Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

More Aggressive CT5-V Blackwing Carbon Front Splitter

Mine arrived cracked. Looks like UPS set something heavy on the box and it smashed the box. So that should be fun dealing with. Also, mine does not have any PPF on it either.
Ugh that really sucks. Sorry to hear.

Is it just a clear coat crack, or is the carbon structure actually damaged?

That’s what I thought. But I’m confident my splitter has zero PPF.
I will double check to be sure the PPF was installed. They should all have them on there
Mine arrived cracked. Looks like UPS set something heavy on the box and it smashed the box. So that should be fun dealing with. Also, mine does not have any PPF on it either.
Yours was the only one that got damaged so far. I think we should be good with the claim given the boxes and packaging, but a replacement will get there.

Got version one of the wickers on today. Although I had to find a new 3D print contact, they are actually really good quality and a fast lead time. I will make the changes I need and then I should be able to get these out to you all until the carbon ones are priced and built.

Pics are hard to see, but you get the idea. I will take better ones with the final revision

IMG_3043.JPG

Received mine as well. Too impatient to wait for the wickers. Had to get it fitted to see the outcome. Terrance, incredible job on this piece. Absolute OEM fitment and quality. I’ve dabbled in a few top tier carbon company’s with my M cars, and this is up there with the best in terms of quality and fitment. Can’t wait to get my rear spoiler.

As for install. Not hard but not quick. All 3 undertray pieces need to come off to access the clips that hold the lip on. Some pics during the process:
Any observations for the install? Pretty straightforward just tedious?

I will double check to be sure the PPF was installed. They should all have them on there

Yours was the only one that got damaged so far. I think we should be good with the claim given the boxes and packaging, but a replacement will get there.

Got version one of the wickers on today. Although I had to find a new 3D print contact, they are actually really good quality and a fast lead time. I will make the changes I need and then I should be able to get these out to you all until the carbon ones are priced and built.

Pics are hard to see, but you get the idea. I will take better ones with the final revision

View attachment 22788
I triple verified today, definitely no film on mine.

Those wickers look fantastic man! Look forward to getting those.

Any observations for the install? Pretty straightforward just tedious?
Very straight forward, just time consuming with the amount of fasteners that need to be removed. Having the front end up (I used ramps) is a must. Once you get a visual of the underside, it’s pretty self explanatory. The center and both outboard under trays need to be removed. Once those drop down out of the way, you’ll see the white press clips that keep the lip seated against the bumper. Pop all of those out, remove the fasteners from the underside of the lip, and the lip can be pulled off the bumper. Install is all of this backwards. Thankfully Terrance’s lip is spot on with fitment, so lining everything up and refastening is easy.

One item of note: I recommend taping the bumper just above where the lip mounts for paint protection. When installing the carbon lip, it can easy scratch the painted surface due to how sharp the carbon edges are. I didn’t even think of this, and made contact during initial alignment. Little scratch that I can easily correct, but taping is a safer move.

a couple of photos with the under trays removed and the white clips I mentioned.
IMG_2483.jpeg
IMG_2479.jpeg

Mine showed up and looks great but we will be shipping them back to Terrance for ppf and slight modification.

Attachments

• 20231115_184550.jpg
    20231115_184550.jpg
    10.9 MB · Views: 66
No, I was wondering the same thing. I emailed Terrance but have not gotten a response as of yet!🤷‍♂️

Final revision on the wicker is in and installed. Looks like I can get these quoted up in Carbon next to finalize the package.

Quick pic of the revisions compared to OEM. I will share installed pics shortly.

IMG_3185.jpeg

Anyone gotten their return label yet?

No, I was wondering the same thing. I emailed Terrance but have not gotten a response as of yet!🤷‍♂️
You guys will see those this week.

Those look great Terrance. Assuming the printed version will be sent out to us?
Yes, but I am going to see how far out the carbon version will be. It might not make sense to have them made and shipped if they will get chucked shortly after.

Blackwing Splitter Wicker-6.jpg
Blackwing Splitter Wicker-7.jpg
Blackwing Splitter Wicker-8.jpg
Blackwing Splitter Wicker-9.jpg
Blackwing Splitter Wicker-5.jpg

I finally have a car in production and just placed an order for the splitter / spoiler. Any estimate on current lead times for recent orders?

I finally have a car in production and just placed an order for the splitter / spoiler. Any estimate on current lead times for recent orders?
Congratulations man! I have a few spoilers all laid up. I am anticipating end of January. Mainly due to the wickers starting to have the molds made. Then I can ship complete packages.

How are we doing with the splitters we returned? Do you have info on the cost of the wickers?
Doing good. Probably see them with wickers middle of January. I would anticipate $800 for the pair of the wickers, which is really good.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back