Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V OTA update?

CT5-V Model
Before I jump into tinfoil mode - is there a setting I accidentally hit that stopped the Nav from being able to zoom in and out? It didn't work tonight when I wanted to take a quick scan of the highway for crashes, so I thought is this the pending OTA's fault?
Either way I'm doing the update - I love the warning telling you not to lock anyone in the car :LOL:

Got my update Saturday, installed last night. No changes on anything as far as I know on my drive to work this morning.

I picked up my 5BW this morning and here's what was done to repair the horn issue:

Cause: INTERNAL FAULT
6450380 Steering Wheel Airbag Replacement
Part Number: 86779688 Inflator Module

The good news is that it's working correctly now.
That reminds me, I need to try out my horn. Not much use for a horn where I live, maybe use it a few times a year. I have lived in more horntensive cities so I get the need for one.

When it’s not working properly does it just not work entirely or is it that just a lot of force is required?

That reminds me, I need to try out my horn. Not much use for a horn where I live, maybe use it a few times a year. I have lived in more horntensive cities so I get the need for one.

When it’s not working properly does it just not work entirely or is it that just a lot of force is required?
I was able to use the horn when I pushed right in the center. It would not work on the sides so I was unable to gently push on the horn when needed. It only let me lay on the horn. These days if you're just trying to get someone's attention and you lay on the horn it could cause an unwanted reaction! I'm in Houston so you never know...

Went to use mine yesterday. Firm long press (more on the left side)...nothing. It's sad that I have to try to use it and you don't have time to try different spots to push. By that time the need for the horn has passed.

Went to use mine yesterday. Firm long press (more on the left side)...nothing. It's sad that I have to try to use it and you don't have time to try different spots to push. By that time the need for the horn has passed.
I agree. I had mine repaired when I brought her in for the first oil change.

I was able to use the horn when I pushed right in the center. It would not work on the sides so I was unable to gently push on the horn when needed. It only let me lay on the horn. These days if you're just trying to get someone's attention and you lay on the horn it could cause an unwanted reaction! I'm in Houston so you never know...
Where I live culturally we generally don't do casual honking, like if someone fails to start up right away when the light turns green. Everyone here is armed (including me), and I suspect that is why people are very polite. When I do actual emergency honking (what horns are for) for some reason I hit the center with force. I guess that is always the way I've done it and never really thought about it.

I'd pay a dumb amount of money if this was a factory option that could only be used when the car isn't in motion.
Sorry, you'll have to buy a Tesla for that. ;)

Edit: see?
IMG_9913.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but myCadillac app stopped synching with the car until I installed the update. I wonder if this is a security patch.

Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but myCadillac app stopped synching with the car until I installed the update. I wonder if this is a security patch.
Mine did too. I had to update my phone (Android) app and that did the trick.

I approved an OTA update Monday night- then the following 3 days on my commute home the nav stops working and I get a message that the SD card has been removed. The next morning nav works as normal. Anyone else have this? Link to the OTA programming or coincidence.

Jonathan

I've got an OTA paranoid it's screwing with me thing:
- my heated steering wheel is turning on automatically when I start the car. I've had colder (56F) mornings then this when I set off.

I've got an OTA paranoid it's screwing with me thing:
- my heated steering wheel is turning on automatically when I start the car. I've had colder (56F) mornings then this when I set off.
Isn't that a setting in the infotainment? Maybe it got flipped on by the update?

It's nice feature so I leave it on.

Was there a second OTA this weekend?
By all accounts it took when I did it last weekend.
Drove the car briefly Fri and nothing displayed and then longer today and ended up with another install notice.

My update only popped up last night. I finally let it install today. All seemed normal.

Ironically, yesterday morning when i was out, I got in and went to drive away but my mirrors stayed folded. I shut everything off, unlocked with fob(door lock button didn't do it) and they unfolded. Been normal since. I had wanted to blame the update but I hadn't gotten it yet then.

I haven't yet seen an update on my 5V since the October 1st one.

If you go to settings>system>about>build number it should show you an update history. I am on the W41E build.

I haven't yet seen an update on my 5V since the October 1st one.

If you go to settings>system>about>build number it should show you an update history. I am on the W41E build.
Thanks for that! I will check the release #.
Our carpark is a bit of a deadzone, so it is possible it crapped out and is on some autoretry after 7 days.

Something I recently noticed and it may have been the update that changed it, is my car will retain the SPORT mode on the next startup. I don't think it did this before and the manual says it should only retain MY mode and default to TOUR mode if previously in any other mode. It does not retain TRACK mode on next startup-only SPORT. Anyone else notice a change?

After our update we noticed fans running immediately upon start up even dead cold, absolutely didn’t do this before.

Something I recently noticed and it may have been the update that changed it, is my car will retain the SPORT mode on the next startup. I don't think it did this before and the manual says it should only retain MY mode and default to TOUR mode if previously in any other mode. It does not retain TRACK mode on next startup-only SPORT. Anyone else notice a change?
Since I took delivery on 7/2 my 5bw has retained SPORT

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners