Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Paint issues

vblkwng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
On the Electric Blue CT5-V Blackwing I had some paint issues, dealer doesn't want to do anything about it, as they claim fixing it they can't do a fix. Not sure what to do next, and surprised this made it through QA.

20210915_125535.jpg
20210915_125655.jpg

surprised this made it through QA.
That's what I had stated previously. There should be a transparent process for filing a claim with corporate.

oh man... i cant wait to pick mine up. :hb
I looked at @MrChao car and it was fine, it had the black specs but those can be wiped off using solution, it's likely from the train. Apparently @treddi also had black specs. But my complaint was with the poor paint work in the areas in the photo.

I looked at @MrChao car and it was fine, it had the black specs but those can be wiped off using solution, it's likely from the train. Apparently @treddi also had black specs. But my complaint was with the poor paint work in the areas in the photo.
When you produce $100k cars on the same line that you produce $25k cars and deliver $100k cars the same way that you deliver $13.4k cars...

I can't see the issue from my phone but if there is an actual flaw (not a post production contaminant) it's on the manufacturer not the dealer to fix. Go to a high end paint shop and get their analysis and an estimate. They can describe whether it's a defect from painting process or damage to the paint (in which case it's going to be much harder to document unless you caught it on delivery )

I can't see the issue from my phone but if there is an actual flaw (not a post production contaminant) it's on the manufacturer not the dealer to fix. Go to a high end paint shop and get their analysis and an estimate. They can describe whether it's a defect from painting process or damage to the paint (in which case it's going to be much harder to document unless you caught it on delivery )
Look above the T in CTS, there's a huge drip bump, and around the headlight there's a ton of bumps.

I also had nibs all over the hood which when we tried to put PPF on it created fisheye look in multiple places, so the hood essentially needs wet sanded to be smoothed out...But those were hard to get on camera but you can see/feel them in person.

I am 100% sure I wouldn’t of accepted that car till paint was repaired to my satisfaction. That totally sucks.
I didn't notice it till after my detailer pointed it out. It's not a huge spot like a discolored door. Just sucks that this made it past everyone's inspection.

Good news is your dealer spotted it. Shouldn't be an issue for them to work with Cadillac on a fix. Fix isn't hard and typically doesn't involve repainting the car and any good paint shop can handle it. I've got PPF on the front half of my car but I'm going to have to do a once-over on the rest after I hand wash it again to make sure I didn't miss any of these on my car.

That's clearly (pardon the pun) clear coat from the original paint job. Get a good paint shop to estimate/analyze and then have the dealership share with GM for a claim. With paperwork saying you need to correct clear coat issues, should be straight forward I hope. One caveat - I think this is a "cheap" repair so try to do it in a way that it doesn't end up in your vehicle history...

That looks like something out of Maaco. No offense. On the flip side, I'd still trade you for mine.

Damn. Sorry to see this Eric.

The dealer, at the very least, should contact the District Sales Manager and a case should be opened so that Cadillac is aware of it and can correct the potential issue both for you, the customer, and in the paint booth.

IMHO, that is unacceptable. The paint quality issue is unacceptable and the dealer telling you, they won't do anything about it, is completely unacceptable.

Cadillac is trying to compete with BMW, Mercedes, Genesis, etc. While those brands have their paint issues too, if Cadillac wants to successfully compete, they need to do it at the factory level, AS WELL AS at the dealership level!

While dealerships are independent companies from the OEM, they are under franchise governing.

Attention Cadillac: maybe time to re-evaluate that Pinnacle program, if it even exists anymore? You wanted dealers to spritz the air in their showrooms with Cadillac "pheromones", but your dealer network has a major failure here...

Last edited:
Damn. Sorry to see this Eric.

The dealer, at the very least, should contact the District Sales Manager and a case should be opened so that Cadillac is aware of it and can correct the potential issue both for you, the customer, and in the paint booth.

IMHO, that is unacceptable. The paint quality issue is unacceptable and the dealer telling you, they won't do anything about it, is completely unacceptable.

Cadillac is trying to compete with BMW, Mercedes, Genesis, etc. While those brands have their paint issues too, if Cadillac wants to successfully compete, they need to do it at the factory level, AS WELL AS at the dealership level!

While dealerships are independent companies from the OEM, they are under franchise governing.

Attention Cadillac: maybe time to re-evaluate that Pinnacle program, if it even exists anymore? You wanted dealers to spritz the air in their showroom with Cadillac "pheromones", but your dealer network has a failure here...
That paint robot should be demoted to applying the silicon to the windshields.

That paint robot should be demoted to applying the silicon to the windshields.
Pfft, I wouldn't trust it to water the lawn in front of the factory

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners