Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Bronze Finish Wheels Available for the 2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Just passing on an FYI from Cadillac:

V-Series Blackwing – Waitlist instructions & New Wheel announcement​

Dear Cadillac Dealers,

We are extremely happy to share two important updates with you today around V-Series Blackwing:

I. Waitlist Instructions:
While the reservation program for the initial 500 V-Series Blackwing is full, the 22MY is not-yet sold out and we encourage all dealers to reach out to their waitlist leads and submit orders to order work bench as soon as possible. It’s important to remember that these are very interested customers who would have put down the $1,000 deposit had they been able and we encourage you to get their orders in the system before moving on to others.

Your waitlist leads would have been received between 2/1-2/10 under the following lead campaign IDs:
  • 561226 – CT4-V Blackwing Hot Lead (aka Waitlist)
  • 561227 – CT5-V Blackwing Hot Lead (aka Waitlist)
Please work with your field team for guidance on expected allocation to confirm you can fulfill all your interested customers.

II. New Wheel Announcement:
We have exciting news! A new Aluminum Alloy wheel with Tech Bronze finish will be available starting this Thursday 4/22. This striking wheel is an exclusive fashion design and color. As a nod to the heritage of the Blackwing name, these wheels also include laser etching of the historic Blackwing ‘wings’ logo.

bronze-wheels.jpg

These new wheels will be available to current customers with orders in the system as well as any new orders starting this Thursday 4/22 (in “Quick Order” only – visible in ‘configure a new vehicle’ on May 6th).

Please reach out to your current V-Series Blackwing customers with an order in the system to see if they’re interested in this new wheel option and make any updates to existing orders by Friday, April 30, 2021.

Sooo why the hell did my dealer not know any of this?

Your waitlist leads would have been received between 2/1-2/10 under the following lead campaign IDs:
I swear, it's like they don't want to sell me a 100k car. Anyway, that's another post for another thread. I didn't like these wheels on the prototypes but they look pretty nice in the CT4-V BW digital brochure! Not enough for me to change my order, though. :)

Sooo why the hell did my dealer not know any of this?

I swear, it's like they don't want to sell me a 100k car. Anyway, that's another post for another thread. I didn't like these wheels on the prototypes but they look pretty nice in the CT4-V BW digital brochure! Not enough for me to change my order, though. :)
It was just announced...

Emailed my salesman just before you posted this up. Hopefully he gets back to me soon and is aware of what’s going on. Think the tech bronze against the Wave Metallic will get great. Just have to decide if I want to do a certain color calipers or not 🤔

I think those bronze wheels would look incredible with white or rift, along with bronze brake calipers! Really tempting...

Tempted to switch to the bronze wheels, but I'll have to change colors too. Don't know how it'll look with electric blue lol. If the green frost was available I would jump on that in a heartbeat

Tempted to switch to the bronze wheels, but I'll have to change colors too. Don't know how it'll look with electric blue lol. If the green frost was available I would jump on that in a heartbeat
I was hoping they would make that available after all for the first 250. Who knows, we still have a few months till production actually starts right? 🤞

I was hoping they would make that available after all for the first 250. Who knows, we still have a few months till production actually starts right? 🤞
But, didn’t they state that the wheel change would have to be submitted by the end of this month?

But, didn’t they state that the wheel change would have to be submitted by the end of this month?
Correct. Which leads me to believe that any configuration changes you want to make should be done by the end of the month because orders could start progressing next month. That's my assumption.

Correct. Which leads me to believe that any configuration changes you want to make should be done by the end of the month because orders could start progressing next month. That's my assumption.
Mine as well.

I agree I changed my color from wave to electric blue. If I was still getting wave I'd switch to these wheels.

Alright I need opinions. Can’t decide lol
Wave Metallic
Tech Bronze
What color calipers?

Alright I need opinions. Can’t decide lol
Wave Metallic
Tech Bronze
What color calipers?
I'm going with Infrared with blue calipers as I like the shade of blue that's used and I think it'll be a nice contrast with the red. As for you, I would recommend the opposite. Red calipers with Wave Metallic. The bronze calipers will get lost in the wheels and the blue ones may not stand out as much on a blue body. JMO and good luck!

I'm going with Infrared with blue calipers as I like the shade of blue that's used and I think it'll be a nice contrast with the red. As for you, I would recommend the opposite. Red calipers with Wave Metallic. The bronze calipers will get lost in the wheels and the blue ones may not stand out as much on a blue body. JMO and good luck!
Pretty much what I was thinking. Wouldn’t do bronze calipers with bronze wheels. Not sure how the blue will look against the car, and red was my second option to the blue.
May just do it aftermarket, but not sure if there’s a significance to the key fob matching too?

Just passing on an FYI from Cadillac:

V-Series Blackwing – Waitlist instructions & New Wheel announcement​

Dear Cadillac Dealers,

We are extremely happy to share two important updates with you today around V-Series Blackwing:

I. Waitlist Instructions:
While the reservation program for the initial 500 V-Series Blackwing is full, the 22MY is not-yet sold out and we encourage all dealers to reach out to their waitlist leads and submit orders to order work bench as soon as possible. It’s important to remember that these are very interested customers who would have put down the $1,000 deposit had they been able and we encourage you to get their orders in the system before moving on to others.

Please work with your field team for guidance on expected allocation to confirm you can fulfill all your interested customers.

II. New Wheel Announcement:
We have exciting news! A new Aluminum Alloy wheel with Tech Bronze finish will be available starting this Thursday 4/22. This striking wheel is an exclusive fashion design and color. As a nod to the heritage of the Blackwing name, these wheels also include laser etching of the historic Blackwing ‘wings’ logo.

View attachment 3220

These new wheels will be available to current customers with orders in the system as well as any new orders starting this Thursday 4/22 (in “Quick Order” only – visible in ‘configure a new vehicle’ on May 6th).

Please reach out to your current V-Series Blackwing customers with an order in the system to see if they’re interested in this new wheel option and make any updates to existing orders by Friday, April 30, 2021.
Thanks Rob for the pictures and Tech Bronze Wheel information. Two questions, please - for you or anyone who might have insider info:
1) How does the Tech Bronze Wheel color compare to the Bronze Calipers? Which one is the darker color?
2) What color lug nuts come standard with the Bronze finish wheels? Are matching bronze lug nuts available?

Thanks -

What do yall think about Bronze Calipers on Polished Dark Android wheels w/Main body Satin Steel? That's what I'm going with as of now. Kinda hard for me to envision but figured more input is always great.

Last edited:
What do yall think about Bronze Calipers on Polished Dark Android wheels w/Main body Satin Steel? That's what I'm going with as of now. Kinda hard for me to envision but figured more input is always great.
I can see that being a good look. Wish we had a visualizer like the C8 had at announcement showing all the combos we can make

If you build a 2021 v you can select color of car, similar wheels but only red or blue calipers. Red looks nice. I’m thinking bronze would too

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back