Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pics of your Blackwing in regular parking spots

That "rice rocket" is all kraut under the skin lol.

Blasphemous car in my opinion, but it there's, it's competition, and any competition is good competition.

Imagine GM having Ford build the Mustang, re-body it and then call it a Camaro.

Blasphemous car in my opinion, but it there's, it's competition, and any competition is good competition.

Imagine GM having Ford build the Mustang, re-body it and then call it a Camaro.
I have a REAL BMW 2 seater. If I wanted another BMW, I wouldn't buy one with a skin of another car on it lol. I had a Nissan 300zx, so if I was in the market, the new Z with 400hp twin turbo and 6mt is it for me.

Attachments

• 108161578_10158535289662766_8669201165965789813_n.jpg
    108161578_10158535289662766_8669201165965789813_n.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 89
I'm half tempted to say it's kraut on the outside too. Toyota could have easily named it the new Z3 and gotten away with it.
Well, I find the hood is oddly clamshell in shape like my Z3M more than BMWs version of the Supra.

But overall, its related the Toyota Concept Car from YEARS ago, the FT-1, before there was a BMW development deal.
toyota-ft-1-concept-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-564247-s-original.jpg

Well, I find the hood is oddly clamshell in shape like my Z3M more than BMWs version of the Supra.

But overall, its related the Toyota Concept Car from YEARS ago, the FT-1, before there was a BMW development deal.
toyota-ft-1-concept-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-564247-s-original.jpg
That concept was sick. The one that they built, the front end looks like an abomination. And all those fake vents, disgusting.

That concept was sick. The one that they built, the front end looks like an abomination. And all those fake vents, disgusting.
Its just the reality of taking the concept but having to use the established "hard points" dictated by the BMW shared unibody. I will say though, the Supra looks much better IRL and moving than in photos.

It's got a great engine. That b58 engine is so good that BMW are putting it in everything. Supposedly a manual Supra is coming this year, too.

It's got a great engine. That b58 engine is so good that BMW are putting it in everything. Supposedly a manual Supra is coming this year, too.
Yes, the B58 and S58 are great engines. Engines is still what BMW does great, long term reliability and maintenance aside. If the 4BW had the S58 from the new M3 in a Freaky Friday situation, the BlackWing would get nearly 0 demerits from every professional review.

If the 4 had come out six months before the 5, we wouldn't hear about the V8 as much. The fact that most people review them at the same time really led to that comparison. I'm not sure one twin turbo 6 cylinder would have gotten a different response than the one that's in there.

Every reviewer says it's the better and more balanced driver's car anyway.

If the 4 had come out six months before the 5, we wouldn't hear about the V8 as much. The fact that most people review them at the same time really led to that comparison. I'm not sure one twin turbo 6 cylinder would have gotten a different response than the one that's in there.

Every reviewer says it's the better and more balanced driver's car anyway.
Yes, but the S58 is VERY underrated power wise. So that helps and it revs 1000+ higher. Thats often mentioned about the BlackWing, the comparitively low redline.

Yes, spaetzle boi is more appropriate. :ROFLMAO: I appreciate the discussion...

If the Supra was the Z4 Coupe ///M40i, I would have bought it all the same. I didn't buy it for the nameplate, I bought it for the performance for the money, and damn was she a head turner! B58 is a truly great engine, makes great power throughout the rev range and has the ability to pull low 30 MPG on the highway with the savagely tuned ZF8.

Yes, spaetzle boi is more appropriate. :ROFLMAO: I appreciate the discussion...

If the Supra was the Z4 Coupe ///M40i, I would have bought it all the same. I didn't buy it for the nameplate, I bought it for the performance for the money, and damn was she a head turner! B58 is a truly great engine, makes great power throughout the rev range and has the ability to pull low 30 MPG on the highway with the savagely tuned ZF8.
The shop doing my final tuning, CES Motorsports, has a shop Supra in the low 10's with very basic bolt ons.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back