Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ISO CT5Wing Spare Tire Package

revvhigh

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
I am far more concerned about being stranded somewhere with my family of young kids, than I am about minimizing weight for lap times.

Is there someplace online that sells a turn key 5Wing spare tire package with tools and trunk mounting/storage parts?

I can deal with a donut rather than a fullsize spare if needed.

Good thread idea...anyone have one of these? I haven't dug around under the trunk liner much, but I gather this would be somewhat of a trunk hog rather than fit under the liner?

Good thread idea...anyone have one of these? I haven't dug around under the trunk liner much, but I gather this would be somewhat of a trunk hog rather than fit under the liner?
It’s 27” round and only 6” tall. The 5BW trunk is roughly 37 to 38” (not counting the back corners) and 17” high from my trunk mat to the bottom of the speaker. 19” high not counting the tiny speaker magnets. I did a mock up and IMO still have plenty of space for other bags, etc. I’m strongly considering so I don’t have to put the factory cheese whiz crap inside my tire/wheel.

I had one of these for my son's Camaro and its a quality kit..
IMG_0195 (2).jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

I bought one for my BMW. I need to see if it will fit the Caddy... it has two sets of bolt holes so it's obviously designed for several fitments.

It's almost certainly too big (height) for the little hideaway thing in the trunk, but you could remove the carpet and the styrofoam insert to at least take partial advantage of it.

I bought my own jack, lug wrench, etc. as I didn't care for the ones that came in the kit, and they were a bit pricey as well. I think I got a good bottle jack (safer than the chinese scissor jacks that the kit has) and a decent quality wrench and sockets... all for less than the kit. I even cheaped-out on the tire bag and bought something generic for Jeeps off of eBay for $7.

I had one of their kits for my 350 Mustang and it’s a good kit. It included a spacer too so I could use it on the front or rear wheels. Had a Pirelli tire on it.

It's almost certainly too big (height) for the little hideaway thing in the trunk,
6” height spare… in a truck with 17 to 19” height🤔, maybe you are still comparing to your old BMW trunk?

It's not an insignificant presence in the trunk, but still worth having it as a solution to keep you mobile.

6” height spare… in a truck with 17 to 19” height🤔, maybe you are still comparing to your old BMW trunk?
No, what I meant was that it will not fit in the hole where the air pump is, the area that would have had a real factory spare tire in it years ago. It will not fit with the trunk liner (carpet) on top.

Of course it will fit in the trunk!

Have you found any kind of good mounting kit to bolt it in place?
I have not bought it as I’m hoping it comes as a Christmas gift from my wife.🤞 I’ve asked for a lot of stuff, lol.

Cadillac makes a mounting kit for their cooler that fits it the truck and was thinking about researching it as an option. Even though it’s in the trunk, not a big fan of something that big just sitting back there loose.

not a big fan of something that big just sitting back there loose.

100% agree. Please let me know if you come up with something post-wife. :D

BTW I see you're in Katy. I'm not too far from you on the northside. Do you happen to know if we have a local 5Wing club?

I’ll let you know what I find out if it all comes together.

I believe that the Cadillac V Club has a Houston Chapter, but I haven’t joined.
Here’s the link: Cadillac V-Club - Home

Correct, I live in Katy and there are several Houston and sounding members that regularly post on the forum as fyi. Several BW4 & BW5 owners.

So, as I noted above, I had one of these for my BMW, so I finally got around to testing it, and of course the spacer does not fit the GM product, but the wheel does, so I contacted Matt at Modern Spare. He was nice enough to address my questions, and sent me a correct spacer as well as extra lug nuts since those 22mm monsters on the car will not fit. I offerred to trade in the BMW spacer, but he thought I'd prefer to just pay for the new one. LOL, he ain't runnin' a charity!

I test fit it over the holiday, and it works just fine, clearing the front brakes.

Guys and girls, be sure to remember to let Santa know that you want one. All-in it's a few hundred bucks, but for me, that's cheap insurance.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back