Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Possibly selling

Will probably list my 5BW at the end of the month.
Living in New England, I refuse to drive "specialty" cars like this.
That makes no sense whatsoever, but do what you gotta do, I guess.

Kevin Hart Whatever GIF

I've never been to New England but what's so bad about driving a Blackwing there? Asking for another person on the forum..

I've never been to New England but what's so bad about driving a Blackwing there? Asking for another person on the forum..
As a person who was born and raised in New England, nothing.

The ironic thing is, New Englanders typically know this. Just about any car is fine with the right tires.

My question is, did the OP just realize that winter is coming and it snows where he/she lives?
Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

The ironic thing is, New Englanders typically know this. Just about any car is fine with the right tires.

My question is, did the OP just realize that winter is coming and it snows where he/she lives?
ohhhhhhhh, I understand now.... I thought it was a blue state liberal thing.......

I'm from the Northeast (update NY) and lived in Boston for 14 years as well. IF you can find snow tires for this car, then you're probably fine. It's a big IF and if it's your only car I could understand the concern. My bigger concern would be if it was my only car, I would be exposing it to salt in the winter.

Last edited:
Before I got my 5BW I planned on driving it in the winter up here in NY-CT-NJ land. After delivery and about 2,000 miles so far I have reassessed. No way I will drive this thing in the winter. Way too much power. Hard to keep from going sideways when it is dry let alone wet. Not going to even attempt snow even with winter rubber. I have driven 911s with winter rubber in the winter up here and they were fine. The blackwing is a totally different animal.

Before I got my 5BW I planned on driving it in the winter up here in NY-CT-NJ land. After delivery and about 2,000 miles so far I have reassessed. No way I will drive this thing in the winter. Way too much power. Hard to keep from going sideways when it is dry let alone wet. Not going to even attempt snow even with winter rubber. I have driven 911s with winter rubber in the winter up here and they were fine. The blackwing is a totally different animal.

The 5BW with the factory Michelin PS4S are actually very good on the street in the wet, not sure about the cold stuff. Much better than what comes with the Camaro ZL1. The Goodyear Supercar F1s are scary in the wet, forget the ice/snow. If you really want a white knuckle ride, try the Camaro ZL1-1LE, it comes with Goodyear Supercar 3R tires with 100 tread wear. :)

I'm in CA and feel fine with my neighbors offsetting my carbon footprint
Funny enough, I do feel a slight twinge of guilt at the horrible mpg the 5BW gets, so much so that I looked up how much it would cost to buy carbon offsets for it... turned out to be only like $100 for a year of driving so I may end up doing that to cleanse my conscience, haha.

The other reason I have reassessed driving in winter is that the 5BW is a lot better and more special than I was expecting. Too nice to subject to the amount of salt and sand in the winters up here. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Funny enough, I do feel a slight twinge of guilt at the horrible mpg the 5BW gets, so much so that I looked up how much it would cost to buy carbon offsets for it... turned out to be only like $100 for a year of driving so I may end up doing that to cleanse my conscience, haha.
haha, don't forget you already paid for the gas guzzler tax. $1,700 on manual and $2,100 on auto.

The other reason I have reassessed driving in winter is that the 5BW is a lot better and more special than I was expecting. Too nice to subject to the amount of salt and sand in the winters up here. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Im glad you get it.

Im glad you get it.

That is one good thing about the southern climates. In fact, winter is the most enjoyable time of the year to drive. lower temperatures, lower humidity, less rain. It is great.

The 5BW with the factory Michelin PS4S are actually very good on the street in the wet, not sure about the cold stuff. Much better than what comes with the Camaro ZL1. The Goodyear Supercar F1s are scary in the wet, forget the ice/snow. If you really want a white knuckle ride, try the Camaro ZL1-1LE, it comes with Goodyear Supercar 3R tires with 100 tread wear. :)

PS4s are great in dry and wet and also do decently when cold but not freezing. The PS4s are completely and utterly useless if there is even a dusting of snow don’t ask me how I know I’m still mildly traumatized from an experience with another car I have with ps4s.

The cup2s are horrible in wet and cold below 50ish degrees.

OP didn't even mention winter just about him not wanting to drive the "specialty" car that he purchased. 🤷‍♂️

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back