Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

MT Buyers Only: If MT was not available, would you still buy a Blackwing?

If a manual wasn't offered, would you still get/have gotten a Blackwing?

• Total voters
Not a chance I would’ve purchased without the option for a manual. Bought mine as the ultimate “dadmobile” and figured it would be the last chance in my lifetime to own a new car like this. Probably would’ve ended up with an f80 m3 daily and a zl1 or grand sport track toy instead.

a manual transmission is a must. I don't care for traffic, crunchy knee... wife knows it....I will ride motorcycle or if I am not enjoying the ride, I will go for the least expensive appliance... Yes, to a ridiculous degree, I own a freaking meter maid cart that I occasionally commute 140 miles in...I test drove Last CTS Vi believe, nice car but could not care less, walked across the street and got a Trackhawk for the wife. Tried to fit in last gen essentially brand new viper ACR - i could not fit ( shoulder width). M5 stopped with manual tranny, new vet no manual, and I really looking for a 4 door. Another option was to get a wide body helcat charger and manul swap it.... so I was not gonna buy anything, maybe a few more motorcycles and scooters for variety, but caddy came out with manual. wish it had more flare/ hood scoop, but I will take it as is, unless GM drops the ball.

Without a m/t I wouldn't be in the market for a car. The fact that these bw's are done so well and with such glowing reviews convinced me to upgrade from 13 bmw 535. I'd be keeping the bmw otherwise. I thought about the new Integra but then I saw it and decided it wasn't for me. Disappointing as I thought it would be a great car for me. Maybe I just wanted a little more luxury than what the acura has to offer.

Without a m/t I wouldn't be in the market for a car. The fact that these bw's are done so well and with such glowing reviews convinced me to upgrade from 13 bmw 535. I'd be keeping the bmw otherwise. I thought about the new Integra but then I saw it and decided it wasn't for me. Disappointing as I thought it would be a great car for me. Maybe I just wanted a little more luxury than what the acura has to offer.
Same here ...I would have just hung on to my Golf R manual (sweet daily) but the BW was too good to pass up

Ev of some sort or an RS3 or a used M5?

Bumping this so people will stop pooping up the Order Tracking thread with this debate.

Buying this car was all about a modern manual transmission sports car from Cadillac.. There aren't too many manual cars left these days and I feel that the M3 is everywhere, whereas this car is more unique & unknown. Although I do love that orange interior that bmw offers as an interior color :sneaky:

You couldn't give me that M3 with that hideous grill. Funny how some say it looks better in person, yeah okay pal..... no thank you
I liked the M3 grill and seriously considered the M3 manual. Allocations of the M3 were in short supply, and more expensive. I read that the 4BW is an excellent vehicle, although some journalists have faulted the 3.6 l. I have found the 3.6 excellent, the 6 spd manual great...I love the vehicle and am only worried about future parts availability. Love it though.

This. I voted 'probably not', but auto only, I would have given the M3 Comp, E63, M5 a lot harder look as it's hard to argue with AWD and nicer interior, etc. I also drove an M3 Comp on track at the BMW track day event at COTA and it was quite nice. Very strong power, great shifting from the ZF, nice balance, very stable, etc. 503hp my butt. That S58 nuclear bomb has to be making WAY more than that.

Love my 5BW six-speed, but it is definitely traction limited in 1st and 2nd which takes away some of the around town fun (unless you just liking burning up Michelins). :D
I had a 2010 Mitsubishi Evo with the auto transmission. It was a really good transmission as far as upshifting and downshifting, really good. (Dual automated clutch and all). You could throw it through the corners and it just grabbed on to everything. It was a really good vehicle, but I just purchased the 6spd 4BW, and it's a lot of fun. The rear end can get a little slippery but its great to just nail a second gear scratch. It's just so old school...but better. I probably wouldn't have sold the Evo if it were a manual transmission....just don't know. Level of refinement in the 4BW is much higher (rear seat room is about the same...).

I realize this poll is still a small sample size and the data is probably skewed toward enthusiasts who would frequent a car forum but it is still nice to see some love for the manual transmission. It looks like they are building about 40% manual 60% auto, which is nice to see.

I would not have purchased this car without a manual transmission. I am sure it is great with the A10 but I needed more engagement. I had the A10 in my ZL1. Great transmission, super quick shifts, always knows the right gear to be in, etc. but not enough engagement. You can trying playing with the paddles but there are too many gears so tightly spaced together you are just slowing the car down by messing with them.

I was looking for a manual after making the mistake of selling my manual SS. Plus my daughter wants to learn how to drive a stick so that helps. Also last of the ICE hot rod Cadillacs.

Im coming from a 801whp V3. Got bored with paddle shifts. If they gave that damn thing a manual option, I would have kept it. The 5BW doesnt look as sharp but the handling, M6 and interior makes up for it.
If I wanted an auto, I would have just kept that. Or get a M5 CS.

Attachments

• IMG_1181.MOV
    11.3 MB
The manual transmission was a big challenge to implement but the team understood it's customers well and had plenty of data to show it will succeed. Our leaders all the way to the top understood what this meant and were behind it. In the end the mission was to make the worlds best drivers luxury sports sedans. What better luxury than to allow customers to pick how they want to drive it!

The manual transmission was a big challenge to implement but the team understood it's customers well and had plenty of data to show it will succeed.
I'm a lone data point, but I've owned nothing but Japanese cars since 1988. And if the 4BW did not have a manual available, I'd be on the waiting list for a Honda Civic Type R right now.

I'm a lone data point, but I've owned nothing but Japanese cars since 1988. And if the 4BW did not have a manual available, I'd be on the waiting list for a Honda Civic Type R right now.
Good to see you back. Haven't seen you post in a while. Hope all is well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back