Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Mutilated Blackwings (front plates)

marfan

RiftGang
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
5BW
Went to sign for my car today and found this series of travesties. I couldn't bring myself to walk around and check the others but I can only assume more were the same. Mine was fortunately spared. Make sure your salesman/GM/receptionist/porter/everybody knows not to drill your front plate! Can't tell them enough times!

Attachments

• PXL_20211231_153802062.jpg
    PXL_20211231_153802062.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 705
  • PXL_20211231_153814107.jpg
    PXL_20211231_153814107.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 688
Went to sign for my car today and found this series of travesties. I couldn't bring myself to walk around and check the others but I can only assume more were the same. Mine was fortunately spared. Make sure your salesman/GM/receptionist/porter/everybody knows not to drill your front plate! Can't tell them enough times!
Oh WOW I would be so pissed if that was my ride.

Well, those are dealer ordered cars - and the poor bastard who wants to buy them will be scratching their heads asking WHY? There is a law for dealers to put them on - so maybe for their ordered cars it just happens. What a shame.

In states where front plate is required and it's a dealer car....what else are they going to do?

In states where front plate is required and it's a dealer car....what else are they going to do?
Well the dealers I’ve used over the years in NY have always placed the hardware in the trunk and they ask do you want us to install…
When I picked up my AMG in PA in ‘19 they extended the same courtesies…

Supposedly, according to a couple of members of a ATS/CT4 FB group, this is a front license plate tow-hook frame that works with the CT4 Blackwing:

Supposedly, according to a couple of members of a ATS/CT4 FB group, this is a front license plate tow-hook frame that works with the CT4 Blackwing:
I saw that one too on FB. Only problem is I can’t tell if it blocks the cooling vent to the lower intercooler on that side

Anyone know if the EOS bracket works on the 5BW? Doesn’t seem like it would block the air intakes, however, it does seem like it could interfere with the sensors. Also, does the two hook cover just pop off?

I live in NJ, so every car I have owned for the past 20 years has had a front plate. I'm not sure what the big deal is.

I wouldn’t worry about the plate as much as making sure these techs know to lift the car from the damn pinch welds for the PDI. Moly dealer said they knew but they clearly didn’t and bucked my driver side rocker and front fender a bit and I’m livid.

Anyone know if the EOS bracket works on the 5BW? Doesn’t seem like it would block the air intakes, however, it does seem like it could interfere with the sensors. Also, does the two hook cover just pop off?
Should pop off. Most videos I have seen of people taking one off (like by tow truck drivers), use a pocket knife. Makes me cringe every time. Time to put a plastic tool in the emergency tool kit.

Last edited:
A member on FB ordered the EOS tow hook plate for the equinox on his 4BW so that’s what I ordered as well but haven’t installed yet. Looked like very minimal blockage of the air intakes but That’s a solid point on the sensors. Pics of it are somewhere on one the 4V pages on FB from months ago

Just saw this option. May be good if the tow hook mount version interferes with the sensors.
or

I'll probably go for a while without it mounted or just sitting on my dash on the passenger side.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners