Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ISO CT5Wing Spare Tire Package

Did you ever get a solution sorted out for this?
Well, I received lots of great Christmas gifts, but the spare tire kit was not one of them 🙁
so, not yet. She told me I don’t drive the 5BW much (she’s correct), so all of the other gifts were higher in her list. New Race Ramps, Milwaukee PackOut boxes, more bourbon and more.
I believe the truck cooler mount kit bolts through the trunk metal, so “should work” to provide some security. Not scared to drill on my car, especially in a not visible area.

I plan to make some excuse to go down this path over the next couple of months. 👍

The new extra HD Race Ramps (2500lbs each) are great, so every vehicle I have can be safely supported, and tested on all vehicles as they all were due for oil changes. 🥵

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm being dense but I can't find where you posted your mounting solution. Can you point me to it?

Ah ha. That's because I never found a solution. The spare doesn't fit in the space where the tire goo and pump reside. So it just sits in the trunk, taking up a huge amount of space. All of the crap inside of the not-very-custom case is the jack, ratcheting jack handle, lugs nuts (you need nuts to hold on the spacer and then new nuts to hold on the wheel, since the OE nuts are too big) and several sockets for all of the different sizes needed (including the jack, since I don't trust the handle) and a breaker bar for the sockets, and disposable gloves and some towels, largely to eliminate all of these things rattling. It all weighs probably 30 lbs.

To the left of the spare is my stylish blanket for those picnic emergencies, and on the right I have a couple of elastic nets storage cubbies that stick on the side of the trunk with Velcro.
Trunk.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners