Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Matte Black Hood

Wrap (you can pick all that you like)

• Hood only matte black

• Hood roof deck lid matte black

• Hood only gloss black

• Hood roof deck lid gloss black

• Grille width stripe matte

• Grille width stripe gloss

• Leave it alone, no wrap

Results are only viewable after voting.

HoustonCuse

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 CTS-V, 2023 CT4 BW
I just got my 4BW and in the first week I caught some kind of packing material blowing off a truck that scratched the hell out of my hood. Now thinking about wrapping the hood. I really like the maverick noir frost and though well maybe it would look ok to do a wrap on the hood in a matte black type color.

But then part of me says that would look cheesy. What do you all think? Options are: do nothing, do hood in matte black, do hood roof and maybe trunk lid in matte black, same options in gloss black, or do a sort of stripe in vinyl that is the width of the grille, not the entire hood.

Looking for other opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_3006.jpeg
    IMG_3006.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 80
Firstly, it's your car so you should modify it for you and no one else. But that said, since you asked for opinions, I would not touch the hood. I really like that color. If you want to make it a little more unique I'd get some black Cadillac emblems for the front and back and some black badges. That's what I'm doing with my radiant red BW.

If you are set on wrapping it, I would consider matte PPF the whole thing and make it look like frozen red. I think that would look pretty badass, but it’s your car!

Based on what you said, I’m not sure PPF would cover up the scratches if you are trying to hide them. That may require an actual solid colored wrap. If that is the case, I would prefer to wrap the entire car the same color instead of black across the hood/roof while leaving glossy radiant red everywhere else.

Must have read that too fast and missed the part about the scratches. I'd still just go through insurance if you have comprehensive and get the hood resprayed before I'd wrap it.

If you can figure out proportions and where to start / stop the matte stripes; I am a fan of that subtle touch.
I did this to my Cayman GTS--and thrilled with how it turned out.
IMG_4302.jpg

I'm getting very close to having a Blackwing, and thinking about the matte stripes on it--but can't quite work out if it's the right look for me on this car.
Best part is stripes peel easily if you hate them; best wishes with your decision--do post photos if you do something.

Attachments

• IMG_4301.jpg
    IMG_4301.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4305.jpg
    IMG_4305.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 62
If you can figure out proportions and where to start / stop the matte stripes; I am a fan of that subtle touch.
View attachment 21616
I'm getting very close to having a Blackwing, and thinking about the matte stripes on it--but can't quite work out if it's the right look for me on this car.
Best part is stripes peel easily if you hate them; best wishes with your decision--do post photos if you do something.
That's cool!

On my Cayman, I worked with a local graphics company that specializes in vehicles (but isn't a PPF house). At first I thought I was going do a silver or contrasting yellow color, and the owner suggested the clear, matte material for a 'ghost stripe' effect. He NAILED that choice and also made the call on the start / stop locations--with my request being that I wanted a double-stripe.
If memory serves, all the material he uses for vehicle work is made by Avery.

Thank you for the kind words / compliments, too.

View attachment 21616
Wow! Really like that. For me black stripes are a little boy racerish (not that there's anything wrong with that). Now I'm wondering what this effect would look like on my rift metallic.

The ghost stripes on that yellow Porsche are very cool.

Gotta post pics if you get the BW done that way.

I did use carbon fiber wrap material on my rear deck spoiler, rocker mouldings, part of the rear lower bumper front lower spoiler and the radio plastic. Looks like the real deal, only without the cost. I do like the larger rear spoiler and may get one later on.

Attachments

• 20230906_185050.jpg
    20230906_185050.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
  • 20220719_184758.jpg
    20220719_184758.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed