Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Personalized license plate

Texas requires a VIN before ordering, so it will be a LONG TIME before I can order mine. Yes, I will have 7 letters/numbers

Texas requires a VIN before ordering, so it will be a LONG TIME before I can order mine. Yes, I will have 7 letters/numbers
Same in Florida, I just used one of my other car plates for application. Gives me a head start as it will take 4 to 6 months to get. So the way things are going should work out fine.

For the distinguished gentleman who'd like to clearly proclaim he has a big love of the Blackwing cars...

Attachments

• BBWPlate.png
    BBWPlate.png
    14 KB · Views: 186
For the distinguished gentleman who'd like to clearly proclaim he has a big love of the Blackwing cars...
I was work-shopping some plates with my coworkers (military) and several ideas along this line came up

WAY2FUN.

So the new vanity plate finally arrived. After some family debate, we settled on: WING 29 Simple since it's 5BW VIN #29. Though a double meaning for us as my father-in-law had a similar plate on his 1984 Camaro Z28: ZING 28 (now, one of each plate hanging in my sons' bedrooms). "Zing" was a syllable in his last name and it became a life long nickname.

Timing of the arrival of the new plate is a bit poignant since tomorrow marks 12 years since my F-I-L's sudden passing. So a bit of a progression from ZING 28 to WING 29 plus a reminder of him and the car that he kept in pristine shape for almost 20 years.... until he sold it to a neighbor who proceeded to total it two months later. :mad:

For those inquiring minds. I made the license plate frame through thriftysigns.com. Created a custom frame right on their website using some screen snips of the logos ($14). They're just printed stickers applied to a blank frame. So to weatherproof it, I ran a bead of clear nail polish around the edge of each sticker and then clear coated it with Rust-oleum clear coat.

Attachments

• wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 208
  • zing.jpg
    zing.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 215
Love those old yellow and blue NY plates, had them on my first car back in the 80s. They look so much better than the refreshed ones from a few years back.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back