Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pana roof

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
Just curious how many are going w the pana roof on the ct5-v bw ..... i just found a somewhat local dealer who will only charge msrp !! As soon as he gets the word on allocation, believe im first in line. Any idea after the initial 250, how many will be built ? Not too excited!!! Just sold my 2019 z06 manual to buy this badboy

I spec’ed mine without it. It’s pretty useless as an open roof on my current V since the opening is pretty small. Plus, I’m planning on keeping this one long term and I’ve always heard people having trouble with their sun/moonroof in general. Finally, my car creaks a bit when going slow over large bumps (like entering/exiting my driveway) and I attribute that to having a huge hole cut in the roof.

If you like it though, get it. I know people that wouldn’t buy a car without one.

I spec’ed mine without it. It’s pretty useless as an open roof on my current V since the opening is pretty small. Plus, I’m planning on keeping this one long term and I’ve always heard people having trouble with their sun/moonroof in general. Finally, my car creaks a bit when going slow over large bumps (like entering/exiting my driveway) and I attribute that to having a huge hole cut in the roof.

If you like it though, get it. I know people that wouldn’t buy a car without one.
No i really appreciate your feedback... want to hear from more folks which will help w my decision.....what gen is your current v Opening smaller or same size as the current pana offering?

I'm ordering mine with it mainly because its one of the things people look for if you ever need to sell it. I have on my Vsport and never use it. I'll never use it on the CT5 BW either but I'll have it.

I'm ordering mine with it mainly because its one of the things people look for if you ever need to sell it. I have on my Vsport and never use it. I'll never use it on the CT5 BW either but I'll have it.
Yes true... before the bw became available, i was looking for gen 3 cts-v w low miles, seems more that were for sale had it as opposed to not.... guess where ya live comes into the equation as well

.... guess where ya live comes into the equation as well
That’s true too; I’m in TX and once we get to June my roof will never be open. It’s just too hot here to enjoy it. Another thing is that any moonroof will eat into some of your headroom a bit. I’m 5’8” so it really doesn’t matter to me lol
but if you ever plan on tracking it you may have issues fitting in it with a helmet on. None of the cars at Spring Mountain have them FWIW.

Finally, the one thing I do love about the pano roof is how much light it lets into the cabin. It’s especially nice with a dark interior.

I got it on mine. Never seen the pana roof in person either.

If you plan on tracking it you will lose headroom, especially with a helmet on.

My consideration was for both strength and then I plan on having this car a long time ( won't be any replacement gas powered vehicles ) and I didn't want a motorized part going bad on it. If that makes any sense.

Good point , but motorized shit and electronics can tank besides the pana Get an extended warranty , if nervous about lack of a replacement part , they have to by law keep parts available for years...

.....what gen is your current v Opening smaller or same size as the current pana offering?
I just saw these questions. I have a 2018 V3. That’s a good question on the size of the opening, that’s something I’d like to know too. One thing I did notice about the pano roof in the CT5 is that it has a bar inside the roof of the car separating the front and rear glass which I thought was weird. Maybe it allows the roof to open more? I need to look into that.

Did not spec it and I live in Florida. No good time to open it, as it is either too hot, too cold, or raining. The bar in the middle also a unique feature that I did not like. I have a feeling any other car I purchase will be ordered as all cars in Florida seem to have one. It is not for me.

This is the pano roof I believe. It is like two sun roofs. I believe only the front opens. Pano Roof

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back