Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

You guys think the roll in 2nd is a disadvantage? I commented to see why it's always like that, but the Z and supra top out in 1st less than 40mph so it makes sense for them. I feel like for the BW a 30 roll is a first gear race. In the one from closer to 40 the BW does better.

Also, in the drag races it isn't clear which PTM setting he's in and doesn't look like he's using launch control or NLS. The times are about a half second off magazine times for the BW

They're all such close races it seems like it could make a difference.

32mph in 2nd gear is hurting the BW more than the other cars due to the gearing. He also didn't take traction control completely off so it might have been cutting power, especially if the track was a little damp.

... obviously the 5 is going to overshadow the 4 when you're driving them back to back the same day. Having the 4 on it's own/on the street for the week looks to have boosted their opinion of it.

The power in the 5 is hilariously fun, but to me it still feels like a boat in the any corners. That feeling only gets worse when driven back to back with the 4.

The 4 could use another 30hp and be perfect, the 5 simply can't hide the extra wheel base. That's not criticism, rather just the opposite. The chassis dynamics of both are so good one can actually feel the difference in the seat of the pants, and not just in your wallet.

32mph in 2nd gear is hurting the BW more than the other cars due to the gearing. He also didn't take traction control completely off so it might have been cutting power, especially if the track was a little damp.

I'm saying because I have crushed more than on supra during trips to Mexico and it wasn't close, but then we were launching 55... so...

I think he's in the wrong PTM mode, maybe he's in wet or dry, it's hard not to get wheel spin and chirp on the shifts in sport or above.

The power in the 5 is hilariously fun, but to me it still feels like a boat in the any corners. That feeling only gets worse when driven back to back with the 4.

The 4 could use another 30hp and be perfect, the 5 simply can't hide the extra wheel base. That's not criticism, rather just the opposite. The chassis dynamics of both are so good one can actually feel the difference in the seat of the pants, and not just in your wallet.
I would love to try a 4 on a twisty backroad to compare, I imagine it's a real hoot!

The DWA ("driving while awesome") podcast had one of the more negative reviews of the 5V, and they said something similar about it being 'boaty' and how it's really hard to get into a rhythm and have fun on a really technical backroad.

In my case, switching seats from a 911 with rear axle steering, that's how it felt at first to me. However, over time I've been able to trust the car's grip more and adapt my driving style a bit, and it's just as much fun on those roads (a little bit of cornering speed sacrificed for explosive acceleration coming out). Variety is the spice of life and all that.

DarkHorse with PP is about $70k. I'd love to see a head to head, track and street win a 4Blackwing.

DarkHorse with PP is about $70k. I'd love to see a head to head, track and street win a 4Blackwing.
I would think it's faster everywhere, but a worse DD, especially with the handling pack which lets it run those lap times.

A Mach 1 on Cup 2s ran a 2:51.x in C&D lightning lap. 4BW is 2:54.x

Would be one hell of a two car garage though!

I would think it's faster everywhere, but a worse DD, especially with the handling pack which lets it run those lap times.

A Mach 1 on Cup 2s ran a 2:51.x in C&D lightning lap. 4BW is 2:54.x

I still don't think they've LL'd the 4 to it's potential. GM's ran 'em to 2.52.

The new Mustang is over 39xxlbs. So the 20hp over the Mach1 won't do anything. I think they are running Trofeo Rs though which will make the difference. Be damn certain, the Trofeos would cut time off a BlackWing too.

I still don't think they've LL'd the 4 to it's potential. GM's ran 'em to 2.52.

The new Mustang is over 39xxlbs. So the 20hp over the Mach1 won't do anything. I think they are running Trofeo Rs though which will make the difference. Be damn certain, the Trofeos would cut time off a BlackWing too.
That's fair. I didn't know the GM lap times.

On equal rubber I agree it's probably damn close then.

Really? I would get a remarkably different car to complement a blackwing- Maybe a C8 or a body on frame SUV like a bronco. The mustang/camaro would be the last thing I would consider.

Really? I would get a remarkably different car to complement a blackwing- Maybe a C8 or a body on frame SUV like a bronco. The mustang/camaro would be the last thing I would consider.
From a "daily and a sports car" perspective, yes, really. You could do a lot worse than a 500 HP N/A V8 with a stick. I'd take one over a base C8. Z06 would be a different story but also different price point.

Boxster/Cayman GTS 4.0 also in the running with some other stuff too, obviously.

I'd probably wait for the inevitable Shelby or whatever the next model up would be if I was personally going after one, but I understand the appeal of these as they are.

The articles I read today all said the Darkhorse still isn’t as good as a 1LE. The 4BW would take the mustang but not sure about a drag race. Would love to see the two Auto 10 speeds race

The articles I read today all said the Darkhorse still isn’t as good as a 1LE. The 4BW would take the mustang but not sure about a drag race. Would love to see the two Auto 10 speeds race
LET'S be honest I don't think there is a better performer for the money than a 1LE it's that good!

Strip one down to 3400-3500lbs and it's a world eater. The bargain GT4.
Yup, I have little to no education on Mustangs and this new one looks like a sheet metal fix as FORD has spent little money because it looks like a Camaro and the interior is straight garbage so I can only imagine it's the same chassis from previous gen.

Now the ALPHA is about as good as it gets and FORD couldn't even hang with this chassis as evident by their 3,4 5.0 engine upgrades over this chassis run. So what does GM do for ALPHA II yup even facking stiffer with more weight reduction! The ALPHA II is like god coming to earth and making a chassis that can handle anything it's that freaking good! Most probably don't know but the BW is 60% stiffer than the CTS and that was ALPHA and 3.6L a freaking lovely dream to drive.

I have driven both and the CTS was absolute bliss driving and not for older folks...the BW literally 2x that car and it's so damn rewarding driving it knowing that I am only getting 30% out of this around town! It's far and away the best car I have ever driven and DOES IT ALL!

Yup, I have little to no education on Mustangs and this new one looks like a sheet metal fix as FORD has spent little money because it looks like a Camaro and the interior is straight garbage so I can only imagine it's the same chassis from previous gen.
Oddly, I see a lot of parallels in how they treated the ATS becoming the CT4 in the change of 6th to 7th gen Mustang.

Both have the glass/roof hard points unchanged, a focus on updating the interior, updated Mag ride and small improvements to suspension/brakes etc.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back