Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

He said the color Isn’t good for that car. That color is awesome. This review was too critical in my opinion
I have Shadow and love it.

He says a lot of negative things about the car and then at the end summarizes by saying he would buy one and expects to pay above MSRP. He doesn’t seem to have much specific knowledge about the car and a lot of opinions.

I have Shadow and love it.

He says a lot of negative things about the car and then at the end summarizes by saying he would buy one and expects to pay above MSRP. He doesn’t seem to have much specific knowledge about the car and a lot of opinions.

I actually thought it was one of the most accurate and balanced reviews of the CT5 V blackwing out there.

I agree with every single one of his criticisms of the car.

Too many reviews for the car are just trying to one up themselves on how much they can praise it, but his criticisms are real. He isn't just swinging from this car's nuts for 20 minutes like most youtube reviewers have.

He drove the 4BW before the 5BW and all reviewers have agreed that the 4BW feels much smaller and nimbler than the 5BW (because it is). I agree with him that the steering is pretty light and I'd even go further to say that feedback is only okay but not amazing. Finally his assertion that it's a little under damped at the stiffest sitting is something I agree with. I felt that the wheel control wasn't that amazing on the 5BW, for example my wife's x3m comp has much better wheel control and I've mentioned that before. I suspected it's because the engineers tuned the shocks for the CCBs unsprung weight and without the CCBs the control suffers a bit.

He clearly has done his research on this car. He knows about the constraints on the CF packages, he knows that infrared got discontinued.

Last edited:
Honestly I think the Blackwings look good/great in all the colors available. It was pretty hard more me to pick which color I wanted, especially after seeing everyone's pics on here.

I actually thought it was one of the most accurate and balanced reviews of the CT5 V blackwing out there.

Too many reviews for the car are just trying to one up themselves on how much they can praise it, but his criticisms are real. He isn't just swinging from this car's nuts for 20 minutes like most youtube reviewers have.
My point is that most of the review is based on opinion without much comparison and reference points. How many miles did he drive and what type of roads, city, freeway, track, dirt roads? How many days did he have the car. All these things are relevant in order to gauge the validity of the review. He says the car was developed with a minuscule budget, but provides zero facts to back it up. The whole review is full of stuff like that, opinions with no facts.

If he had to drive some of the roads I do in Arizona, he wouldn’t say the suspension is too soft. Sometimes it feels like i’m driving a car without shocks. I had KW V3s on my S4, so I know what firm feels like. So maybe the suspension is not a good track setup, he should say that is the reference point and compare to other vehicles he tracked. Most people will spend little to no time at the track so that needs to be taken into consideration.

I do agree that the info system and digital dash is way behind the times, but I knew that going in. I can say that because I owned a 2019 AMG E53 for three years and have a comparison point. Mercedes dash tech is pretty good.

As they say, opinions are like assholes, some just smell worse than others.

Strictly speculation on my part but I heard the ‘24 C8 is going to get an improved cluster. I wonder if that’s going to be offered in the Blackwing as well.

He drove the 4BW before the 5BW and all reviewers have agreed that the 4BW feels much smaller and nimber than the 5BW (because it is). I agree with him that the steering is pretty light and I'd even go further to say that feedback is only okay but not amazing. Finally his assertion that it's a little under damped at the stiffest sitting is something I agree with. I felt that the wheel control wasn't that amazing on the 5BW, for example my wife's x3m comp has much better wheel control and I've mentioned that before. I suspected it's because the engineers tuned the shocks for the CCBs unsprung weight and without the CCBs the control suffers a bit.

He clearly has done his research on this car. He knows about the constraints on the CF packages, he knows that infrared got discontinued.
Clearly done his research? He thinks sky cool gray seats are actually gray. He doesn’t even realize the 4 seats are available on the 5. If you think this is the most accurate review you haven’t seen many. Watch the savagegeese one.

The only thing he seemed to get right that some others have gotten wrong are the caliper color matched keys.

Also how is orange not listed by him when he’s going on his color rant?!

Clearly done his research? He thinks sky cool gray seats are actually gray. He doesn’t even realize the 4 seats are available on the 5. If you think this is the most accurate review you haven’t seen many. Watch the savagegeese one.

The only thing he seemed to get right that some others have gotten wrong are the caliper color matched keys.

Also how is orange not listed by him when he’s going on his color rant?!

I've basically seen every review on the car and his review best matches the reality of the car rather than the internet hype. Sky grey isn't grey? It looks like a light grey to me.

Also this review mentioned which colors were produced in the most abundance. That's something I've only seen here on the registry. He could have also gotten the data from dealers, but still that's detail that other reviews have not mentioned

This car will continue to get reviewed as the years go on and I think it's original luster to reviewers is going to wane. It's going to lose some comparisons in the future, it might drop off some 10 best lists. It's a great car, but it's got some flaws in the way it drives (understeer, feels large and heavy, not great wheel control, wooden brake feel when pushed). Some reviewers have mentioned some or all of those things, but overlooked it because last v8 manual sedan. Once the novelty of that wears off, expect to see more and more critical reviews.

Last edited:
I've basically seen every review on the car and his review best matches the reality of the car rather than the internet hype. Sky grey isn't grey? It looks like a light grey to me.

This car will continue to get reviewed as the years go on and I think it's original luster to reviewers is going to wane. It's going to lose some comparisons in the future, it might drop off some 10 best lists. It's a great car, but it's got some flaws in the way it drives (understeer, feels large and heavy, not great wheel control, wooden brake feel when pushed). Some reviewers have mentioned some or all of those things, but overlooked it because last v8 manual sedan. Once the novelty of that wears off, expect to see more and more critical reviews.
I’m not sure that the novelty will wear off unless another manufacturer makes a superior high power mid size to large 4 door sedan WITH a manual in the future….and that is unlikely.

Also this review mentioned which colors were produced in the most abundance. That's something I've only seen here on the registry. He could have also gotten the data from dealers, but still that's detail that other reviews have not mentioned

It most certainly does not look light gray. Here is a pic from my car, which has it. The rant about there not being enough color contrast & that the color change only is on the top of the seats is wildly inaccurate as again he has no clue of the sueded back seat options. There aren’t many interiors I’ve seen that have as much or more contrast than this.

Other reviews likely didn’t mention color order numbers bc they got the car early in the cycle instead of way late to the game. Hard to provide order numbers when the car just debuted.

All brake pedal feel is simulated through a solenoid as it is brake by wire. There is no physical connection between the brake pedal & brake pads. For a 4100+ 4 door car it feels light. This isn’t a Miata or trying to be one. The wheel control particularly over rumble strips on the track is unreal good.

Attachments

• 5B743A65-FC68-4B8A-8077-4F372864E1CA.jpeg
    5B743A65-FC68-4B8A-8077-4F372864E1CA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
It most certainly does not look light gray. Here is a pic from my car, which has it. The rant about there not being enough color contrast & that the color change only is on the top of the seats is wildly inaccurate as again he has no clue of the sueded back seat options. There aren’t many interiors I’ve seen that have as much or more contrast than this.

Other reviews likely didn’t mention color order numbers bc they got the car early in the cycle instead of way late to the game. Hard to provide order numbers when the car just debuted.

All brake pedal feel is simulated through a solenoid as it is brake by wire. There is no physical connection between the brake pedal & brake pads. For a 4100+ 4 door car it feels light. This isn’t a Miata or trying to be one. The wheel control particularly over rumble strips on the track is unreal good.
Serious question (I'm color blind)... What color is it?

Serious question (I'm color blind)... What color is it?

It looks very light grey to me... I feel like this deserves a new thread. Maybe we've discovered one of those blue dress with black stripes vs white dress with gold stripes situations.

Last edited:
Photos are subjective depending on the light and depending on the digital camera it may have a warm or cool hue.

You really need to see it in person to be the judge. It looks like an off white to me most of the time.
1614091799392.jpg
my22ct4bw-ap2-2877fin-1612214642.jpg

He thinks sky cool gray seats are actually gray.
To someone who is on the spectrum of being color blind, you cannot convince them otherwise. Maybe his perception is slightly off or maybe the car he reviewed and the lighting conditions made it look a certain way.

I can't believe this is a debate at this point but what better to do on a Sunday morning.

One thing is for certain, these seats are absolutely stunning 😍

I would have went with this combo in a heartbeat but I got two young boys and I learned my lesson with our Volvo cream leather.

They’re white. Any shop I’ve brought the car to has said “yea we were real careful not to get dirt on your white seats”

I do agree that journalists overlook some flaws because they love the idea of what it represents, but most reviews I've seen/read have been fairly transparent about that; I think that's what MotoMan was saying also.

You never hear the end of folks moaning in C&D, R&T, Evo etc. about how turbocharged, downsized engines are strangling the fun in modern performance cars, how infotainment digitization is prioritized over driving experience, and bemoaning the death of the manual. So GM says - here you go - literally everything you asked for!

I'm no Chris Harris but I do appreciate a good driver's car, and I've driven many. The 5BW is not a safe choice. It has some flaws - and while not absolutely perfect, the steering feel is not wooden, the brakes do not lack feel, the wheel control is not terrible ... we're talking about degrees, and tradeoffs. You can dial out the understeer. The manual transmission is fantastic and not an option with any competitor. The sound of the V8 (though 'enhanced' in the BW) is gnarlier and more enjoyable than what you get in the BMWs and Audis. MB is going 4-cylinder.

So, is the 5BW "overrated"? No, I don't think so.

I think the M5 CS is a strong shout for being an icon and the best M5 of all time - but it's an academic point because most of us aren't allowed to buy one, and you still don't get to row your own. Aside from that, could one say that any of its contemporary competitors will go down as classics? Admittedly I'm only a month into ownership, but I can't think of a single competitor I'd rather buy.

Last edited:
I do agree that journalists love the idea of what it represents, but most reviews I've seen/read have been fairly transparent about that; I think that's what MotoMan was saying also.

You never hear the end of folks moaning in C&D, R&T, Evo etc. about how turbocharged, downsized engines are strangling the fun in modern performance cars, how infotainment digitization is prioritized over driving experience, and bemoaning the death of the manual. So GM says - here you go - literally everything you asked for! And of course many will proceed to not buy it anyway and go for the safe choice from MB, BMW, VAG.

I'm no Chris Harris but I do appreciate a good driver's car, and I've driven many. The 5BW is not a safe choice. It has some flaws - but the steering feel is not wooden, the brakes do not lack feel, the wheel control is not terrible ... we're talking about degrees, and tradeoffs. You can dial out the understeer. The manual transmission is fantastic and not an option with any competitor. The sound of the V8 (though 'enhanced' in the BW) is gnarlier than what you get in the BMWs and Audis. MB is going 4-cylinder.

So, is the 5BW "overrated"?

Let's look at the alternatives from this generation. I think the M5 CS is a strong shout for being an icon and the best M5 of all time - but it's an academic point because most of us aren't allowed to buy one, and you still don't get to row your own. For that reason, even in the hypothetical situation where I was a favored long time BMW customer offered an allocation, I'd have to think long and hard about it vs the 5BW.

RS6? Nothing compared to their older stuff - downsized engine, no manual, less feel and excitement. M3 Comp? It's incredibly fast but no one is saying it will be one of the greatest M3s. AMG? It's a four cylinder hybrid. Panamera ... umm... does Porsche even acknowledge its existence?

So, when it came time for me to write a check for a performance 4-door daily, as my other favorite manufacturer says "there is [literally] no substitute"!
The ct5 BW has set the 4 door track record at nearly every track it’s ran. Look at c&d lightning lap. They basically tied the record run by the GT63 (a car costing twice as much & running on sport cup 2s) and that was with them not getting an optimal lap (which they admit in the video). Look at lightning lap & the cars this is faster than at VIR: Viper, Ferrari 458, Mustang GT350, Audi R8, etc. This is an incredible feat of engineering & a very fun car to drive.

Ha, looking at your photo it just dawned on me that each of quilts has a little V emblem at its base... that's attention to detail for you..

A discussion about the E39 M5 in which the the Blackwings feature heavily as a contrast to them - and maybe not in the way you think...

"[The E39] does more things better than any other car before or since ... until Blackwing"

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners