ours must make up such a minimal fraction of emissions as to be basically nothing? Few of us are using these as daily drivers.

Attachments

• 1663963853982.png
    1663963853982.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Please forgive me as I don't understand what your trying to say but here is my take....

Ok, what if the good old USA went 100% green tomorrow, and the rest of the world didn't, would the planet still be ok, or are we still toast???? The rest of the world could care less and are laughing at us, heck, most of the world is laughing at us now because of the way things are being run..... I really think Jesus is coming back before the climate kills us........ Good for you driving a poor gas mileage car like the rest of us!
Have you seen the member list for the Paris Accord or do you think that is just a Honda located in France?

A link is included below:

UNTC

The perfect distillation of:
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" - Jonathan Swift

Have you seen the member list for the Paris Accord or do you think that is just a Honda located in France?

A link is included below:

UNTC
Sir you don't have to make me look dumb and yes I know its a Honda in France..
The perfect distillation of:
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" - Jonathan Swift
So, are you insulting me too? I don't believe in what y'all believe in and that is what make America great...

The thing I wonder about is why all the tree hugging climate alarmist are purchasing Blackwings because it goes against all you stand for.....

While 'transportation' (including planes, trains and trucks) makes up the largest share of emissions, infrequently driven enthusiast vehicles like ours must make up such a minimal fraction of emissions as to be basically nothing? Few of us are using these as daily drivers.
Buy an electric car so we can take some of the transportation slice and move it to the electric power slice.

Sir you don't have to make me look dumb and yes I know its a Honda in France..

So, are you insulting me too? I don't believe in what y'all believe in and that is what make America great...

The thing I wonder about is why all the tree hugging climate alarmist are purchasing Blackwings because it goes against all you stand for.....
Wasn't insulting - just applying Swift's saying where it fits.
Kinda of like here ;) as I don't see the rationale, much as I don't see any previous 'tree hugging climate alarmist' (whatever that seeming pejorative is supposed to mean) comments here, in this thread about a single person possibly selling their single 5BW; but when was staying OT a thing.

I'm so confused. What the hell thread am I reading?? I thought it was about a guy selling his car? I'm reading about God, politics, Paris Accord (thought it was Honda Accord) and climate change. Did I switch to the news?? C'mon, time to focus.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back