Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

MT Buyers Only: If MT was not available, would you still buy a Blackwing?

If a manual wasn't offered, would you still get/have gotten a Blackwing?

• Total voters
I voted definitely not. Major requirement for me is a manual transmission. I'm not ready to give up driving a manual yet and every car the last 20+ years has been a manual.

Coming from three generations of BMW M3, if the Blackwing did not offer a manual, I would have simply proceeded to buy a G80/2022 M3 Sedan, even if the looks are less pleasing.

Only two cases where I would consider an AT: 1) had an injury that prevented me from using the clutch, 2) lived in a city like LA and had a long commute where I would like level 2 capability. But, for case 2 I would not be buying a 5BW, because at that point there are much more luxurious options that don't get 10mpg. For case 1, same as case 2, no BW.

Last edited:
This question is only for those who are getting an MT. If an MT wasn't offered, would you still get a Blackwing or something else?

Depending on the results, this ought to send a message to Cadillac that they did the right thing by going through the trouble to offer a manual, as you can likely see from the take rates.
I'm in the 62 percental! Manual or go home, that's my $.02 :Steer

Nope. Would have kept my Bullitt.
0326DC55-5E0E-4C1E-A602-52A7290688FB.jpeg

Yea that RS3 starts to look real tempting if I was going auto.

And I dont care how good the new M3 drives that beaver tooth sh*t is a hard pass for me.
You couldn't give me that M3 with that hideous grill. Funny how some say it looks better in person, yeah okay pal..... no thank you

My original order was for the automatic. I'd gotten used to driving auto with my ISF, but for how much I put it in manual mode, that was the big sign. So I switched to stick and have no regrets.

Definitely not. I skipped the CTS-V because of auto and would have done the same with BW.
If I was forced to get an auto, I would have gone with European sedan or X5m Competition.

I'm torn in between probably not and definitely not. IF they had offered a wagon and only auto then I probably still would've gotten one but if they had offered a wagon with manual then I'd be in heaven.

IMO, the 6spd RWD is what sets it apart and makes it truly unique and that is not to take anything away from the auto.

Only two cases where I would consider an AT: 1) had an injury that prevented me from using the clutch, 2) lived in a city like LA and had a long commute where I would like level 2 capability. But, for case 2 I would not be buying a 5BW, because at that point there are much more luxurious options that don't get 10mpg. For case 1, same as case 2, no BW.
I'm #2, 75mi round trip but tbf the 5BW isn't my daily.

I'm #2, 75mi round trip but tbf the 5BW isn't my daily.
I can only justify two vehicles and my other one is a heavily modded Jeep also with MT, and no plans to sell. The Jeep would be too brutal for a long commute.

I did the commute deal for many years in LA and Bay Area, all in MT RX-7s and later an RX-8. But once I got a level 2 car it’s really hard to go back for stop-and-go freeway driving. It really makes the whole experience quite different and not as draining.

But, I left LA 10 years ago and don’t have the commute or heavy traffic concerns. Hence the BW is a viable 2nd. I use both the Jeep and my car. When it rains the streets flood and I take the Jeep.

Side note: Coming from a (tuned) 2019 Audi RS3- I will never buy again a front wheel drive car. It sucks all the fun Out of it.
To the question: no MT no BW.

Last edited:
I can only justify two vehicles and my other one is a heavily modded Jeep also with MT, and no plans to sell. The Jeep would be too brutal for a long commute.

I did the commute deal for many years in LA and Bay Area, all in MT RX-7s and later an RX-8. But once I got a level 2 car it’s really hard to go back for stop-and-go freeway driving. It really makes the whole experience quite different and not as draining.

But, I left LA 10 years ago and don’t have the commute or heavy traffic concerns. Hence the BW is a viable 2nd. I use both the Jeep and my car. When it rains the streets flood and I take the Jeep.
Would love to see pics of the jeep....

That's an excellent question.
I probably just would have kept my V3 if the BW was auto only.
Exactly my thoughts although I never owned a V3 I would have tried to get one of the last year models. V3's look just as good IMHO and have better rear seat features.

I voted "definitely not," but if they offered a DCT comparable to what's in the C8 along with (or in leu of) the 10-speed auto...

Outside of racing sims, I've never driven a DCT car and it's definitely on by bucket list. A Z06 powered Super Caddy with a DCT? Sounds like a great way to pop that particular cherry.
sorry but what's a DCT? I'm blanking...:LOL:

Here you go, ass end shot, since I know you like those kinda photos.

Jeep-Back-Mt-Lemmon-edit.jpg
I had a cool jeep but sold it after I stopped rock crawling... I trailered it everywhere because I could not drive it on the street....

Attachments

• IMG_0023_zpse624de94.jpg
    IMG_0023_zpse624de94.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5534.JPG
    IMG_5534.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 77

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed