Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Really? I would get a remarkably different car to complement a blackwing- Maybe a C8 or a body on frame SUV like a bronco. The mustang/camaro would be the last thing I would consider.

Good idea!!!
1690982743028.png

Really? I would get a remarkably different car to complement a blackwing- Maybe a C8 or a body on frame SUV like a bronco. The mustang/camaro would be the last thing I would consider.
How about a Lotus Elise? That's my 2nd car. A sub-2,000lbs mid-engine sports car that sticks like hell and communicates everything, that you can wring out to an inch of its life and not break every speed limit instantly... and a comfy, fun, manual luxury sedan with 5x the torque :_rock and a thundering V8 soundtrack. I'm gonna be stuck with these two as long as gas is sold.

Oddly, I see a lot of parallels in how they treated the ATS becoming the CT4 in the change of 6th to 7th gen Mustang.

Both have the glass/roof hard points unchanged, a focus on updating the interior, updated Mag ride and small improvements to suspension/brakes etc.
Yup, your pretty spot on it still goes back to ALPHA vs whatever Ford uses for Mustang chassis. The money going towards EV's is insane and clearly both platforms got peanuts for continuation. Lucky for us the ALPHA was already underneath....

Yup, I have little to no education on Mustangs and this new one looks like a sheet metal fix as FORD has spent little money because it looks like a Camaro and the interior is straight garbage so I can only imagine it's the same chassis from previous gen.
The Savagegeese video on the Blackhorse has a long section of interviews with engineers and designers where they kind of say exactly this. They kept saying things along the lines of "We had big plans do A, B, and C but that would have costed millions of the dollars and the bones of the car were already good so we just did X, Y, and Z because it was cheaper."

The Savagegeese video on the Blackhorse has a long section of interviews with engineers and designers where they kind of say exactly this. They kept saying things along the lines of "We had big plans do A, B, and C but that would have costed millions of the dollars and the bones of the car were already good so we just did X, Y, and Z because it was cheaper."
It was one of the most strange videos where you see ppl who worked on the car talk about it. I was really left with the impression that the team wanted to do a lot more than that but Ford direction forced them to do the minimum.

And that part about we interviewed ppl and they prefer buttons or screen but not a mix of both blah blah. Oh please ppl just like something that works for God's sake.

That was quick! I can't even watch it I mean they absolutely butchered the car into a Camaro looking thing with even worse interior than the Camaro? Oppenheiser knows vehicles and it's evident in the 5th, 6th gen Camaro. Corvette chief Tadge is good too. Maybe Ford should should just have an all female team do Mustangs from here on out as they are doing quite the job on this 7th gen....lol

As opposed to the Blackwing engineering team that said they would not do anything to the car unless it made it better.

As opposed to the Blackwing engineering team that said they would not do anything to the car unless it made it better.
It's still a bit mind boggling to me that in the age of downsizing engines and removing enthusiast features like manual transmissions that GM basically broke open the piggy bank and told the car guys and gals on the engineering team to build the best enthusiast cars they can.

Dam! Full interior, factory wheels 4100 pound BEAST!

I consider the 5BW more of a track car and not a point and shoot car, this video has me re-thinking that!

Respectable times, well done.

The hope was the 7th gen Mustang would take cue's from the Camaro in terms of performance and handling, especially because the Camaro is dying so the perfect pony car would be if we had Camaro driving dynamics but Mustang usability.

Instead we got a refreshed S550 with the same chassis, no physical buttons and big screens. A Dark Horse with track pack will be very good but like the Mach 1 its going to be way to expensive. Like Camaro ZL1 levels of expensive without the supercharged performance. Mustang Bros will buy them because Mustang but if anyone is smart they will go get a '24 Camaro SS 1LE while they can and save a buck or a '24 ZL1 non 1LE for the same money, it will also hold better value.

The hope was the 7th gen Mustang would take cue's from the Camaro in terms of performance and handling, especially because the Camaro is dying so the perfect pony car would be if we had Camaro driving dynamics but Mustang usability.

Instead we got a refreshed S550 with the same chassis, no physical buttons and big screens. A Dark Horse with track pack will be very good but like the Mach 1 its going to be way to expensive. Like Camaro ZL1 levels of expensive without the supercharged performance. Mustang Bros will buy them because Mustang but if anyone is smart they will go get a '24 Camaro SS 1LE while they can and save a buck or a '24 ZL1 non 1LE for the same money, it will also hold better value.
Pretty much exactly well said!

It's a shame because with Germans pumping out synthesized unexciting cars to drive and soon EV sport cars (Boxster/Cayman) I thing they had the chance to scoop up some customer base that are looking for a package with good drivetrain feel but instead providing a good all arounder (think 2 door 4BW with a V8) they pumped out a reash with the same unjustifiable high price. Dark Horse here in Canada in similar trim is the same as a BMW M2 damn...

Finally - I love these guys reviews on other cars. I didn't think they'd like it but they did and they finally gave the car some credit! I think it's good they lost the original footage and had some time with similar cars to compare it to.
Once again ALPHA chassis rules!

Finally - I love these guys reviews on other cars. I didn't think they'd like it but they did and they finally gave the car some credit! I think it's good they lost the original footage and had some time with similar cars to compare it to.

I like that they point out what happens when you live with the LF4 engine, it's actually an excellent engine in this chassis. It sounds great for a V6 and has a solid low-end, it has very little turbo lag and warms up fast,l yet has a cooling system that is sized well enough that even in these record temperatures pushed hard it simply refuses to overheat.

I don't think the gearing is too tall, it's a track capable street car, not a street car with mediocre power geared to compensate for lots of short comings, yes I'm talking about you Supra, Z and ISF.....

I'm sad my car wasn't involved but I get it. The minute I saw Sam Car Legion had this car from the Press Fleet, I knew it would get passed around. It's far more convenient for TH to use a press car than use a car from private hands.

I like that they point out what happens when you live with the LF4 engine, it's actually an excellent engine in this chassis. It sounds great for a V6 and has a solid low-end, it has very little turbo lag and warms up fast,l yet has a cooling system that is sized well enough that even in these record temperatures pushed hard it simply refuses to overheat.

I don't think the gearing is too tall, it's a track capable street car, not a street car with mediocre power geared to compensate for lots of short comings, yes I'm talking about you Supra, Z and ISF.....
Nice, I am big backer of the engine or it's siblings have owned 2qty previous High Feature V6's and currently LGX
bought the vehicle for that specific engine...it's that reliable and efficient!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back