Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

MT Buyers Only: If MT was not available, would you still buy a Blackwing?

If a manual wasn't offered, would you still get/have gotten a Blackwing?

• Total voters
Definitely not. Hardcore manual elitist jerk here...only interested in an MT car as a DD. The availability of a great manual transmission is what will make the Blackwings future classics.

If there was no MT Blackwing, I would have probably kept my Genesis G70 6MT, or possibly a Golf R...though that interior sucks. M3 would have been a possibility, but I think this says it perfectly:

I dont care how good the new M3 drives that beaver tooth sh*t is a hard pass for me.

I had a cool jeep but sold it after I stopped rock crawling... I trailered it everywhere because I could not drive it on the street....
That's no bueno for me. I pack her up and head out for days of wheeling and camping. Having a truck with a trailer parked somewhere is not a good situation for me.

I voted 'definitely not'. Although a great car is more than the sum of its individual parts, in the BW it's an essential part of the recipe for me. The manual makes the car engaging to drive, on top of the raw performance.

Auto only, for similar money I would go for the M3 Comp X-Drive - that car suits an auto perfectly. It's ugly as sin but for performance, it's hard to beat. A high-tech tour-de-force, it will smoke a 5BW in the 0-60 if that's your thing, and requires little from the driver to extract its amazing performance. Even on a technical road course (I drove one at a BMW Track Days event) I could see a poor driver in the M3 edging out an average driver in a Blackwing.

I did actually have one on order (a 50 Jahre edition) but after thinking it over, I felt like the tactile/fun experience of the manual in the Blackwing would be less likely to leave me bored a couple years down the line, once the novelty of the performance fades.

This. I voted 'probably not', but auto only, I would have given the M3 Comp, E63, M5 a lot harder look as it's hard to argue with AWD and nicer interior, etc. I also drove an M3 Comp on track at the BMW track day event at COTA and it was quite nice. Very strong power, great shifting from the ZF, nice balance, very stable, etc. 503hp my butt. That S58 nuclear bomb has to be making WAY more than that.

Love my 5BW six-speed, but it is definitely traction limited in 1st and 2nd which takes away some of the around town fun (unless you just liking burning up Michelins). :D

Definitely not. Hardcore manual elitist jerk here...only interested in an MT car as a DD. The availability of a great manual transmission is what will make the Blackwings future classics.

If there was no MT Blackwing, I would have probably kept my Genesis G70 6MT, or possibly a Golf R...though that interior sucks. M3 would have been a possibility, but I think this says it perfectly:
you can forget about a lot of things once you actually drive it.

Think of the looks as that one girl that's always hitting on you at the bar and how it drives as a 12 pack you drank too fast. Beer goggles without the beer :beer

I had a cool jeep but sold it after I stopped rock crawling... I trailered it everywhere because I could not drive it on the street....
Blue Mule = priceless ;)

Blue Mule = priceless ;)
1659631205027.png

I'm only here cuz of the manual. I originally was going to go electric with the BMW i4 and keep my manual 2.0T ATS as a fun car. I'm not an elitist manual jerk but if you don't agree that manual is the only way to drive.... You're wrong. Oh wait that makes me sound like an elitist manual jerk

I can only justify two vehicles and my other one is a heavily modded Jeep also with MT, and no plans to sell. The Jeep would be too brutal for a long commute.

I did the commute deal for many years in LA and Bay Area, all in MT RX-7s and later an RX-8. But once I got a level 2 car it’s really hard to go back for stop-and-go freeway driving. It really makes the whole experience quite different and not as draining.

But, I left LA 10 years ago and don’t have the commute or heavy traffic concerns. Hence the BW is a viable 2nd. I use both the Jeep and my car. When it rains the streets flood and I take the Jeep.
Makes sense.

I've had the same commute for 24yrs(469k mi) SFV to LA and back, drove different audi's and porsches with different tranny's etc. I've become numb, I did it for the past 3 years in a tesla model s 100d, hated nearly every minute of it.

This. I voted 'probably not', but auto only, I would have given the M3 Comp, E63, M5 a lot harder look as it's hard to argue with AWD and nicer interior, etc. I also drove an M3 Comp on track at the BMW track day event at COTA and it was quite nice. Very strong power, great shifting from the ZF, nice balance, very stable, etc. 503hp my butt. That S58 nuclear bomb has to be making WAY more than that.

Love my 5BW six-speed, but it is definitely traction limited in 1st and 2nd which takes away some of the around town fun (unless you just liking burning up Michelins). :D
DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

Manual, supercharged, V8. Take away any one of the three and I would have looked elsewhere. Kept my S6, looked for a used manual S4 but probably would have ordered a manual M3. The dark grey does a fair job of hiding the nose.

There are a couple of aftermarket grills now for the G80 that go a long ways to fix the look.

I'm only here cuz of the manual. I originally was going to go electric with the BMW i4 and keep my manual 2.0T ATS as a fun car. I'm not an elitist manual jerk but if you don't agree that manual is the only way to drive.... You're wrong. Oh wait that makes me sound like an elitist manual jerk
Come to the dark side.

I picked up a new Wrangler 392 to get me through the next winter because I'm pretty sure I won't get my Blackwing until Spring next year.

It has given me a new appreciation for Jeeps, or at least the notion that they need to come with bigger tires and a lift because I hate the regular Wrangler on tiny tires.

I picked up a new Wrangler 392 to get me through the next winter because I'm pretty sure I won't get my Blackwing until Spring next year.

It has given me a new appreciation for Jeeps, or at least the notion that they need to come with bigger tires and a lift because I hate the regular Wrangler on tiny tires.
Ive not seen one in person yet but I bet they are cool!

Simple answer is both versions are fun, I’ve driven sticks for 40 year and tired of rowing gears! I wanted D for DUMMY so I could full throttle and just worry about steering input(age). Everyone has different wants and that’s what makes the world go round.( not sure on that anymore). We have 23 ordered in stick form I’ll be honest can’t imagine to be any more than what we have now.
JM2C
To be continued!

Ive not seen one in person yet but I bet they are cool!

Almost impossible to tell them apart from a regular Wrangler besides a 392 badge on the hood and 4 smaller curved exhaust outlets tucked under the rear bumper. They sound freaking amazing. Definitely not a sound you expect from a Wrangler. Sweet rides.

Almost impossible to tell them apart from a regular Wrangler besides a 392 badge on the hood and 4 smaller curved exhaust outlets tucked under the rear bumper. They sound freaking amazing. Definitely not a sound you expect from a Wrangler. Sweet rides.
And not available with a MT. That’s what stopped me cold in my tracks, and thankfully since now I have my 5BW. And a heavily modded 2014 JKU. A real dog in town, but she does fine off-road with the 3.6. I would have a hard time beating up a $80K Jeep. Mine was less than $30K new and pretty well desert pinstriped.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back