Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V OTA update?

CT5-V Model
I guess selecting 'Learn More' will have some but not great info?
I've ignored it so far and went looking for a What's New or some Oct OTA RNs in the app and found nuttin.

Did it seem to reset anything? I know the occasional big OTA push fron BMW can mess with your setting overrides, but then Caddy doesn't have an eqyivalent of Bimmercode.

See attached

Attachments

• 55F6E275-9984-47A4-A12E-EE9DDD53BF42.jpeg
    55F6E275-9984-47A4-A12E-EE9DDD53BF42.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 207
Update added a special feature where the horn sounds like a goat 🤣

I'd pay a dumb amount of money if this was a factory option that could only be used when the car isn't in motion.

ran the update today, everything normal on the 5 as far as i can tell. Drove it a good while today with the wife.....Love that car.

Love that note: "Better never stops". True

Is this for all 5 BW? Has not happened to us yet.🤔
My 5BW asked and updated, as its posted in this thread I'm not completely sure what the patch was about. A few folks posted, its a must to get future OTA's?

Just a thought, my car is still not chipped or flashed for parking front and rear sensors? Are you guys complete with that option? Why would the update be selective? Not sure, will ask the dealer tomorrow. Only thing that comes to mind for me.

My 5BW got it Friday as well and I can’t tell if any difference. If I had to guess there was a security vuln in some open source component of the software stack that needed to be updated.

My 5BW got it Friday as well and I can’t tell if any difference. If I had to guess there was a security vuln in some open source component of the software stack that needed to be updated.
There is a TON of software licenses listed in there!

My 5BW asked and updated, as its posted in this thread I'm not completely sure what the patch was about. A few folks posted, its a must to get future OTA's?

Just a thought, my car is still not chipped or flashed for parking front and rear sensors? Are you guys complete with that option? Why would the update be selective? Not sure, will ask the dealer tomorrow. Only thing that comes to mind for me.
I don't have the parking sensors either. It appears this particular update is more of a core service/foundational software update that was required in order to provide future software updates.

I wish these updates could re-flash the ECU for things like parking sensors. If they could I would have bought the parking sensor module online for $40 and installed it myself. I think these updates are specific to the Cadillac infotainment system. Map updates, new apps, improvements to Bluetooth, Android Auto/Apple Carplay and stuff like that.

I think the upcoming EV (Ultifi) platform will be able to support OTA updates for all aspects of the car like Tesla has done for years. These kinds of updates can add entire features to a vehicle like enabling rear heated seats, implementing brake hold, add apps like Netflix, retune for performance/economy, etc. In the first 6 months of Tesla Model 3 ownership our car received two power increases via OTA updates. When I first bought the car, it did not have brake hold, a month later the feature shows up via a software update. They even reprogrammed features like the rain sensing wipers that were a little too sensitive at first. Then the added side camera views to the backup camera so you are seeing left, right and rear. It is very cool to be able to receive OTA updates for all aspects of the vehicle like this and improve it during the ownership period. I am hopeful GM has hired talented software engineers required to properly develop, manage and deploy software like this for a large fleet of vehicles. Tesla has exceeded my expectations in this area and they are the one to beat as they move to Ultium/Ultifi.

Last edited:
I drove my 5 Fri, Sat, and today, no update for me yet.

Its always a good idea to have an "idea" what's taking place with something that matters to you. Knowledge is, knowledge.
By "good thing" I am celebrating the fact that a company issued a software update and it appears to work seamlessly with no adverse effects. Rare occurrence these days.

:LOL: Well, since my horn seems to be sporadically working, that might be an improvement and more noticeable. But the update didn't seem to change it. :)

I was also scouring the internet with the update number I recorded to see if there was any info. I could not find anything. The update on my 5V was GM N22-2379480. Took 5 @ minutes to install. That was my first known update.
I picked up my 5BW this morning and here's what was done to repair the horn issue:

Cause: INTERNAL FAULT
6450380 Steering Wheel Airbag Replacement
Part Number: 86779688 Inflator Module

The good news is that it's working correctly now.

I picked up my 5BW this morning and here's what was done to repair the horn issue:

Cause: INTERNAL FAULT
6450380 Steering Wheel Airbag Replacement
Part Number: 86779688 Inflator Module

The good news is that it's working correctly now.
Yeah, there was another thread regarding the horn and I think they replaced the same thing for a fix. I was going to wait for my notice from GM to retrofit the heated steering wheel and lump the complaint in there. 🙂

Thanks for posting!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners