Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

People are idiots!!!

The part you left non-bolded is why people like/need them, though. ;)
I never said we don't need police I just think there needs to be change, and more officers need to do more community policing getting to know the town he works in.... Just running traffic stops is BS, but some officers get off on it because they can exert their power....

I used 1 1/2 ticket books in 17 years of law enforcement because to me you don't always have to write them.. I spent 5 years in patrol and 12 in CID and I learned to build relationship with the people in my city to get better results...

Oh well, I don't trust my government or most police officers.... Sorry, I hope you guys don't hate me for that....

I never said we don't need police I just think there needs to be change, and more officers need to do more community policing getting to know the town he works in.... Just running traffic stops is BS, but some officers get off on it because they can exert their power....

I used 1 1/2 ticket books in 17 years of law enforcement because to me you don't always have to write them.. I spent 5 years in patrol and 12 in CID and I learned to build relationship with the people in my city to get better results...

Oh well, I don't trust my government or most police officers.... Sorry, I hope you guys don't hate me for that....
The only difference in our thinking Steve is that while I agree some officers are on a power trip, I think most cops are good people. I feel like those guys are the exception not the rule.

I don't trust my government or most police officers.... Sorry, I hope you guys don't hate me for that....
I love you for that, mostly on the government point. I agree with Argent, most LEO's are good people that I call friends.

The only difference in our thinking Steve is that while I agree some officers are on a power trip, I think most cops are good people. I feel like those guys are the exception not the rule.

I love you for that, mostly on the government point. I agree with Argent, most LEO's are good people that I call friends.
Fair enough... I still have very close ties with several retired officers and we argue about this all the time....

Technology has taken away the "discretion" part of law enforcement. Every single one of the drivers/vehicles caught on the LPR's (license plate readers) are GUILTY. They are driving around with expired insurance/or NO insurance, no drivers license, expired registrations, improper plates (especially the Texas/NJ paper ones. These are the people that make US pay more for insurance rates and they should not even be on the road. The body cameras made it 10x more difficult to give any breaks. The public and politicians wanted it....now they have it......now deal with the consequences.

*I apologize for the hi-jacking of the thread. I did 11 years in the subways of NYC and later moved on to my hometown PD where the pay and conditions were much better. Retired after 28 years total service and still found time to serve my country in the military. But, people are animals to each other and it is said that you can judge a society by what is inside their prisons. It doesn't look good for humanity. Good cops become a quick judge of a persons character in just a few minutes of conversation but , I have dealt with some real slick snakes out there that would steal their dying mothers wallet. Unfortunately, alot of bad things happen to good people and thankfully the good people still do outnumber the bad ones.
My retirement gift to me was my 2022 CT5v_Blackwing. I deserved it and I consider it my therapy ! LOL !

My motto is "I assume everyone is an asshole until they prove otherwise". That being said I still believe the good in people outweighs the bad.

Wait, what? The thread is “People are idiots!!!” Is that your contribution?
I come to a car forum to discuss topics about cars and not reading about peoples' opinions on the government and the police. We have the news for that. Let's stay on the topic of cars.

IMG_5494.gif

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners