Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Kyle from 1320 bought a 2023 CT5BW A10 and took it to raceweek for a friendly competition with his employees. You need to skip around to find the BW 1/4 runs.

Just received the Nov issue in the mail. I can't wait to read the articles. Really good video, thanks for posting.

I must say, I too love this car (he says adore). I feel blessed to own one. I don't care about a few "cheap" plastic parts. I have no "fit and finish" issues per se. It's just a total blast to drive. I kind of wish I could buy another one as a DD, but that would never get past the board of directors.

3 articles on their long-term tester. Think they're gonna miss it? A bummer about the blown engine, which seems like an anomaly but still taints an otherwise glowing review (I know there are a couple of others on this board, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't sound like a common problem). Also mildly bummed they had the heaviest manual configuration (steels + sunroof).

Last edited:

3 articles on their long-term tester. Think they're gonna miss it? A bummer about the blown engine, which seems like an anomaly but still taints an otherwise glowing review (I know there are a couple of others on this board, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't sound like a common problem).
GM even said that failure was the first of its kind. That's what a warranty is for I guess...

And for some negativity:

I don't agree with the statement dealers won't negotiate on price (on the CT4 BW). I've listed a local dealer with over 20 on the lot, all marked down $3k including the manual track version. Maybe not the case in NY. I've never seen a 4BW asking for $105k from a dealer, especially not in 2023. Also complains about bad trade-in offers (just sell your own car...?), no aftermarket support, and cheap materials. Says no carbon fiber active aero while pointing to the CF1&2 Road Atlanta. All in all, I think a poorly researched video, and from someone who touts auto content creation as their thing.

And for some negativity:

I don't agree with the statement dealers won't negotiate on price (on the CT4 BW). I've listed a local dealer with over 20 on the lot, all marked down $3k including the manual track version. Maybe not the case in NY. I've never seen a 4BW asking for $105k from a dealer, especially not in 2023. Also complains about bad trade-in offers (just sell your own car...?), no aftermarket support, and cheap materials. Says no carbon fiber active aero while pointing to the CF1&2 Road Atlanta. All in all, I think a poorly researched video, and from someone who touts auto content creation as their thing.
Kind of the problem these days…everyone has a podium and there’s TOO much in unknowledgeable content to sort through.

And for some negativity:

Just yesterday another poster who I guess works at a dealership wrote "We got a 23 Atlanta edition we are giving big discounts on. Those things are so hard to sell."

The bottom line main reason the guy passed was he could not get a deal. If he found a dealer that offered him 8 or 6 or 4k off, he would have got the Blackwing. So it is a money thing. This car, like so many other things in life, is not for everyone. When I buy a car or truck or another product, I decide what I want and then go for my best deal. I don't ever switch to a second choice because it is cheaper. I never paid MSRP for a vehicle in my life before, but that is what it took when I bought mine and I was OK with that because it was what I wanted. 10k off an Alfa would not have swayed my choice.

As for the exhaust system and other "cheap GM parts bin" stuff. it is the best driving car in the segment. I don't care what GM is using, it all adds up to success for me.

And for some negativity:

As a former Alfa Giulia owner and current Alfa Stelvio owner... the BW and the Alfas are on the exact same tier of interior quality.

There are pieces in the Alfa (volume knob, center console) that are Fisher-Price tier plastics and those are both pretty important touch points.

The interior tech is also miles behind. The center screen is pretty laggy.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back