Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Needs moar sound

Grainofsand

Seasoned Member
I know that being stealth is baked into the Cadillac/High end GM performance products. But I feel like part of the excitement of performance car ownership is the sounds that the car makes. I believe that GM/aftermarket needs to offer external sound upgrades for these cars in order to stay relevant in today's performance car interests.

IMG_5717.gif

but I’m leaving mine stock. It’s pretty loud outside the car.

The car is pretty loud outside. At the track this past weekend, spectators were telling me they could clearly hear the SC whine as I went by at close to 100mph. Many have also said the exhaust sounds amazing from outside the vehicle.

As I understand it, the sound inside the vehicle is muted bc of active sound canceling built into the stereo system. The only way one can actually hear the true sound from the cabin is by pulling the fuse for the stereo. There's a thread on the Forum about this.

Personally, I think it's loud enough from the inside. The only thing I miss hearing is the SC whine like from my Widebody Charger Hellcat.

Have someone that you trust drive it with you standing outside. It's quite different than what you hear from inside.

Have someone that you trust drive it with you standing outside. It's quite different than what you hear from inside.
^^^ this right here

I had my girlfriend do a launch control for me when I was considering a set of catted downpipes. Needless to say, I kept it stock and just fold the rear seats down when I want to hear more decibels. This being said, the stock exhaust volume output on the 4BW is criminal in comparison to the 5BW factory exhaust decibel reading...... GM should narrow this gap for our sake -- I have yet to meet another 4BW owner who said it is loud enough inside

Another comment agreeing with how loud it is outside. I was backed into a parking spot in a parking garage so the exhaust pipes were close to the wall. When I turned it on the noise echoed incredibly loudly and scared an older guy walking by.

My experience detailed here:

Don't wait for an aftermarket "bolt-on" solution. They're not coming, and they're ridiculously overpriced. Find a local shop.

I still want it a lot louder. I may get the Kooks one day, but still thinking about whether its worth it or not............

Get yourself a custom axle back exhaust like I did (see post history). $1-1.5k later and your car will sound like it should have from the factory (aka a 670hp earth rattling beast).

This is the first factory exhaust I have zero desire to alter. I think it sounds incredible, on both the 4 and 5. It's loud without being raspy or obnoxious, or to put it another way, polar opposite of a Coyote or Hemi.

I was looking around the other day and noticed it has an H and an X pipe, I've never seen both on the same system before.

Drive with your back seat folded down. And the windows open.

The car is INSANELY loud from outside. I get comments all the time from people at events.
x2

I had a guy ask "who installed your headers?" I told him it was all stock and he was like CMON man! He really thought I was fooling with him, funny shit.

I love to drive like you said, = priceless!

Maybe the 5BW is loud. But the 4BW doesn't make much noise because of the turbos
After reading all of the "it's loud on the outside" comments, I had my wife drive my 4BW semi-aggressively and it does make a pretty damn good sound on the outside with the exhaust on the loudest setting. The pops on the overrun sound really nice as well. It sounds good enough for me for my daily. I also have a ZL1 with a Borla setup for when I want some real noise.

Fold the rear seats down. I had the same complaints. The Blackwings have to much sound deadening but folding the seats down fixes the issue. It sounds so good inside with it.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a sedan, no?
Not really, most of the time I’m solo. I buy sedans for three main reasons (the purpose) ; I like the look of 4 door vehicles, I like big cars, and I like the ride quality benefits of a long wheelbase.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners