Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pana roof

If its the same as the CT4-V I drove in I really didnt like the way the rear seat set up was with a sunroof. Sitting in the rear seat it felt like there was a pocket you kinda had to pop into with adequate head room. Really not sure how to explain it. But sat in one without a sunroof the other day and it was a nice reg roof line from the inside which I really liked.

My Infiniti G37S Sedan has a "curtain" that can be slid either open or closed independent from the actual sunroof that serves this purpose.
My 2009 CTS had this as well. It was an automated shade (push button open/close) that wasn't completely opaque but would block about 85 or 90% of the light from coming through when closed.

anyone just simply thought about adding a crystalline clear or 70% tint to it? Thats assuming it won't already come with a cover as all cars do with sunroofs?
I'm honestly trying to figure out what everyone is bothered by...the glass, or the added weight? color me confused at this point...either way, I'm not tracking my car so sunroof it is!

For those who like the panaroof such as myself, it merely comes down to the flexibility of being able to block out the sunlight/daylight or let it shine thru without needing to open glass itself. Further, here in the northeast where we get to experience all four seasons, I appreciate flexibility of the clear glass (winter sun shining thru) as well as the shade (blocking hot summer sun partially or completely), and only needing to open the glass when I want.

I took a second look back in this thread at the photos that @Tall Steve posted (including general ones as well as ones showing his helmet clearance), and you can see that there's a shade that can be drawn to block out the light. I suspect that it's automated and operated by push button (as was my 2009 CTS), though Steve can probably confirm. I would hope that BWs don't lose the shade or its automated operation.

@jwolf99, yes, my CT5-V does have an automated shade that does block out the sun when closed.. I have attached a couple more pics, but it's from my loaner car as my car is having maintenance work done. Still a 2020 CT5-V..

Attachments

• IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2748.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2749.jpg
    IMG_2749.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 170
anyone just simply thought about adding a crystalline clear or 70% tint to it? Thats assuming it won't already come with a cover as all cars do with sunroofs?
I'm honestly trying to figure out what everyone is bothered by...the glass, or the added weight? color me confused at this point...either way, I'm not tracking my car so sunroof it is!
I live in the desert Southwest, so 100% tint + that felt shade thingy still wouldn't come close to the same level of heat rejection as a layer of steel, plus insulation, plus headliner. I'd prefer a traditional metal 'sunroof' as opposed to the glass 'moonroof' everyone offers today.

Having said that, I too have ordered the glasstop, because 6 months out of the year we have regular opportunities to cruise with the windows open- but my experience with sedans is that over about 45 MPH you start to get some pretty painful cavitation in the rear seat airspace. This is neutralized by adding a low pressure draw. So, crack the roof and that 'WOP, WOP, WOP' smacking you in the eardrums almost disappears!

I usually just open a second window to get rid of the wind buffeting. At least in my current stinger I just Open both front windows or if its nice I roll all of them down to a point.

I live in the desert Southwest, so 100% tint + that felt shade thingy still wouldn't come close to the same level of heat rejection as a layer of steel, plus insulation, plus headliner. I'd prefer a traditional metal 'sunroof' as opposed to the glass 'moonroof' everyone offers today.

Having said that, I too have ordered the glasstop, because 6 months out of the year we have regular opportunities to cruise with the windows open- but my experience with sedans is that over about 45 MPH you start to get some pretty painful cavitation in the rear seat airspace. This is neutralized by adding a low pressure draw. So, crack the roof and that 'WOP, WOP, WOP' smacking you in the eardrums almost disappears!
I know your pain...my brother and sister-in-law live in Henderson and I go out there a few times a year. Went two years ago for my nieces high school graduation and it was stupid hot!

I did.... Although I never use them. Its nice to have feature and I wanted every option I could get.

I’ve had them on 3 of my last vehicles. Think i opened them a total of 5 times. So i passed. Also someone mentioned mYbe you couldnt track it with the glass overhead…..no idea if thats valid but another reason to save the money

I went for it.

Sunroof open while driving in the twisty forested mountains in Idaho is worth it. Besides, if the track thing is true, the nearest track from here is a LONG way away.

Just curious how many are going w the pana roof on the ct5-v bw ..... i just found a somewhat local dealer who will only charge msrp !! As soon as he gets the word on allocation, believe im first in line. Any idea after the initial 250, how many will be built ? Not too excited!!! Just sold my 2019 z06 manual to buy this badboy
860052 no roof, I might regret it later but I ordered it without.

I ordered with the Pano roof. I drive with the windows down pretty much anytime it’s between 60-100 (or whatever the AC/heat can keep up with). Only reason I was kinda hesitant with the pano was for resale, as I don’t plan to track the car, and I’m still not 100% sure I love the look of it from the inside. Oh well, too late

I ordered with the Pano roof. I drive with the windows down pretty much anytime it’s between 60-100 (or whatever the AC/heat can keep up with). Only reason I was kinda hesitant with the pano was for resale, as I don’t plan to track the car, and I’m still not 100% sure I love the look of it from the inside. Oh well, too late
I would think the pana roof would increase resale value…

Did not spec it and I live in Florida. No good time to open it, as it is either too hot, too cold, or raining. The bar in the middle also a unique feature that I did not like. I have a feeling any other car I purchase will be ordered as all cars in Florida seem to have one. It is not for me.
Same reasoning for me.

I think it would for some but not for others. In the SS community (and perhaps others) no moonroof with manual trans is known as “the enthusiasts package.” 🙂

For some yeah. People that want to track it won’t want the extra weight or decreased stability. But some can’t live without 🤷‍♂️

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back