Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Maybe a dumb question…

Mikey_hux

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to turn on the ct5v without turning on the engine?

For example, I just want to check the settings of the car etc and I don’t really need to turn on the engine.

Some things can be viewed/adjusted in accessory mode. - Done by pushing the start switch without foot on the brake/clutch. Other things the car needs to be started.

Some things can be viewed/adjusted in accessory mode. - Done by pushing the start switch without foot on the brake/clutch. Other things the car needs to be started.
I see. I’m going to have to give that a try.

Thank you

Dude, I think it is past time to get out the owners manual and read. Trying to be nice before someone posts RTFM.
You're right bro (it gets annoying lol). Car is at the shop getting a PPF and tints with the owner's manual. Just trying to cut corners hahaha

You're right bro (it gets annoying lol). Car is at the shop getting a PPF and tints with the owner's manual. Just trying to cut corners hahaha
Download the pdf version or use the Cadillac app to view.

Dude, I think it is past time to get out the owners manual and read. Trying to be nice before someone posts RTFM.
I'll say it.......RTFM. Don't understand why people don't, especially for this car. TONS of great info. I have the paper version, and the PDF version. Oh, and there's a search function on this forum. @Tall Steve said its in the upper right corner.

I like how the OP titles the thread “Maybe a Dumb Question”. WTF, is this your first car? Dumbest question since this forum began. You don’t know how to turn on the car without turning on the engine? Dear God!

1692733872892.gif

I like how the OP titles the thread “Maybe a Dumb Question”. WTF, is this your first car? Dumbest question since this forum began. You don’t know how to turn on the car without turning on the engine? Dear God!

View attachment 21237
Not my first car! My older cars were a lot easier nothing fancy like this car. I did try a couple times when I bought it and couldn't figure it out. I had to always start the engine to start it.

My bad for asking! Didn’t know it’s a big deal in this forum to ask questions that doesn’t really matter!

For decades, cars have had an accessory position. When we used/use keys, it was the halfway position between off and full ignition start. With today’s cars, simply pressing the button without your foot on the break will get you to the same place.

Wondering what type of vehicles you’ve been driving over the past decades that you didn’t know how to get to the accessory position?

None expensive ones and all have keys.

Mazda RX8 - 2007
Mercedes C300 - 2011 (no remote start)

I knew how to put these cars into accessory position with the key.

Been holding off for so many years to buy me an updated car. Pulled the trigger last Saturday. Was looking at the Mercedes AMG c63s coupe but the CT5V Blackwing was a better choice and out performs the Mercedes.

Just hang in there and don't worry about it. Just be glad you didn't buy a Jeep, this forum is tame compared to many of the off-roading forums.
@rubberduck it's funny you mentioned Jeep. I was going to get the gladiator with a rocky ridge package. It was too expensive for a Jeep. I did offer them a number and luckily they declined.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back