Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Line lock ?

loudmofo

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BLACKWING
Has anyone used there line lock and how do you do it, how well does it work post picks of burnouts.

This is the only video of it I've seen:

Screenshot_20211006-204518.jpg
Screenshot_20211006-204528.jpg
Screenshot_20211006-204534.jpg

I'd like to try this but also don't want to reduce the lifespan of these expensive tires too much, how much damage does a burnout like that do?

Seems you can pretty easily, still wouldn't lighting up the tires for even a few seconds cause some serious wear?
Lol! Why do you think I wanted to commemorate the one time I did it on video!?

Yeah, these tires are super soft, so this will not be a common occurrence, but it's nice to know I can if I want to.

Not everyone is rich like you :p
Please, I'm not "rich", I live in the ghetto in a 25 yr old shit box, I work min 50 hr a week, I have to borrow money to pay the electric bill, and a couple of years ago my son worked at Discount tire so I got them cheap, lol..... There are a few guy on this forum that are "true" ballers, and I'm not one of them!

Please, I'm not "rich", I live in the ghetto in a 25 yr old shit box, I work min 50 hr a week, I have to borrow money to pay the electric bill, and a couple of years ago my son worked at Discount tire so I got them cheap, lol..... There are a few guy on this forum that are "true" ballers, and I'm not one of them!
Whats your secret? 2 bw’s ?

Lol! Why do you think I wanted to commemorate the one time I did it on video!?

Yeah, these tires are super soft, so this will not be a common occurrence, but it's nice to know I can if I want to.

So, the PS4S version on the Blackwing is the TPC spec. Which is simply GM's way of telling you this tire is the OEM that meets the Tire Performance Criteria. There is a number on the tire sidewall right next to the letters TPC that you can use as a shorthand way of ordering replacements.

BTW - 300TW is not considered a 'super sticky' tire. It's more grip than an all-season, for sure, but for 'ultimate grip', you need to start with something in the 200TW or lower range. (Goodyear SC3, Falken RT660, Pilot SC2, etc).

edited post to take out the stuff where I had no idea what I was talking about

Last edited:
No, that's not accurate from what GM said. They have bespoke PS4S for the BW and as I recall about 61% of the composition is R-compound. IT IS NOT THE SAME as standard PS4S tires, you want the TPC spec for maximum grip in the corners.

No, that's not accurate from what GM said. They have bespoke PS4S for the BW and as I recall about 61% of the composition is R-compound. IT IS NOT THE SAME as standard PS4S tires, you want the TPC spec for maximum grip in the corners.

So...in the spirit of not knowing everything, I dug a little on this.

While I couldn't find anything specific to the Backwing, I did find this about the PS4S for the BMW M3.

Compelling evidence I could be wrong. However, this would be the 1st time that specific tire was related to a TPC and not a model designation.

Notice in the linked article/video, the BMW version has a 'star' after the logo. The retail version does not.

Here are some links referencing the bespoke development with Michelin somewhere in the article:

I think there was an intro/teaser video from the Blackwing team out there somewhere where to spoke to this as well.
From the first article, you will find the TPC tires have some of the polymer design of the Cup 2 tires.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back