Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Planned Modifications

BenBaad

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Anyone already have plans for mods? I know a large amount plane to do PPF/Ceramic and wheels.
Anyone got plans for a big dick cam? 🤔

The benefits of an aftermarket cam in an LT4 are twofold. Besides the obvious, an aftermarket cam also changes the fuel lobe for a needed increase in fuel.

Anyone already have plans for mods? I know a large amount plane to do PPF/Ceramic and wheels.
Anyone got plans for a big dick cam? 🤔
Taking my time on this one. Every time I get something I tune it within the first couple months. I am gonna try to wait at least a year this time :D and see my feeling towards it. Although I personally would love an ATS-V Style Hood.
review_337004_1.jpg

Taking my time on this one. Every time I get something I tune it within the first couple months. I am gonna try to wait at least a year this time :D and see my feeling towards it. Although I personally would love an ATS-V Style Hood.View attachment 3651
I have a feeling a more aggressive after market hood will be made fairly quickly

First steps will be cosmetic and catch-can.

Then depending on when the ECU can be tuned and availability of aftermarket parts I will be doing a cam together with upgrading most of the top end, headers, pulleys and intake.

I have yet to own a car that I haven't changed the wheels on, so that'll probably happen at some point. For now, going to rock stock and explore what the engineers at Cadillac have created. At least until the warranty runs out!

I have yet to own a car that I haven't changed the wheels on, so that'll probably happen at some point. For now, going to rock stock and explore what the engineers at Cadillac have created. At least until the warranty runs out!
I ended up going with the Tech Bronze. Would have most likely done something similar in color/style anyway, and for $1400, can’t really beat that.

I'm a fan of warranties. I'm also a fan of expiring warranties because from that moment on, mods are ON!!!

First steps will be cosmetic and catch-can.

Then depending on when the ECU can be tuned and availability of aftermarket parts I will be doing a cam together with upgrading most of the top end, headers, pulleys and intake.
Catch can what?!?! Not needed. You will be set, the LT4 has a vent system and a can that collects/separates and drops the oil right back in the oil pan.

Probably will not do anything the first year. Just some cosmetic stuff like tint, and some paint protection. I am curious to see when the tuners will be able to tune these cars.

Catch can what?!?! Not needed. You will be set, the LT4 has a vent system and a can that collects/separates and drops the oil right back in the oil pan.
Ahh sweet. I have a lot to learn coming from LS3 and LSA. Thanks kind sir. I will be doing lots of research before any changes. But mainly loving it as it comes for some time.

if I ever get mine....

full dynomatte PPF with Carbon roof, removing all emblems, full stereo system (3 8" JL W3's, Audiofrog 3 ways up front, audio frog 2 ways in the rear, JL 1000/1 and 2 600/6 vxi amps) HRE SC101 wheels, 2.30 upper pulley, maybe a stage I BTR PDS cam, DSX low side fuel system, E85, and the part most will disagree with......Air Ride suspension

It's going to primarily be a show car.

I'm going to talk to DSC Sport about their suspension controller. I know the owner and he's been incredibly helpful on all things suspension.

if I ever get mine....

full dynomatte PPF with Carbon roof, removing all emblems, full stereo system (3 8" JL W3's, Audiofrog 3 ways up front, audio frog 2 ways in the rear, JL 1000/1 and 2 600/6 vxi amps) HRE SC101 wheels, 2.30 upper pulley, maybe a stage I BTR PDS cam, DSX low side fuel system, E85, and the part most will disagree with......Air Ride suspension

It's going to primarily be a show car.
Gotta assume you will be one of one with air ride. The mag ride in my SS has been great up till the shocks went bad. It felt like a truck on 6" blocks when they're junk. I'd consider coilovers personally for not only the adjustability but the performance. I've always been lower than stock for every car I've owned.

The mag ride in my SS has been great up till the shocks went bad. It felt like a truck on 6" blocks when they're junk.
Just replaced all 4 of mine on the SS last week after 46k miles. 2 of them have been bad for 10k. I sure hope they last longer on the Blackwing. $2400 for 4 was brutal and still half of what the dealership wanted.

Are there CARB approved mods yet? What does the regulation/law that went into effect yesterday do to any mods?
Gotta love kaliforonia.

Are there CARB approved mods yet? What does the regulation/law that went into effect yesterday do to any mods?
Gotta love kaliforonia.
I hate this state's laws so much. Basically you can't have an aftermarket tube on your car or else you won't pass smog. The way around it is you'll just need to put the stock tune in when you get smog checked

PPF, brake pads and fluid, then send it on track until I need tires. Then probably lots and lots of tires. I'll get new wheels if 18s will fit, otherwise stay with stock and risk my life with R888Rs full time.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back