Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My ordering experience

deltagrain

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Just sharing.... because if I were in my shoes I'd want to read this.

Ordered CT5-BW within 48 hours of learning the car existed from seeing it in Jay Leno's garage on YT. That was Aug of 2021. 15 months later after dealer saying "I'm on the list and in the club" nothing. I don't blame the dealer here in Atlanta, it's GM.

Carbon fiber has apparently been the issue all alone, or so I read. I am finally impatient enough that I stripped the CF options to at least ensure I get one. The update is the color is still in discontinued status, despite assurances of sticker the best I can negotiate now is 8k over sticker, and that's *IF* I'll accept an automatic. As if this day in Nov 2022 dealer reports all manuals are on a hold.

I was a hold out for the CF1 and CF2 packages, but finally ready to accept reality. Having ingredients to sacrifice paint is unfortunate but I'll like with a different color. No manual though? That's where I draw the line. I'll just buy a used CTS-V at 50 hp less if we're just going to chip away at everything special about it..... or a Z06 vette, whatever. So infuriated with GM.

That's my gripe/vent. So passionate about the BW too so it's been unfortunate.

Easy to hindsight (just watch me!) but you shoulda bailed on that dealer/got on multiple dealer lists a year ago.

Not just a Caddy thing, folks do it with every in demand sporty car, that works on an allocation basis.

Yes their 'system' is not great, but you have to mitigate against the only way a buyer can, which is multiple irons in the fire.

Easy to hindsight (just watch me!) but you shoulda bailed on that dealer/got on multiple dealer lists a year ago.

Not just a Caddy thing, folks do it with every in demand sporty car, that works on an allocation basis.

Yes their 'system' is not great, but you have to mitigate against the only way a buyer can, which is multiple irons in the fire.
100% - the first dealer I contacted strung me along and gave wildly inconsistent and occasionally fishy information about things like deposit and ADM, and would never directly answer the question about how many allocations they were expecting. I was perennially 'next in line', and it became obvious pretty quickly this dealer just wasn't getting any.

It was just random dumb luck that the day I called another dealer they had an allocation that someone had just bailed on an hour before. It's really annoying to have to play these games, because the car being 'hard to get' doesn't enhance my satisfaction with owning and driving it one iota.

The way the economy seems to be trending, you may be able to pick up lightly used under MSRP that someone else ate the ADM on, if there are any 'flippers' out there hodling these as investment cars...

Good tip, really. Guess I had faith in the system. First time ordering a 6 figure car. Never had the means before.

Might need to call around the country..... but still.... more of a GM issue than dealer, in my opinion.

Engineers and design teams have truly impressed me and brought to light what talents they possess via different models amd even brands within. Production and management though? The company's own downfall.

Good tip, really. Guess I had faith in the system. First time ordering a 6 figure car. Never had the means before.

Might need to call around the country..... but still.... more of a GM issue than dealer, in my opinion.
Its pretty much the same scenario if you want to order a vehicle in demand from any OEM, so its not a GM only issue.

When i ordered my M3 early this year, i was on 6 dealer waitlists for a MSRP allocation. I got mine within a few weeks but i know people who waited for more than 6 months. And M3 production numbers are way higher than 5BW.

I would say your dealer was the first disappointment. We don't don't know where you were on the "list" or how many allocations they received. Most people eventually learned to hedge their bets with multiple dealers. As time went on GM did have (still has) supply and transport issues causing delays. It all ends up being the Goat Rodeo.

Just sharing.... because if I were in my shoes I'd want to read this.

Ordered CT5-BW within 48 hours of learning the car existed from seeing it in Jay Leno's garage on YT. That was Aug of 2021. 15 months later after dealer saying "I'm on the list and in the club" nothing. I don't blame the dealer here in Atlanta, it's GM.

Carbon fiber has apparently been the issue all alone, or so I read. I am finally impatient enough that I stripped the CF options to at least ensure I get one. The update is the color is still in discontinued status, despite assurances of sticker the best I can negotiate now is 8k over sticker, and that's *IF* I'll accept an automatic. As if this day in Nov 2022 dealer reports all manuals are on a hold.

I was a hold out for the CF1 and CF2 packages, but finally ready to accept reality. Having ingredients to sacrifice paint is unfortunate but I'll like with a different color. No manual though? That's where I draw the line. I'll just buy a used CTS-V at 50 hp less if we're just going to chip away at everything special about it..... or a Z06 vette, whatever. So infuriated with GM.

That's my gripe/vent. So passionate about the BW too so it's been unfortunate.
I hear you on the above, been there, done that and saw the movie. BTW I asked my sales guy last night if any known issues getting the 6MT, said he hasn't heard of any constraints.

Granted, I lack empathy in many cases, but my take is this was always presented with the note "extremely limited availability". If you want one, you're going to need to be any one of the following; patient (let's be real here, you can't get on the "where is my 4/5BW train" until your order is allocated, , willing to pay ADM, compromise on packages (like CF1/CF2), and most critically, the tenacity to find a dealer with more allocations than Larry's Cadillac in BFE.

From time to time people post on here that dealer only has an allocation for an A10, not 6M. I don't think that is a real thing, outside of items on constraint (my was built recently with 6M), an allocation is an allocation. When a dealer tells a customer that line, I think its really the dealer (mistakenly) hedging that when the car shows up and you back out (hypothetically of course, who would back out??), it will be easier to sell an A10 that is white/black, sunroof, and related dealer stock order cliches.

I too waited over a year. First contact with dealer gave me a website to add my name and said Cadillac would contact me if/when my allotment was available. After about 8 months of nothing I contacted Cadillac directly and they told me that I should have been in contact with dealer regarding allotments. Dealer showed complete ignorance.
After my rage slightly subsided I started to reach out to dealers around the country. 2 dealers that were within reasonable distance and volume added my name.
I can't tell you how many dealers showed "car in transit" only to find out they were presales. Others showed 6MT on ad but after requesting copy of window sticker found them to be automatic. The remaining dealers were adding 20k ADM regardless of transmission. 1 dealer had a 6MT but refused to sell it to me as I was over the 200 mile radius the have implemented.
I finally was contacted by a dealer in Indiana (I'm in NJ) that I had put an inquiry in to. The car had literally been unloaded. I was accepting at this point that I never was going to get to order the car the way I wanted. I was still so shocked and elated that I was going to get my CT5V Blackwing with a manual transmission after all this aggravation even if I did pay 10k ADM.
I love this fucking car but hate the system.

And 2 weeks after I paid for my car 1 of the local dealers called me regarding a cancellation and had a car for me almost identically outfitted to one I purchased. Feast or famine

Granted, I lack empathy in many cases, but my take is this was always presented with the note "extremely limited availability". If you want one, you're going to need to be any one of the following; patient (let's be real here, you can't get on the "where is my 4/5BW train" until your order is allocated, , willing to pay ADM, compromise on packages (like CF1/CF2), and most critically, the tenacity to find a dealer with more allocations than Larry's Cadillac in BFE.

From time to time people post on here that dealer only has an allocation for an A10, not 6M. I don't think that is a real thing, outside of items on constraint (my was built recently with 6M), an allocation is an allocation. When a dealer tells a customer that line, I think its really the dealer (mistakenly) hedging that when the car shows up and you back out (hypothetically of course, who would back out??), it will be easier to sell an A10 that is white/black, sunroof, and related dealer stock order cliches.
No one wants to hear "Extremely Limited Availability" but it's just a fact.... I'm just glad I had tickets to get on the train before it left the station... Because of my purchases with Cadillac early on I knew the Blackwing was coming and why I have two.....

For anyone waiting i'm sorry but the car is "limited".....

I too waited over a year. First contact with dealer gave me a website to add my name and said Cadillac would contact me if/when my allotment was available. After about 8 months of nothing I contacted Cadillac directly and they told me that I should have been in contact with dealer regarding allotments. Dealer showed complete ignorance.
After my rage slightly subsided I started to reach out to dealers around the country. 2 dealers that were within reasonable distance and volume added my name.
I can't tell you how many dealers showed "car in transit" only to find out they were presales. Others showed 6MT on ad but after requesting copy of window sticker found them to be automatic. The remaining dealers were adding 20k ADM regardless of transmission. 1 dealer had a 6MT but refused to sell it to me as I was over the 200 mile radius the have implemented.
I finally was contacted by a dealer in Indiana (I'm in NJ) that I had put an inquiry in to. The car had literally been unloaded. I was accepting at this point that I never was going to get to order the car the way I wanted. I was still so shocked and elated that I was going to get my CT5V Blackwing with a manual transmission after all this aggravation even if I did pay 10k ADM.
I love this fucking car but hate the system.
I have a similar situation.

Waited for a year, had orders in at two dealers (one local and only! $5K ADM, another in southern CA at MSRP). Both I got impression were not getting allocations (after my perusal of this forum) and heard about the awesome guys at Fremont Cadillac. They had an ADM, but hey, I paid, to play. And it was worth it.

I was so fortunate—I literally contacted them as they got word of their allocation. If you want this car, KEEP calling around. You will likely have to pay an ADM but at this point, as a guy who is now driving his dream car after paying $12k over. Man, this car is the last of its kind. You’ve seen/read the reviews—I have never seen any car get unanimous praise. After driving this car, and paying for it, it was worth every f******g penny!!! Go get your car brother!!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back