Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Possibly selling

You tell him right after you post a photo of yourself driving on the Nurburgring. In the rain. ;) If you read the entire sentence it is correct.
Ah, I see. I did take what he said out of context. My bad.

I've actually been on The Ring. Turned down an opportunity to do a lap. The track was just too nuts. There was no way I could do it justice. I would have been driving it simply to say I drove it.

I did get a lap around The Ring as a passenger in a car driven by a guy who had an overall win at the 24 Hours Nurburgring. That was one of my greatest automotive experiences.

Hello Blackwing518,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the CT5-V BW. The car is a "beast" horse power wise, but it can be tamed. When cornering you have anti-lock brakes when braking and a stability control system as you turn the wheel that will apply brakes as you corner to limit slipping. Then you have a throttle management system and electronic limited slip differrential to limit power-on oversteer - your ass swinging out. There are lots of settings to play with. You should tweak the settings to daily street driving and only use the Performace Track Management (PTM) settings at the track to your skill level. If I drove a CT5-V BW on a wet road/track in Race 2 mode I would definitely spin or run off the road/track.

In Sept I drove the Nurburgring in a BMW M4 on a wet track with moderate rain and the course has slick! The ass end was sliding out day long unless you were gentle with the throttle.

View attachment 13443

I had some anti-lock engagement as well when braking on some straights heading into a corner. These are performance cars, they do not handle like a Toyota Camry! Note the distance to the car in front of me, I wanted to respect the track conditions and my driving ability. Also note the two new panels on the right of the track were previous drivers had crashed.

Also remember that these cars come with SUMMER ONLY tires, just like most other performance cars. I live in PA and I have parked my Chevy SS, BMW M2, and will do the same with the CT4-V BW; from late October until mid-April.

Best of luck on your car hunt, hopefully you will find the right car that meets your needs and driving style.

You got brass balls bro.

Ah, I see. I did take what he said out of context. My bad.

I've actually been on The Ring. Turned down an opportunity to do a lap. The track was just too nuts. There was no way I could do it justice. I would have been driving it simply to say I drove it.

I did get a lap around The Ring as a passenger in a car driven by a guy who had an overall win at the 24 Hours Nurburgring. That was one of my greatest automotive experiences.
I am getting off-topic here, but the Nurburgring is quite an experience.

I highly recommend anyone that has track driving experience to go. I participated in a structured BMW track session event. I think that several organizations run similar programs. There were 6 student groups each in their own track section - instructor car and 4 student cars. You would work a section for about an hour and then move to the next session. This meant you actually got to drive the sections in reverse and then re-do the section multiple times. In the afternoon you ran 3-4 laps of the full course - 40 minutes of white-knuckle driving. There was no passing other than student rotations to follow the instructor's car. I was always falling behind in pace anyway, but i least I did not need to worry about the car behind me trying to pass.

Public sessions are crazy, just check out a few Youtube videos. There are plenty of accidents, just look at all of the shiny new metal barriers.

Can we ship 30+ CT4/5-V to Germany and have a V-CLUB event?

Getting back on topic, my point back to the original post is that all performance cars need to be driven within the drivers' capability, road/track conditions, and the car's capability. This is no different for the CT4/5-V BW. Cadillac's, just like all modern performance cars, have numerous safety systems to help manage road/track conditions and the driver's input to steering/throttle/brakes. But these systems are not magic and if you turn them off to gain "performance", you do so at your own peril.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back