Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

It’s here!!!!

Putting everything on except the canards is like taking a bath with one leg hanging out...... This CF thing is crazy so remember all them parts are there for a reason... I believe it's been stated on this forum somewhere that mix matching the parts is a bad idea......

Roast away...... 😥
Ya 3 or 0 is 'better' than a subset according to Caddy. The one 'plus' is they really only come into play at race track speeds. So you can style away and won't notice a thing, even if you don't optimize with all 3 pieces.

The graph from Caddy shows under 120 they don't do much.

Ya 3 or 0 is 'better' than a subset according to Caddy. The one 'plus' is they really only come into play at race track speeds. So you can style away and won't notice a thing, even if you don't optimize with all 3 pieces.

To each their own, IMHO the 4 would look silly without the canards and everything else..... I'm sorry, I just don't get/understand mix matching stuff..... The BW's are perfect, at least to me and everyone already wants to change them... Oh well, again, to each their own....

oh yes, all good points.....

Good conversation.
I suppose I’ll be the ugly duckling when I’m done without the canards.

From my perspective/assumptions the canards are probably providing 50-70lbs of downforce on the front at speed. And probably reducing some drag at the same speed.

Lowering the car .5-.75 should make up the difference in loss of downforce as there’s normally a 10-15% delta in downforce generation from front to rear.

Said another way.
Less negative pressure build up under the car would produce a similar effect as “downforce” that potentially exceeds what canards provide alone.

There are probably dependencies I am not accounting for. At the same time I don’t plan on ripping curves in excess of 100mph all that often.

I don’t mean to “ruin” the perfect car but it is what it is.

If I feel the front floating more than it should I’ll reassess the situation.

From my perspective/assumptions the canards are probably providing 50-70lbs of downforce on the front at speed.
According to Savage Geese who spoke with the lead Cadillac engineer on the BW series, the full CF package provides the CT4-V BW with ~169lbs of downforce over 120mph

According to Savage Geese who spoke with the lead Cadillac engineer on the BW series, the full CF package provides the CT4-V BW with ~169lbs of downforce over 120mph
Even less than expected.
Y’all are full of knowledge

Even less than expected.
Y’all are full of knowledge
We just continually re-watch reviews on our cars while we impatiently await their arrival... :LOL:

I've watched the Savage Geese one 5 times now.

I don’t mean to “ruin” the perfect car but it is what it is.
That's it, you're not going to. They optimized in a wind tunnel for lap times, while having it be totally safe for the road. No different than manufacturers dialing in more understeer, because it's better to see the hedge coming than going backwards into it ;-)

If it wasn't $3k I'd likely add the rear spoiler cause it's bad ass and I'd still hit up Laguna and not worry about the 'compromise'. You need to be a really good stick to notice the difference & then the question would be, if you're an amateur club racer or higher are you seriously tracking your 4BW over your regular track car or you're just out having some fun.

Make the car your own and enjoy the heck out of it! TBF a bunch of internet rando's can do one, you know what you want, make it happen :)

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners