Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Mutilated Blackwings (front plates)

14D377E0-ECF1-4BA7-9038-39274361DD3F.jpeg

I haven’t followed that in a couple decades. 5ers have been ok with it for a long time assuming you aren’t doing crazy shit.
I drive like a grandpa lol

I bought the EOS tow hook license plate bracket and the jury is still out. They indicated it would work with/without PDC sensors, but I was unable to find a position that didn't interfere. They were very responsive and sent me a radial arm that attaches to allow for different positioning. I haven't yet installed it as I am awaiting my personalized plates arriving any day now. I will say, I have a tow hook mount from Amazon on my Focus RS and the EOS is MUCH better quality.
View attachment 8525
Thanks to your recommendation, I got the same. Just installed it, so far so good. Thankfully, due to the supply chain SNAFU, I have no front parking sensors... so I can put the plate pretty much where I want 🤣

Attachments

• 87A649BC-9804-4539-9D6E-6770A5534C9D.jpeg
    87A649BC-9804-4539-9D6E-6770A5534C9D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
I dunno. As much as i dont want to drill the bumper, the oem bracket and its placment seems like the best looking option imo.
You could always zip lock it thru the grill if you're not going to the track (and aren't using an automatic paint scraper car wash.)

I never found a good solution so I just left my front plate off. It's actually under the back seat floor mat. I've passed many cops and have had no issues. But I will admit, in my area, higher end cars do get overlooked a lot, in regards to equipment violations. When I had my 04 gto, I had my plate on the dash in the windshield, which is technically illegal too. I only got stopped for it once and even then, the cop said he didn't see it in the window and that if he had, he wouldn't have pulled me over.

Yea…..i think im gonna leave it in the windshield untill i get the ticket. Itll be a good stress test. If i get the fine. Ill get the drill.

^Just get a tow hook bracket. Unless the dealer beats you to it or you're fine having it drilled, it's the easiest thing to do and there are a bunch of options.

^Just get a tow hook bracket. Unless the dealer beats you to it or you're fine having it drilled, it's the easiest thing to do and there are a bunch of options.
Maybe I’m naive on this topic but what’s the benefit of the tow hook bracket? Like TY I think the standard mounting looks way better. Never understood the idea of mounting a plate asymmetrically as a better option.

Is it just to save the drilling and allow for removal for times when you want to run plateless?

Is it just to save the drilling and allow for removal for times when you want to run plateless?
Mostly this.

I myself have always just mounted plates normally, because I live in a state that requires front plates and was driving cars that got unwanted attention from cops (Evos and WRXes).

The BW is the first car that has me thinking about a non-drill alternative. Because there is a real good chance that during my ownership of this car I will be moving to a state that does not require a front plate - and the car has an absolutely gorgeous front end.

Never understood the idea of mounting a plate asymmetrically as a better option.
Evos made offset plates cool.

So now you have people driving WRXes with top mount intercoolers who are driving around with offset plates like Evos (which came that way OEM to provide airflow to their front-mount intercoolers). It's dumb.

But not as dumb as all the Evo guys who replaced their lightweight aluminum hoods with aftermarket carbon fiber hoods that were actually heavier.

And that's the "tuner" culture in a nutshell: spending money to make your car worse.

Yup exactly. Like I said, if you're fine with drilled, then drilled it is, and there's no prob.

But leaving it in the window is worst of all by a mile IMHO (ghetto as hell and also asking for a scratched dash or flying around in an emergency braking situation).
If you are genuinely concerned about tickets (such as nasty meter maids who have the authority to ticket), then a tow hook holder works a charm for that afternoon/evening once in a while you think you may need it.

But leaving it in the window is worst of all by a mile IMHO (ghetto as hell and also asking for a scratched dash or flying around in an emergency braking situation).
So. Much. This.

Ironic AF that people do it for cosmetic reasons when it looks so bad.

Mostly this.

I myself have always just mounted plates normally, because I live in a state that requires front plates and was driving cars that got unwanted attention from cops (Evos and WRXes).

The BW is the first car that has me thinking about a non-drill alternative. Because there is a real good chance that during my ownership of this car I will be moving to a state that does not require a front plate - and the car has an absolutely gorgeous front end.
Sure that makes sense if you may move.

I’ll be stuck in front plates land here in Ontario so figure I’ll just bite the bullet and get it mounted.

I actually don’t hate the look on the 5BW. If I were getting an M3, I might have to think about it. That front end looks (even more) whack with a plate mounted.

These are all very good points. This car is definitely the car you turn around more than once to look at as your walking away from it. It would drive me insane if the plate was offcenter and would ruin that experience for me every single time. I think ill just drill and be done.

Sure that makes sense if you may move.

I’ll be stuck in front plates land here in Ontario so figure I’ll just bite the bullet and get it mounted.

I actually don’t hate the look on the 5BW. If I were getting an M3, I might have to think about it. That front end looks (even more) whack with a plate mounted.

Hey hey hey…..be nice.

Attachments

• 0595D7B2-2139-4CF6-8206-0F6F5B5740EA.jpeg
    0595D7B2-2139-4CF6-8206-0F6F5B5740EA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 117
Its not drilled though haha
Hey I love the G80. Was all set to order a tanzanite blue base model manual until the 5BW details leaked out. Just had to have another V8 + manual while still possible!

The green is sweet too. Awesome pair of cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back