Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

More Aggressive CT5-V Blackwing Carbon Front Splitter

IMG_1835.jpeg

Look what I just got from @Terrance Sig :) The sun is low in the sky so the lighting kinda sucks. But it's here and it's gorgeous. I'm not going to try and install it until the 3D printed fender wickers are here. So it'll sit in my garage waiting. Looking forward to seeing it on the car though!

I hear fingernails on a chalkboard...

Please tell me that is on a blanket and not asphalt?

I hear fingernails on a chalkboard...

Please tell me that is on a blanket and not asphalt?

It's asphalt, and we know how delicate carbon fiber is. Right?

Oh wait... it's actually tough as fuck. Never mind. ;-)

Received mine as well. Too impatient to wait for the wickers. Had to get it fitted to see the outcome. Terrance, incredible job on this piece. Absolute OEM fitment and quality. I’ve dabbled in a few top tier carbon company’s with my M cars, and this is up there with the best in terms of quality and fitment. Can’t wait to get my rear spoiler.

As for install. Not hard but not quick. All 3 undertray pieces need to come off to access the clips that hold the lip on. Some pics during the process:

Attachments

• IMG_2476.jpeg
    IMG_2476.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2477.jpeg
    IMG_2477.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2480.jpeg
    IMG_2480.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2482.jpeg
    IMG_2482.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2484.jpeg
    IMG_2484.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2485.jpeg
    IMG_2485.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 140
Received mine as well. Too impatient to wait for the wickers. Had to get it fitted to see the outcome.

That looks great on your car. I'm tempted to put mine on, too, but I think I'd rather wait till the wickers come in so I'm under the car once vs twice.

And I see you're a fellow Virginian, too.

It's asphalt, and we know how delicate carbon fiber is. Right?

Oh wait... it's actually tough as fuck. Never mind. ;-)
More power to you broski. Tough or not, I'd be worried about scratching it. Yes I know its the bottom. Two years of ownership here and the bottom of mine is still spotless.

That looks great on your car. I'm tempted to put mine on, too, but I think I'd rather wait till the wickers come in so I'm under the car once vs twice.

And I see you're a fellow Virginian, too.
Nice! I’m in Chesapeake.

And I completely understand. Efficiency would have been to wait, but I had a window and had to dive in. I think the wickers will really seal the deal on this.

Nice! I’m in Chesapeake.

And I completely understand. Efficiency would have been to wait, but I had a window and had to dive in. I think the wickers will really seal the deal on this.
Were the plastic temporary wickers not included to provide an idea of the overall package? I'm curious on how they will go together at the bottom where they meet with the way it's cut back on the splitter.

More power to you broski. Tough or not, I'd be worried about scratching it. Yes I know its the bottom.

It's worth a worry if I'd dragged it along the asphalt or dropped it out of its box. I did neither. I merely set it down to snap the pic while standing over it.

Oh, and it's got a handy coating of PPF on it, too. ;-)

View attachment 22744

Look what I just got from @Terrance Sig :) The sun is low in the sky so the lighting kinda sucks. But it's here and it's gorgeous. I'm not going to try and install it until the 3D printed fender wickers are here. So it'll sit in my garage waiting. Looking forward to seeing it on the car though!
Nice. place it on the asphalt! Had to chime in on this stupid shit...... this douche just did! Sorry folks, keep up the good work! Still here! somewhere! It's a little boring at times! Till the Tech heavyweights check in, you know who you are! Then the reads get real and very good IMHO! Thank you! Happy Holidays and please do not put a new Carbon Fiber Lip on asphalt. There is a better way.

@jvp I had to blast that! No hard feelings, hopefully. Miles and smiles!

It's worth a worry if I'd dragged it along the asphalt or dropped it out of its box. I did neither. I merely set it down to snap the pic while standing over it.

Oh, and it's got a handy coating of PPF on it, too. ;-)
Didn’t seem that mine had any PPF on it. Can you for sure tell that yours has it installed? I’m familiar with PPF as I’ve installed it DIY on other cars, just didn’t seem to have the texture that I’m used to.

Didn’t seem that mine had any PPF on it. Can you for sure tell that yours has it installed? I’m familiar with PPF as I’ve installed it DIY on other cars, just didn’t seem to have the texture that I’m used to.

I hope so...from the website...

Each splitter is built to order while being hand laid and shipped from the U.S. Once completed they are clear coated, polished, and come with paint protection film pre-installed.

It will be easy to tell if there is PPF due to the sharp corners on the part.

I hope so...from the website...

Each splitter is built to order while being hand laid and shipped from the U.S. Once completed they are clear coated, polished, and come with paint protection film pre-installed.
That’s what I thought. But I’m confident my splitter has zero PPF.

Mine arrived cracked. Looks like UPS set something heavy on the box and it smashed the box. So that should be fun dealing with. Also, mine does not have any PPF on it either.

Mine arrived cracked. Looks like UPS set something heavy on the box and it smashed the box. So that should be fun dealing with. Also, mine does not have any PPF on it either.
Hopefully, it was sent with an insured value. 🤞

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners