Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Oil Changes

Changed my oil yesterday...just an FYI...the oil drain plug was not tight at all. I was expecting the normal factory tight as tight can be, but this thing was just barely snug. No way it was torqued to specs. The filter, however, was what I thought, really wrenched on. There was no leakage from the plug, but man I was surprised at how it was.

Changed my oil yesterday...just an FYI...the oil drain plug was not tight at all. I was expecting the normal factory tight as tight can be, but this thing was just barely snug. No way it was torqued to specs. The filter, however, was what I thought, really wrenched on. There was no leakage from the plug, but man I was surprised at how it was.

Only 18 ft lbs on the drain plug. It has a rubber seal on the plug. Don’t overtighten since it has aluminum threads.

So I changed the oil the other day, used the Supercar oil. Everything seems fine, but I could swear the oil pressure is a little higher than prior to the change. I didn't do any data logging or anything, but it certainly seems a few points higher. Probably my imagination...

Last edited:
So I changed the oil the other day, used the Supercar oil. Everything seems fine, but I could swear the oil pressure is a little higher than prior to the change. I didn't do any data logging or anything, but it certainly seems a few points higher. Probably my imagination...
You use the OEM PF64 filter?

Just ordered 10 qts of Supercar from Walmart, came out $106.35 shipped. Missed the sale that Autozone had a week ago. Would have gotten 10 qts with 2 filters and 2 towel rolls for like $90.

I was gonna take it to the dealer to be done but starting to think the chance that they have Supercar or older ESP is slim to none. Only reason I considered it just for record/warranty purposes.

Just ordered 10 qts of Supercar from Walmart, came out $106.35 shipped. Missed the sale that Autozone had a week ago. Would have gotten 10 qts with 2 filters and 2 towel rolls for like $90.

I was gonna take it to the dealer to be done but starting to think the chance that they have Supercar or older ESP is slim to none. Only reason I considered it just for record/warranty purposes.
You can post your own service records on Carfax when you do your own work. Just keep your receipts.

Anyone use the UPF46 ultraguard filter?

Anyone use the UPF46 ultraguard filter?
I wouldn't. Could you without any issue? Probably, but why not just use the proper part? Also, if you have an engine issue, no matter how unrelated, do you want the dealer to have any ammo to deny a warranty claim?

From GM Bulletin, I know it doesn't state UPF46 specifically, but what it does tell me is that there is more going on in the filter than whether or not it "fits"...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-10 14.08.29.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-10 14.08.29.png
    72 KB · Views: 81
Hmm, thats news to me. Now I gotta figure out how to do just that.

You can go to the link below. Create an account if you don't have one. Then go to the "Track your Maintenance" section and you can add you VIN. Once you do you will see the service history on the car, basically the PDI from you dealer. You can enter your own records for oil changes, tire rotations, etc.

I've been using that for my GLI for a while. Probably ought to figure out if the data can be kept offline in case Carfax goes under someday in the future and your records die with it.

Just had my conplimentary 1st service at ~3k miles.
They mentioned Dexos just about everywhere they could :LOL:
So I can only assume they actually put it in.

Just had my conplimentary 1st service at ~3k miles.
They mentioned Dexos just about everywhere they could :LOL:
So I can only assume they actually put it in.
Yeah, i'll call them monday to verify. But just in case, I got the oil already.

I wanna change it before next weekend. Going on a cruise with a bunch of corvettes from Tampa to Palm Beach for their Anniversary C&C event on Sunday.

My oil change order arrived yesterday from Walmart. I ordered 10 qts of M1 Supercar to keep a spare in the trunk. I also rolled the odometer over 500 miles yesterday evening so I was able to experience the full power band finally!

What’s the general consensus here for first oil change mileage?

500, 750, 1000, according to the DIC?

Obviously I’m planning on sooner than later since I bought everything.

My oil change order arrived yesterday from Walmart. I ordered 10 qts of M1 Supercar to keep a spare in the trunk. I also rolled the odometer over 500 miles yesterday evening so I was able to experience the full power band finally!

What’s the general consensus here for first oil change mileage?

500, 750, 1000, according to the DIC?

Obviously I’m planning on sooner than later since I bought everything.
Why not just follow GM’s recommendations?
GM’s engineers design and build the engine, its quality control technicians test and retested the design and build before it went into production, and its accountants would have to justify the funds required to replace it if it blows up under warranty, so I think that’s a lot of expertise you can trust to back up whatever is recommended.
(Which is what, by the way: Just follow the engine oil life calculation?)

Last edited:
That can make life easier however, they don't list one for the 5BW? I did see they list the Escalade 6.2 Liter?
You answered my question. I was wondering if there was a plastic panel underneath like on my Dodge Challenger. I will take a look and see if my 5BW warrants getting a "Fumoto Check Valve". I have it to replace the oil drain bolt on my Dodge since it doesn't hang down too low to get hit if I bottom out. It makes life very easy to change your oil and the service techs appreciate it also. No stripped or cross threaded bolts, no oil spills.

My 4v matte green BW is almost at 5,000 miles = bought it slightly used / selling dealer did oil and filter change at 2,500 when I bought it...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back