Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is there a way to always have rev match on?

NoirFrostV

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
New BW owner here, is there a way to always have rev match on so that I don’t have to push the button everytime I get in the car?

Following

No, rev match has been a feature for almost 10 years across GM products and I have never heard of an aftermarket solution to have it on permanently.

Its possible it exists but I've been a big fan of C7 Corvette's (the first implementation) and 6th gen Camaro's and have been on the forums of both for a long time, never seen any mention being able to make it permenant.

You can hit the button while moving the shifter to first or reverse, it isn't really a big deal.

After living with a few cars with an auto start/stop defeat option, I've become accustomed to having two start buttons. I only use rev match on fun roads.

Not currently. Maybe @WONT TAP can add that now that we have the ECUs unlocked.
We have been working on this for several weeks, and today we were very close. We now have the ECM portion figured out, but it appears the BCM is fighting back. Please stay tuned...

No, rev match has been a feature for almost 10 years across GM products and I have never heard of an aftermarket solution to have it on permanently.

Its possible it exists but I've been a big fan of C7 Corvette's (the first implementation) and 6th gen Camaro's and have been on the forums of both for a long time, never seen any mention being able to make it permenant.
We figured this out for the ATS-V community two or three years ago, and we're getting closer on the Blackwings.

New BW owner here, is there a way to always have rev match on so that I don’t have to push the button everytime I get in the car?
From the factory, this feature only works for Tour, Sport and My Mode.

We are currently working on driving mode non volatility, like we currently do for the ATS-V community. What this will do is allow the ECM to 'remember' your driving mode (including Snow/Ice, Track and V modes), in addition to your Auto Rev Match setting.

Please stay tuned...

Do you plan to offer the BCM unlock as a standalone package?

No. Supposedly another manufacturer (maybe Nissan?) had a patent on the rev match and to get around it the system can’t be on at startup. At least that’s what they said at spring mountain.it’s possible that fuel economy testing and emissions play a role too.

I’m sure some sort of relay could be created and plugged in via a harness that would go between the button and current harness that could accomplish this.

No. Supposedly another manufacturer (maybe Nissan?) had a patent on the rev match and to get around it the system can’t be on at startup. At least that’s what they said at spring mountain.it’s possible that fuel economy testing and emissions play a role too.

I’m sure some sort of relay could be created and plugged in via a harness that would go between the button and current harness that could accomplish this.
Hm, I have a mustang with a manual and it allows me to save the rev match as a setting and the car will start with it.

It would just take some sort of module who auto-presses on the button every start up like I have for the stop/start on my VW Atlas.

It could be true about they didn't want to pay the rights to have it work on start up. In my M3 it stays on too.

After living with a few cars with an auto start/stop defeat option, I've become accustomed to having two start buttons.
Same here. I hate how the start/stop being off can't be saved and remembered next time you turn the car off. Really annoying to have an AMG go silent at a stop light because you forget to turn it off.

After living with a few cars with an auto start/stop defeat option, I've become accustomed to having two start buttons. I only use rev match on fun roads.
I use the 3 button start myself. Ign, Park brake and Rev match 😁. I feel lost when I drive my wife's van that only requires 1 button. So basic, so boring.

I use the 3 button start myself. Ign, Park brake and Rev match 😁. I feel lost when I drive my wife's van that only requires 1 button. So basic, so boring.
You don’t have to ever release the parking brake. It auto releases for you in software when you start to apply throttle.

"Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should!" Learn to match revs yourself and you will be happy that its always off by default. Makes driving more engaging and fun too!
First it was synchros then rev match, whats next a transmission that shifts itself?!

It would just take some sort of module who auto-presses on the button every start up like I have for the stop/start on my VW Atlas.

It could be true about they didn't want to pay the rights to have it work on start up. In my M3 it stays on too.
A company used to make something like this for my old Infiniti to auto turn off the traction control with an automatic button press on startup. (KP Technologies was the name, I think.) I don't think they're in business anymore but the device was so stupid simple I can't imagine it wouldn't work on our cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back