Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Leather vs Microfiber Steering Wheel and Shift Knob?

Funny - when I was configuring what I would like I debated this. The wheel on my GT350 is alcantara and frankly I preferred the feel of the leather on my SS. Plus I am not that wild about the look of alcantara on control surfaces - elsewhere is fine. No doubt the alcantara is grippier but I just prefer the look and feel of leather. So unless you are going to be a track rat, I’d say go with your preference.

I had it on my V2 and various other cars along the way and wouldn't own a vehicle without it...if it is an option. The only upkeep I ever did was wiped it down with a damp microfiber and some rubbing alcohol a couple times a year and it always brought it back to like new.

Not to mention living in the desert in the summertime the leather can tend to get a little hot on the hands.

I wonder if there will be a thickness difference in leather vs microfiber steering wheel? In Hellcats, the microfiber wrapped wheel is noticeably thinner than the leather wrapped version. When I had a Redeye, this was one option I regretted getting because I loved the thicker standard leather SRT wheel.

I wonder if there will be a thickness difference in leather vs microfiber steering wheel? In Hellcats, the microfiber wrapped wheel is noticeably thinner than the leather wrapped version. When I had a Redeye, this was one option I regretted getting because I loved the thicker standard leather SRT wheel.
Yeah I remember thinking the steering wheel on my V2 with alcantara seemed thinner than I thought.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back