Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pana roof

Can someone please expand on this bar??
Not many pics that I could find but this gives you the general idea.

1619355589887.png

It's much more pronounced than prior generations. I had a 2009 CTS and this is what it used to look like:

1619355855816.png

I currently drive a 2020 CT5-V with the sunroof and my wife and I like it, and I ordered my BW with the sunroof.. I have attached some pics so ya'll can maybe get an idea of what it looks like..Please forgive me as I'm not much of a photographer...

Attachments

• IMG_2654.jpg
    IMG_2654.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2649.jpg
    IMG_2649.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2653.jpg
    IMG_2653.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 224
Oh, when my wife gets home I will put a helmet on and have her take a couple of pics to see clearance issues....I'm 6'7" 270# so I take up a lot of space in the car...

Oof. Idk if I like the look of that after all actually...

My 2 cents on sun roofs: I dislike the kind that open over the roof as opposed to inside of it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have attached some pics so ya'll can maybe get an idea of what it looks like..
Does the rear section open too?

Edit: Nevermind, I can see the reflection in the glass when I zoom in. Would have been cool, though!

Here are a couple of pics with a helmet on...My helmet does touch on the left side by the door a little, but remember, I'm 6'7"...

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpg
    IMG_2659.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2660.jpg
    IMG_2660.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 173
I did spec the pano roof but will put 5% tint on it so it's actually feasible to keep the cloth shield from covering it up most of the time...

Gonna try and swing by the one local Cadillac dealer here today and check out the pano on a CT5. Need to give my salesman a call anyway for the bronze wheels and calipers.

Gonna try and swing by the one local Cadillac dealer here today and check out the pano on a CT5. Need to give my salesman a call anyway for the bronze wheels and calipers.
Are you going with the bronze or grey calipers?

I'd much rather have a metal sunroof so there's no additional solar cost when it's closed, but no one does that anymore. However, if you want to run with the windows open, cracking the sunroof causes a slight air draw in the cabin. That slight draw breaks the tie between air ingress and the air's attempt to maintain flow across the side of the car which causes that terrible buffet you get in most sedans with all 4 windows open. I really wish this one didn't have that rear glass, but it's what you get. Hopefully Caddy put a lot of UV reflection in the sandwich layer!

I'd much rather have a metal sunroof so there's no additional solar cost when it's closed, but no one does that anymore. However, if you want to run with the windows open, cracking the sunroof causes a slight air draw in the cabin. That slight draw breaks the tie between air ingress and the air's attempt to maintain flow across the side of the car which causes that terrible buffet you get in most sedans with all 4 windows open. I really wish this one didn't have that rear glass, but it's what you get. Hopefully Caddy put a lot of UV reflection in the sandwich layer!
My Infiniti G37S Sedan has a "curtain" that can be slid either open or closed independent from the actual sunroof that serves this purpose.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back