Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Mutilated Blackwings (front plates)

I live in NJ, so every car I have owned for the past 20 years has had a front plate. I'm not sure what the big deal is.
Ruins the lines of the car. It's required by law, not baked into the design by engineers.

I was looking at this one.

A downside of that one to me would be it getting trashed (and maybe causing more damage than if it wasn't there) the first time you get into an unexpected chin rash situation (my current ATS has seen a few).

A downside of that one to me would be it getting trashed (and maybe causing more damage than if it wasn't there) the first time you get into an unexpected chin rash situation (my current ATS has seen a few).
Thanks for the heads up. I will keep looking:)

I have the Sto N Sho on my Miata & am very pleased with it. Yes it's a little low. Don't drive into anything with it.
A plus is it's easily removable (quick release).

I was impressed and pleased that my dealer did not attach a front plate bracket. He told me just to zip tie my front plate to the grill when going in for an inspection sticker. I guess I run a small risk of being stopped and ticketed.. but I have the plate in the trunk..

Subscribing to this thread! I ordered a tow hook license plate mount from D3 Cadillac for my V2 way back in 2011 and it worked brilliantly. I was hoping there would be something similar for the 5BW. Seems D3 Cadillac are no longer around...

Subscribing to this thread! I ordered a tow hook license plate mount from D3 Cadillac for my V2 way back in 2011 and it worked brilliantly. I was hoping there would be something similar for the 5BW. Seems D3 Cadillac are no longer around...
I bought the EOS tow hook license plate bracket and the jury is still out. They indicated it would work with/without PDC sensors, but I was unable to find a position that didn't interfere. They were very responsive and sent me a radial arm that attaches to allow for different positioning. I haven't yet installed it as I am awaiting my personalized plates arriving any day now. I will say, I have a tow hook mount from Amazon on my Focus RS and the EOS is MUCH better quality.
1650997647658.png

I bought the EOS tow hook license plate bracket and the jury is still out. They indicated it would work with/without PDC sensors, but I was unable to find a position that didn't interfere. They were very responsive and sent me a radial arm that attaches to allow for different positioning. I haven't yet installed it as I am awaiting my personalized plates arriving any day now. I will say, I have a tow hook mount from Amazon on my Focus RS and the EOS is MUCH better quality.

Thanks @VagonLove - I will check this out. I currently have a Macan with the Rennline mount (which lets you move the plate's position around quite a bit) and there is only one very specific position where it doesn't interfere with the sensors. Someone on the forums posted a picture of exactly how to mount it. If one of us figures it out, let's post a picture/instructions here!

I held my plate in all different locations, but no where did it look decent. IMO, the best was inside the lower grille but I wouldn't feel comfortable blocking that much air flow all the time. I felt anything using the tow hook location would make the plate seem to float randomly. For now, my front plate is still under my backseat floor mat, I think.

After trying multiple positions (with my new personalized plates!) I couldn't get it to not interfere with the PDC sensors, plus the radial arm extension looked goofy. I've gone back to the original EOS solution (no radial arm) for now and I will disable the sensors. I am thinking the long term solution is suck it up and put the OEM mounting bracket on. Damn you, Virginia and your front license plate requirement!
1651019805852.png

After trying multiple positions (with my new personalized plates!) I couldn't get it to not interfere with the PDC sensors, plus the radial arm extension looked goofy. I've gone back to the original EOS solution (no radial arm) for now and I will disable the sensors. I am thinking the long term solution is suck it up and put the OEM mounting bracket on. Damn you, Virginia and your front license plate requirement!
View attachment 8532
Have you looked at Raceseng?

They make one that might work. You'll just need to know the bolt size and thread pitch. Quite a few holes for mounting.

Have you looked at Raceseng?

They make one that might work. You'll just need to know the bolt size and thread pitch. Quite a few holes for mounting.
The EOS has many flexible options (holes, angles) as well, however, I just don’t think the sensors can be completely avoided.

When I bought my 2014 Dodge Challenger, I told the dealer, if I see the front license bracket drilled into my front bumper.....the deal is off. he taped a piece of paper right where the holes get drilled to warn the prep guys. In NY you are required to have a front plate. I attached it to my lower grill area with long drywall toggle bolts. No drilling and can be removed without any problems left behind.

Attachments

• IMG_20190327_145817837_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190327_145817837_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 109
I just bought a suction cup license plate frame off Amazon and put the front plate in the windshield. It doesn’t interfere w my vision at all. The EOS tow hook plate looked terrible and stuck out way too far on top of messing w the sensors

This works so far

Attachments

• AF92559F-DAB9-4A32-89F0-81F1949A9F58.jpeg
    AF92559F-DAB9-4A32-89F0-81F1949A9F58.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 191
Do IL cops find that acceptable?
I drove for 3 months w no plate and then finally decided to get this cuz the EOS plate looked awful and just wasn’t the answer. So far, knock on wood, no cops have turned around after passing me to bother me about it. I mean it shows I’m at least putting in effort lol 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

I drove for 3 months w no plate and then finally decided to get this cuz the EOS plate looked awful and just wasn’t the answer. So far, knock on wood, no cops have turned around after passing me to bother me about it. I mean it shows I’m at least putting in effort lol 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
I hope the legislation does away with the front license plate requirement passes. Not going to take effect for a year or two even if it does, though.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back